merc300turbo

Raleigh, NC

#505 Jun 7, 2010
OK look honey cary is just a place that all those nasty ass southern wannabee northerners go to. Cary is the shit pile of Raleigh ok. In cary you have those planned community's that ALL WHITE PEOPLE LIVE IN and im not talking about 96% white I'm talking bout 100% bonafied whiteness. This is all fine and good if that is where you want to raise your kids but in Raleigh you have entertainment and parks and a very socially and culturally diverse environment which in my opinion will be better for children in this globally diverse world. Also in Raleigh is the Historic Oakwood district with Beautiful historic homes that would be great for raising a family. There is oakwood park where you can take walks and the greenway isn't to far away and don't even get me started with the variety of awesome restaurants going from louisana cuisine to italian to japanese to indian in a small radius PLEASE DO NOT MOVE YOUR WHITE ASS TO CARY THAT WILL JUST GET EVEN MORE LOCALS TO HATE YOU FROM BEING IN THE NORTH
merc300turbo

Raleigh, NC

#506 Jun 10, 2010
It depends on which price range that you are in...but there are several reasonable neighborhoods near the greenway...Park Village in Cary, Carpenter Village in Morrisville, Highcroft in Cary...Tell me what you are looking for and I can tell you the neighborhoods.

SHUT THE FUK UP TRACY YOU DON'T GIVE A SH!T ABOUT THEM YOU JUST WANT MONEY AND TO BE THEIR REALTOR SO YOU CAN PAY FOR YOUR HALF ASS SH!t BUILT HOME THAT YOUR GOING INTO DEBT FOR JUST MOVE YOU UGLY BLOND B!tch

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCC CCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK YOU

“I'm called a genius”

Since: Sep 09

Wurttemburg Germany

#507 Jul 5, 2010
Human nature teaches, if a person wants someone to try something, you really must work hard to put it down. You are doing a good job Merc, this will make people much more determined to check Cary out.
merc300turbo wrote:
OK look honey cary is just a place that all those nasty ass southern wannabee northerners go to. Cary is the shit pile of Raleigh ok. In cary you have those planned community's that ALL WHITE PEOPLE LIVE IN and im not talking about 96% white I'm talking bout 100% bonafied whiteness. This is all fine and good if that is where you want to raise your kids but in Raleigh you have entertainment and parks and a very socially and culturally diverse environment which in my opinion will be better for children in this globally diverse world. Also in Raleigh is the Historic Oakwood district with Beautiful historic homes that would be great for raising a family. There is oakwood park where you can take walks and the greenway isn't to far away and don't even get me started with the variety of awesome restaurants going from louisana cuisine to italian to japanese to indian in a small radius PLEASE DO NOT MOVE YOUR WHITE ASS TO CARY THAT WILL JUST GET EVEN MORE LOCALS TO HATE YOU FROM BEING IN THE NORTH
katrina

Solihull, UK

#508 Jul 9, 2010
raleigh is not teh safest place to be even tho u may have entertainment. Alot of racist dirty rednecks there in establishments even high government places. you even get teachers who are racist to little children and dont teach foreign kids properly but neglect them. A strong good ole country home boy system works here. Be warned.
Anna1979

New York, NY

#509 Jul 14, 2010
Hi,
I lived in Holly Springs for about 2 years, which neighbors Cary. I too am from the Northeast and can give you my perspective.
Cary is a nice town, to me it felt most like the nice parts of NJ, which I think was why I liked it. With that said, homes in Cary are usually more than other areas for no valid reason. Cary actually has less to offer as far as recreation like good restaurants, good malls, etc. I never understodd why it costs so much more, because you are close to a Target, Chilis, and Kohls? Anyways, the traffic is very bad. I sat through it everyday to get to work. the problem is that there are not many main highways in Cary, so literally everything gets backed up. It is worse than NJ traffic anyday. The vibe in cary is people in their 30's doing their family thing with their kids, but there are some pretension people out there. A lot of soccer moms, mini vans, suvs on the road, a lot of the if i get a new grill, my neighbor will buy a bigger one the next day. That is Cary.
As far as jobs go, I found that there is a lack of professionalism in NC. As a working woman, I often felt disrespected by men dominating RTP. I have many friends with MBAs who have been collecting unemployment for over a year in IT and Finance because they cannot find anything. My husband was in pharma and was laid off 3 times in 3 years. Many companies including the one I worked for are cost cutting and even relocating out of RTP. It is not growing like it was 5 years ago. Please don't think NC is the promise land like I did. Things may sound good on these forums, but no place is perfect.
One other thing, the native NC people don't always take nicely to people from the north east. I was made fun of for how i dressed, spoke, my hobbies, the fact that I ate healthy, and the fact that i liked fashion. If you are in any way different from these people, I wouldn't say that they are necessarily mean, but they don't take to you. My husband had this problem too, and this is why we are happily back in NJ :)
Good Luck
Good luck.

