What do you think about Rex's Foodland?
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
kelly

Nashville, TN

#41 May 18, 2010
California Girl wrote:
I have to agree that the meat at Rex's is the best and the store is kept very clean. The food in the deli doesn't look that appealing.As far as the clerks go they are nice if you talk to them they talk.A relative of mine worked there and it was the owner Rex that is hard to get along with but Chris the owner's son is very nice.The mother daughter team you mentioned. The mother either works at or use to work at the H& S drugstore in CHapel Hill.
The food in the deli was great when Carol, Melissa, and Deanna worked there.
hi there

College Grove, TN

#42 May 19, 2010
I think it's always very clean. The owners are some of the best people you could ever ask for. I always read the cashier's name tag and ask them how their day is going. Everyone has always been nice to me.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#43 Jul 26, 2010
Rex's sucks! They are way overpriced! I think Rex is a nice man but I don't care for Chris at all!
Susie Q

Eagleville, TN

#44 Jul 27, 2010
I have known rex for years and he is very nice but he is also tied to his wife's apron strings if you know what i mean..... I don't like her attitude or their son nor grandson and i don't like the fact that children are their base employees yes give them a chance to get a job but don't let down the grown up people who need work also.If you pay close attention you will see who they cater to.
franky

Chapel Hill, TN

#45 Aug 9, 2010
The produce is always rotten!!!!!!!!!! But the people are very nice all except for the one dark haired woman at customer service....shes got an attitude problem....and thats bad for business!!!
franky

Chapel Hill, TN

#46 Aug 10, 2010
went there today and of course they didn't have the item i wanted. what else is new!
REALLY

Columbia, TN

#47 Sep 27, 2010
the meat is good, but a bill there is uaually at least 50-60 bucks more than the same stuff at kroger. it doesnt take that much gas to get to lewisburg. The service isn't 50 dollars worth of better, either. I'm sorry, But it's kroger for me!

“ Velvet Trim Hair& Skin Spa”

Since: Oct 10

College Grove,TN

#48 Nov 1, 2010
southern person wrote:
I shop there and the cashiers are not friendly what happened to the southern hospitality or are they all from up north?
LOL, They use to be mean to me....But nicer now, i didn't like them at all at first. When you walk in it smells like rotten Feet with a hint of moldy Beef! It is convent, but i wish someone would open a new grocery store. My ice cream melts from Walmart in Franklin.
Ugh Spoiled

United States

#49 Apr 29, 2011
Don't buy the potatoes on sale ...I did and got them home..found out over half of them were rotten.
Really

Chapel Hill, TN

#50 Feb 13, 2012
local yokel wrote:
The staff there is allways friendy to me, maybe they give back the attitudes they recieve from the customer, you ever think about that?
The meats there are the best, I wont buy meats any where else, some of the other prices are in the range of the other larger chains, and for the rest, well the higher cost of gas offsets the prices in my book
You must be the owner!!!
We're not stupid!!!
This post has to be the owner or the rude manager that works there. Off set the price of gas??? Really this tells us you must work there because most people don't work anywhere in town so they can shop were ever on their way home from work. And let's say for the few that do work in this town are so under paid and they have to save their money so its worth to pay 5 bucks in gas (which you save on the lower prices) o go shopping at Walmart or Kroger and do all the other things they may need to do.
Just face it your store will only be that store down the road that you can go to and pick up that gallon of milk or eggs you for got to get in town!!! Lol so true!!!! And because the manager you have up there is rude to everybody and is costing you so much and I will never shop there other then for that one item I may have forgotten as long as she is there
Really

Chapel Hill, TN

#51 Feb 13, 2012
franky wrote:
The produce is always rotten!!!!!!!!!! But the people are very nice all except for the one dark haired woman at customer service....shes got an attitude problem....and thats bad for business!!!
That would be Rhonda!!!

That place is going to get sued one day because of her!!! Have you seen the way she talks to people and the other employees? She must be married to one of the owners or something because who keeps a person like this. The owners must want to loss the towns business and risk losing there store for her...

Can anyone say " New Owners Foodland " ???

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#52 Oct 12, 2012
Rex's Foodland needs improvement that is for sure. I was there on Sat and all the lunchmeat I was looking at was expired and there were about 3 bags of potatoes that had rotten potatoes in them. That is ridiculous! I am ready for new management or a new store to come in.
mrjnejc

College Grove, TN

#53 Dec 13, 2012
ffuck Rex's Foodland.
unknown

United States

#54 Feb 24, 2013
I always liked Rex but his son Chris was a complete douchebag. I stopped shopping there because of him many years ago.
Laura

Troy, NC

#55 Mar 5, 2013
I like the store, my only complaint is buying fruit there, I've gotten home on several occasions to find the fruit molded or damaged.( packaged items like strawberries or grapes) other than that...love it!

Since: Mar 13

Simpsonville, KY

#56 Mar 28, 2013
ive never had a problem at rex's

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chapel Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best Neighborhood to Live in Spring Hill, TN? (Mar '08) Tue Ammygray 167
News Endangered Tennessee teen may be in the Decatur... Tue Marc 8
Hankook Tire (Jan '15) Tue Job seeker 15
Mandatory jail time for reduced DUI! Please help! Tue Questions 3
Cheryl Shipman Mon Inquiry 1
Mongals MC Mar 27 Fake People Every... 11
Where is Rinehart? Mar 27 Jamie Rowe 3

Chapel Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance