Adopt a family for Christmas

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#31 Dec 4, 2010
hello, i am a single, disabled mom,i live in Massachusetts, i have 2 children, my son is 13, and my daughter is 14, i have tried local places for help, but i was told my kids are over the age limit to receive christmas help, if someone could please be their christmas angel, i would be so grateful, god bless you all
Christmas Help For 2 Kids

United States

#32 Dec 6, 2010
Hello I'm a single mom with 2 kids ( 15 yr. old daughter & 11 yr. old son). My car's engine recently died on 11/23/2010 and I haven't been back to work since. I don't have the money to buy another car and my car was so old that getting an engine would cost more that the value of the car, which I still couldn't afford. I unfortunately live on the outskirts of Raleigh where there is no bus transportation to get to my job which is in Cary. I don't have any family out here and no one that I work lives around me so that I could ride with them. I have 2 kids and a house and Christmas is coming up and I don't want us to be on the streets and for the kids not to have a Christmas. If there is anyone out there that could adopt our family for Christmas it would be blessing. You can contact me at [email protected] Thanks for taking the time to read my post and God Bless.
busy woman

Providence, RI

#33 Dec 9, 2010
Hi I am a mother of 2 who has just acquired 3 more children when we won the 2yr battle over my fiances kids.(mom was a major alcoholic and these kids have suffered in her care) We now have 5 kids in the house and my fiance is laid off. Christmas is going to be almost non-existent this year. If anyone can help with toys or clothes I would appreciate it soooo much. Please contact me at [email protected] thank you in advance and god bless.
Threefates76

New Philadelphia, OH

#34 Dec 14, 2010
Hi. I am asking for help this christmas season. My fiancee walked out on us a couple weeks ago and left me holding all the bills with christmas around the corner. I am a harding working mother of two wonderful children, who do not deserve not to have a christmas this year. I am a full time college student trying to make my own way. If you are able to help out my email address is [email protected] Thanks and God Bless.
Advice

United States

#35 Dec 15, 2010
You think you "SINGLE" moms will ever learn to quit spreading your legs every time Tom Dick or Harry walks up to you? Shame on each and every one of you for the poverty and distress you have brought on your children. You are very common people.
monique

Pottstown, PA

#37 Dec 15, 2010
i'm also in need of help for christmas i have 3 children an 18 yr old son, a 15 yr old son and a 6yr old daughter. we cant even afford a tree my husband their dad died on christmas day a few yrs ago. and soc security gives me the minimum because he didnt have a long work history. any way if any one can help i live in spring city pa 19475 here is my email address [email protected] thank you
unjudgmental

Raleigh, NC

#38 Dec 16, 2010
That is so uncalled for. There are some "single" moms out there who work their butt off to support their kids. You are just one of those ignorant self centered people who know of nothing else but to make fun of people or judge people. God will do that. There are moms out their who were married and either their husbands left or died. In my case my husband died and was in the military. So what do you have to say about that? Nothing because it was not something I did. Yes there are women out there who do purposely get pregnant or have a need to sleep around, but we are not to judge them. So those who judge need to be judged. You act like you are this perfect person who has never done anything wrong. Whether female or male, I bet you are one of those who has done all of the above or worse and feel guilty for what you have done and need to make smart unnecessary comment, but I am not to judge. GOD will judge you. May God bless you and judge you the way you judge others. No one is perfect and apparently you think you are.
Advice wrote:
You think you "SINGLE" moms will ever learn to quit spreading your legs every time Tom Dick or Harry walks up to you? Shame on each and every one of you for the poverty and distress you have brought on your children. You are very common people.
unjudgmental

Raleigh, NC

#39 Dec 16, 2010
One more thing. My kids are not in poverty. They are perfectly fine and have all they need. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!!!!!!!yOU ARE AN IDOIT!!!!!!!
Advice wrote:
You think you "SINGLE" moms will ever learn to quit spreading your legs every time Tom Dick or Harry walks up to you? Shame on each and every one of you for the poverty and distress you have brought on your children. You are very common people.
vicki

Reno, NV

#42 Dec 17, 2010
i have no income and my home is falling apart my kids will happy with any thing they get can somone please help us,i have two children boy and girl we live in a two br and spend alot of time at home no car or money to do any thing im verry thankfull for what i have and for what help i can get too please help i would love to see my kids happy for once..thank you and merry christmas
Scarlet

Denver, CO

#43 Dec 18, 2010
Oh, just a gold chain, and a bike, and Xbox games, and visa cards! If your kids have an Xbox, you can't to be bad off. Your kids sound like spoiled brats! You have a lot of nerve asking for "help" purchasing expensive gifts like that. If you were really poor, you would ask for food, and you children wouldn't care about the gifts
unjudgmental

Raleigh, NC

#44 Dec 19, 2010
I understand that, but kids are kids. They do not understand all of that concept. Some parents choose not to let their kids know that they are poor or not so well off. Kids are kids, they want what they want. Some parents are just able to afford food for their family and that is it. I dislike people like you. You must be one of those rich brats who always gets what you want. Well sorry, its not up to you to judge.If there is someone out there willing to help, let them. Stay out of their business. This site is for ADOPT A FAMILY, not be a judge. SHAME ON YOU!!!! Take that crap somewhere else. BTW.. there are ways to find out if they are who they are.. MIND UR OWN BUSINESS.. God bless all of these families and may your wishes come true for your children. AND YOU God bless you and may you be judged as you judge others.:)
Scarlet wrote:
Oh, just a gold chain, and a bike, and Xbox games, and visa cards! If your kids have an Xbox, you can't to be bad off. Your kids sound like spoiled brats! You have a lot of nerve asking for "help" purchasing expensive gifts like that. If you were really poor, you would ask for food, and you children wouldn't care about the gifts
help for christmas

Monroe, NY

#45 Dec 19, 2010
Scarlet wrote:
Oh, just a gold chain, and a bike, and Xbox games, and visa cards! If your kids have an Xbox, you can't to be bad off. Your kids sound like spoiled brats! You have a lot of nerve asking for "help" purchasing expensive gifts like that. If you were really poor, you would ask for food, and you children wouldn't care about the gifts
ok first of all my friends tell me that I don't owe you a explantion about my situation but I'm going to anyways. Yes I am a single mom I have 4 kids, 3 that live at home and 1 that has left home already. My kids are hard workers, they make honor roll, stay away from the drug scene, follow my rules and even work outsie the home to help out. My youngest son is a navy sea caet and plans on going into the navy, his grandmother got him a xbox for christmas last year and his bike was stolen from our front yard last summer. My middle daughter worked her but off and bought her own first car its a 97 and she couldn't be happier even though all her friends are getting brand new cars from mom and dad. My kids do volunter work in our community too. Here's alittle background for ya I stopped working in 2000 to take care of my terminally ill grandmother and I thank god everyday I did and that I was with her in the end. Since then I have worked part time here and there off and on, but I couldn't find anything full time steady. Then I became ill in 2006 and had to have cancer surgery which included a partial hysterectomy. It was a long painful recovery. Since I recovered I have been trying to go back to school and find work and I have had no luck with either. I do get food stamps and child support right now thats the only income I have. I do have a wonderful mom, step father and sister who help me greatly. The last 3 years have weighed on them severely though. Thanksgiving 4 years ago my step sister and step brother lost their mother and younger brother in a car accident. My parents went to Iowa to be with my siblings and because my mom was gone for a week she lost her job when she returned. So with only 1 income they have struggled to make the bills and with helping me when I need it they are now faced with losing their house. I don't discuss bills with my kids so no they dont know how bad things are. They know every christmas they get one gift. The things they asked for can be found very cheaply on sale I've been looking every week for them myself. I have to say I was so bothered by what you said about my kids. These are kids that when I told them this year we couldn't help any other local families they called thier friends and got toys and clothes donated. They picked a family and packed the items and ropped them off today to the family. This is a tradition for us and they wanted to make sure it was carried out. I couldn't be more proud of them. So if you think they are spoiled brats then so be it. You have no idea what I go through for my kids and how much they mean to me. All I'm trying to do is buy them each 1 gift and keep my bills current. Which is impossible in december I just got served with a court notice for eviction. I have managed to keep my kids in the same house for 13 years and to lose it now over $500 would be a crime. But its ok I'll do it just like I always do. Well now you know about my kids I hope this clears up the spoiled issue, Thanks . Now I can go focus on my kids, my health and bills. I just recently found out that I have to have a knee replacement because my knee is trashed, and to top it off I have to have cancer surgery again to finish the hysterectomy because they found another tumor, atleast this one isn't 5 pounds like last time. But I'm going to go now, you have a nice day and a wonderful holiday.
glorla

Winterville, NC

#47 Dec 20, 2010
my email is [email protected] same on above. gloria fr got email
Advice

United States

#49 Dec 21, 2010
unjudgmental wrote:
One more thing. My kids are not in poverty. They are perfectly fine and have all they need. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF!!!!!!!yOU ARE AN IDOIT!!!!!!!
<quoted text>
I saw you on the corner with your little "I will work for food" sign. Didn't look like anyone was slowing down to help, but then again with a face like that I can see why. Merry Christmas!!!
unjudgmental

Raleigh, NC

#51 Dec 22, 2010
All I can say is you go girl. You DON'T need to explain anything. You are a great mom and your kids seem sooo wonderful. That JERK that wrote that is a complete idiot who wants to get attention and apparently is just selfish and self centered. I applaud you for what you have done for you and your family. If I could help with you not getting evicted I would, but unfortunately, I can just pray for you and your family. I hope you have a blessed and awesome Christmas. May God bless in you all ways possible. Keep your head up and dont let anyone bring it down.
help for christmas wrote:
<quoted text>
ok first of all my friends tell me that I don't owe you a explantion about my situation but I'm going to anyways. Yes I am a single mom I have 4 kids, 3 that live at home and 1 that has left home already. My kids are hard workers, they make honor roll, stay away from the drug scene, follow my rules and even work outsie the home to help out. My youngest son is a navy sea caet and plans on going into the navy, his grandmother got him a xbox for christmas last year and his bike was stolen from our front yard last summer. My middle daughter worked her but off and bought her own first car its a 97 and she couldn't be happier even though all her friends are getting brand new cars from mom and dad. My kids do volunter work in our community too. Here's alittle background for ya I stopped working in 2000 to take care of my terminally ill grandmother and I thank god everyday I did and that I was with her in the end. Since then I have worked part time here and there off and on, but I couldn't find anything full time steady. Then I became ill in 2006 and had to have cancer surgery which included a partial hysterectomy. It was a long painful recovery. Since I recovered I have been trying to go back to school and find work and I have had no luck with either. I do get food stamps and child support right now thats the only income I have. I do have a wonderful mom, step father and sister who help me greatly. The last 3 years have weighed on them severely though. Thanksgiving 4 years ago my step sister and step brother lost their mother and younger brother in a car accident. My parents went to Iowa to be with my siblings and because my mom was gone for a week she lost her job when she returned. So with only 1 income they have struggled to make the bills and with helping me when I need it they are now faced with losing their house. I don't discuss bills with my kids so no they dont know how bad things are. They know every christmas they get one gift. The things they asked for can be found very cheaply on sale I've been looking every week for them myself. I have to say I was so bothered by what you said about my kids. These are kids that when I told them this year we couldn't help any other local families they called thier friends and got toys and clothes donated. They picked a family and packed the items and ropped them off today to the family. This is a tradition for us and they wanted to make sure it was carried out. I couldn't be more proud of them. So if you think they are spoiled brats then so be it. You have no idea what I go through for my kids and how much they mean to me. All I'm trying to do is buy them each 1 gift and keep my bills current. Which is impossible in december I just got served with a court notice for eviction. I have managed to keep my kids in the same house for 13 years and to lose it now over $500 would be a crime. But its ok I'll do it just like I always do. Well now you know about my kids I hope this clears up the spoiled issue, Thanks . Now I can go focus on my kids, my health and bills. I just recently found out that I have to have a knee replacement because my knee is trashed, and to top it off I have to have cancer surgery again to finish the hysterectomy because they found another tumor, atleast this one isn't 5 pounds like last time. But I'm going to go now, you have a nice day and a wonderful holiday.
unjudgmental

Raleigh, NC

#52 Dec 22, 2010
EXCUSE me... For one I have money. I am doing just fine. SOOOO go SCREW yourself. You need to grow up and start paying attention to the important things, like what other people are going through. My kids have food on their plate, my kids are getting what they want for Christmas.I have blessed many people this Christmas. I have a man and am happily engaged to him. You need to get a life and leave other people alone. Apparently you feel it necessary to put other people down to please yourself. Sorry, Not affecting me one bit. SO get off your high horse and make a difference by being kind and compassionate to other people. Don't worry, God will judge you for who you are. At least I know where I am going when I die. HEAVEN.. Where are you going? I can't wait for that day. So In ending.. an apology to all those you hurt or tried to hurt would make a difference. Apparently you are not a happy person like I am and I pray God has mercy on you.
For those who have heard or been offended by this person, I am sorry. I hope that one day he/she will grow up and be a kind hearted person who will have respect for other people. For real, don't let him put you down. Cuz apparently he/she thinks that I am on the street with a food sign. Yeah, sorry to bust his bubble, but nope. I am GREAT.. I HAVE GOD ON MY SIDE. They don't. Keep your heads up and MAY GOD BLESS EVERYONE OF YOU.. You deserve it!!!!

Merry Christmas and God bless!!!!!
Advice wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw you on the corner with your little "I will work for food" sign. Didn't look like anyone was slowing down to help, but then again with a face like that I can see why. Merry Christmas!!!
unjudgmental

Raleigh, NC

#53 Dec 22, 2010
I think you are abusing this site. This is adopt a family for Christmas not make fun of them because they are jobless due to the economy. Find another site to make fun of people or go to a site that says you can get your enjoyment out of peoples mishaps. SERIOUSLY.. Grow up... I am here to help people not judge them.. Lastly I am asking you nicely one time to go to another site. READ THE FORUM.. "Adopt a family for Christmas" Thanks
Scarlet wrote:
Oh, just a gold chain, and a bike, and Xbox games, and visa cards! If your kids have an Xbox, you can't to be bad off. Your kids sound like spoiled brats! You have a lot of nerve asking for "help" purchasing expensive gifts like that. If you were really poor, you would ask for food, and you children wouldn't care about the gifts
help for christmas

Monroe, NY

#54 Dec 24, 2010
unjudgmental wrote:
All I can say is you go girl. You DON'T need to explain anything. You are a great mom and your kids seem sooo wonderful. That JERK that wrote that is a complete idiot who wants to get attention and apparently is just selfish and self centered. I applaud you for what you have done for you and your family. If I could help with you not getting evicted I would, but unfortunately, I can just pray for you and your family. I hope you have a blessed and awesome Christmas. May God bless in you all ways possible. Keep your head up and dont let anyone bring it down.
<quoted text>
I just wanted to message you and say Thank you and I truely do appreciate all the prayers and well wishes you sent my way. I hope you and your family have a safe and happy holiday.
Christmas Help

Raleigh, NC

#55 Sep 23, 2011
I know that this is early 9/2011 but I am asking for help for my son that is needing help. He has twins which are girls that are almost 3 years old. The mother left them for a whole year and he has been trying so hard to hold things together. She came back about two months ago. Family has been trying to help but it has gotten harder for us to continue.
I thank you for your help I really want them to have a good Christmas.
You can contact me at [email protected]

a nana
lakisha

United States

#56 Sep 23, 2011
Im a single mother of five children...Im recieving welfare in the amount of$491 a month..We are barely living off that.....i cant really buy them clothes or shoes for school. I havent been able to give them a christmas in two years. And when they go to school and hear everyone talking about what they got for christmas makes them sad. They always say we're always broke. It breaks my heart to hear them say that...they ate 16,13,12,11&2. My two year old will just begin to know what christmas is about and i cant make it worth her while..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chapel Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snitches in durham nc. (Dec '11) Sep 14 Hugh 8
News Confederate statue toppled at NC rally as prote... Aug 30 WATCHING LIVONIA 6
News Mob members indicted on federal charges (Nov '08) Aug 26 Madoff Sindrome 38
Beware Mike Luchansky (Aug '10) Aug 25 just saying 75
Dems supposedly hate white hoods but they wear ... Aug 25 The Truth 1
Dems want Russian collusion investigated but no... Aug 25 The Truth 1
Strawbridge Studios (Sep '11) Aug 24 Groot 24

Chapel Hill Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chapel Hill Mortgages