First Prev
of 2
Next Last
boredom

Bell Buckle, TN

#21 Aug 12, 2009
I think its funny how people cant think of anything else to do than judge, judge, judge. Gays, mexicans, whatever there all trying to make a living just like everyone else. Who cares!!
hetero

Nolensville, TN

#22 Aug 26, 2009
homosexuals are gross and disgusting but so are some other types of people. being a homo is not a race. it is a lifestyle choice. being an illegal immigrant is no comparison.
truth

Rockvale, TN

#23 Sep 4, 2009
I think being Michelle McCullough would be worse than either,since she thinks every man who won't sex her is homosexual when she just can't realize she is just a funky nasty old bar ho bi+ch.

Since: Aug 09

Lexington, KY

#24 Sep 9, 2009
Lestat1529 wrote:
To defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate. I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:
When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev.1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness - Lev.15:19- 24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?
I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?
A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?
Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?
Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them?- Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws?(Lev. 20:14)
I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.
Your devoted fan,
Jim
(Romans 1:26-27) Therefore God, in keeping with the desires .... 26 That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; 27 and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full recompense, which was due for their error.
(Romans 10:4) For Christ is the end of the Law, so that everyone exercising faith may have righteousness.
We are no longer under the law convenat.
As for Romans 1:24-27 It speaks for itself!

Since: Aug 09

Lexington, KY

#25 Sep 9, 2009
went there wrote:
<quoted text>
How is saying being homosexual is a sin being a narrow minded christian bigot.....It sonly speaking the truth read the bible moron.
(Romans 1:24-27) Therefore God, in keeping with the desires of their hearts, gave them up to uncleanness, that their bodies might be dishonored among them, 25 even those who exchanged the truth of God for the lie and venerated and rendered sacred service to the creation rather than the One who created, who is blessed forever. Amen. 26 That is why God gave them up to disgraceful sexual appetites, for both their females changed the natural use of themselves into one contrary to nature; 27 and likewise even the males left the natural use of the female and became violently inflamed in their lust toward one another, males with males, working what is obscene and receiving in themselves the full recompense, which was due for their error.

It speaks for its self!
Reality check

Lexington, KY

#27 Sep 16, 2009
Go get them Tammy!!!
Justin Case

Lexington, KY

#28 Sep 21, 2009
boredom wrote:
I think its funny how people cant think of anything else to do than judge, judge, judge. Gays, mexicans, whatever there all trying to make a living just like everyone else. Who cares!!
Gays, Lesbians, Bisexuals, Hetersexuals, are tax paying indiviuals. As for the illegals they suck jobs and do not pay taxes.
So now who is worst?
My Thought

Philadelphia, PA

#29 Oct 7, 2009
What if you are a gay illegal immigrant???

I guess you are really screwed.

I won't take a political stance, but I really am tired of hearing about kids getting run over by drunk, illegal immigrants.

And on the gay topic, if a gay man makes me uncomfortable I will tell them and they will back off. I leave it alone because WE as HUMAN BEINGS, not God, cannot judge them. If God wants to judge them and send them to hell, that's his business.

All I'm saying is look at the thing's in your life before you judge someone else's. Did you tell your child they did great at their softball game, even though they struck out everytime? Did you tell your spouse they looked great in an outfit you thought was hideous? Did you pass a really nice house and say, "I really would like to have that."(Envy)

We all need to watch what we do, because NONE OF US know how God will judge us when the time comes. Worry about your OWN salvation, and leave everyone else to worry about theirs.

Don't throw out Bible verses like you are some kind of theogical authority. The only opinion that will matter in the end is God's.
My Thought

Philadelphia, PA

#30 Oct 7, 2009
Also, pre-marital sex is a sin. Does that mean that 99% of people in Chapel Hill are going to hell?

Also, if your child came to you and said they were gay, or that they had sex prior to marriage, then I guess you will tell them they are sinners and that they are going to hell. Right? That's what you are telling these people that you don't know.
who knows

Chapel Hill, TN

#31 Oct 7, 2009
My Thought wrote:
Also, pre-marital sex is a sin. Does that mean that 99% of people in Chapel Hill are going to hell?
Also, if your child came to you and said they were gay, or that they had sex prior to marriage, then I guess you will tell them they are sinners and that they are going to hell. Right? That's what you are telling these people that you don't know.
were all sinners but only by accepting jesus are we saved from hell.. And i have had sex before marriage but am forgiven by jesus.. We all make mistakes but thats what god expects. were not perfect. but we can help certain things.. Gay life is a choice and so is premarital sex and yes both are going to hell if they do not repent and stop doing what they are doing....
My Thought

Philadelphia, PA

#32 Oct 8, 2009
Who Knows:

I appreciate you not blasting me and just telling me your opinion. It's hard to find that on these forums.

But I have to ask your opinion on this. Do you believe that if a gay person asks Jesus for forgiveness, he or she will be welcomed to heaven?
who knows

Chapel Hill, TN

#33 Oct 8, 2009
My Thought wrote:
Who Knows:
I appreciate you not blasting me and just telling me your opinion. It's hard to find that on these forums.
But I have to ask your opinion on this. Do you believe that if a gay person asks Jesus for forgiveness, he or she will be welcomed to heaven?
Well i beleive that they will have to try and change and live for jesus such as the people who have premarital sex... You cant just ask for forgiveness and keep doing the things your doing you have to repent and turn for your sins.. if you cant then ask jesus to help...
who knows

Chapel Hill, TN

#34 Oct 8, 2009
but im not god so i dont know....
My Thought

Philadelphia, PA

#35 Oct 9, 2009
I understand. Once you get married you are no longer comitting the sin. I see where you are coming from. (This is not a smart mouth response)
who knows

Chapel Hill, TN

#36 Oct 9, 2009
My Thought wrote:
I understand. Once you get married you are no longer comitting the sin. I see where you are coming from.(This is not a smart mouth response)
well not really that but you can't be a christian and expect to get to heaven when your out having premarital sex all the time.. you cant be both ways ..go to church one day then the other another.. you got to stop the premarital sex altogether....no matter if you have a girlfriend or not...god does not want us to live in sin...
Anonymous

Chapel Hill, TN

#37 Nov 28, 2010
The fact that you felt this question was important in any single part of your life makes me sad for you.
Don't you have something more important to worry about? Really? People are people no matter what their sexuality or race or even religion for that matter. GET A LIFE!!
fresh

Chapel Hill, TN

#38 Jul 28, 2013
Your spelling

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chapel Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homeless near post (Mar '14) 2 hr realparent 4
Does anyone know pierre choquette (Jan '11) 5 hr candace 4
sickbof thieves Fri mossy seaman 2
Fletcher Long Crook (Nov '13) Thu hwheath08 14
The Lawn Boy, or The Yard Man Thu Sandrell 1
Debate: Marijuana - Clarksville, TN (Aug '10) Jan 22 Fernando 103
Lee Adkins Jan 21 Know from experience 1
Chapel Hill Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web