“I'M A DC porker!”

Since: Jan 10

Washington D. C.

#510 Jul 15, 2010
Well heck Anna, nobody knew you were gone. How's it going in New Yallk.
garden

Wake Forest, NC

#511 Jul 26, 2010
We have lived in Cary for 41 years. Wow! We have seen growth and a lot of changes.
Harrison

Raleigh, NC

#512 Jul 27, 2010
JennyR wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, the local Cary real "snake" agent. How you doing these days Tracy? Was that you I saw the other day stocking shelves at Harris Teeter? And what that you husband washing & waxing my car over at Buckey's? I guess he must of learned how to speak spanish so he could talk with his co-workers.
Cary, the traffic just keeps getting worse. But at least there is some hope the School System will get better.
I know your response to "Tracy" is sarcastic, but should you be putting down honest jobs. Not all can be at the top of the heap. Some take those jobs just to survive and some while on the way up. If you are that snobby about honest work, maybe you should wash and wax your own vehicle. You may form a better perspective in life. Your statement shows why people in NC do not like people in Cary. At the least, we show respect to others who have or chose to perform meanial jobs, and in this economy, you and yours may be the next to have to take one of those jobs.
mulecitybabe

Chapel Hill, NC

#513 Jul 29, 2010
Our local name for Cary is "Containment Area for Relocated Yankees". I wish all yall would stay where you're at and quit ruining NC and the rest of the south. You're really not welcome here.
Bi wife

Winterville, NC

#514 Jul 30, 2010
What i find interesting about the Cary area is the amount of attractive OPEN minded and exploring women of many ages. Some married Some not, Some in the closet Some not. The entire greater Raleigh area is interesting with so many open minded women and couples exploring and playing. Should this not be mentioned or talked about, one of the perks and benefits of living in the Cary Raleigh area if your in the lifestyle.
Jenna

Raleigh, NC

#515 Aug 1, 2010
My husband and I just moved to Cary from North Raleigh and before that we were in WV. We like Cary and compared to North Raleigh we love it and I feel very safe. Cary is know as the Centralized Area for Relocated Yankees. I find it's hit or miss on politeness. I think that some people come here with the big city northern attitude and others are very caring and polite.
Hope community church is an amazing non denominational church. www.gethope.net .
Warm Draft

United States

#516 Aug 3, 2010
Bi wife wrote:
What i find interesting about the Cary area is the amount of attractive OPEN minded and exploring women of many ages. Some married Some not, Some in the closet Some not. The entire greater Raleigh area is interesting with so many open minded women and couples exploring and playing. Should this not be mentioned or talked about, one of the perks and benefits of living in the Cary Raleigh area if your in the lifestyle.
I agree <--Wink
LadyLynzie

Raleigh, NC

#517 Aug 6, 2010
Pca wrote:
Can anyone give me suggestions about non denomination churches in cary...also what will be a good choice to start a business and quiet community, not too expensive. Raleigh, cary or apex?
newhopenc.org Very good church. Very cool, fun, and God loving.:)
second childhood

Garner, NC

#518 Aug 22, 2010
CARY (Containment Area for Relocated Yankees). Someone else mentioned "Stepford", absolutely. McMansions abound. The really pleasant people you meet in the stores (really meet them and you will find they aren't from the new Cary. Many McMansions bought by upwardly mobile and are holding their breaths about their jobs, too. You will probably have extreme homeowner associations unless you are VERY careful. You will have so many restrictions that you basically need to apply to rezone if you want to hang a flag or have a different kind of mailbox. Schools - absolutely great schools but good luck with keeping them in the same school unless you just choose to put them in private schools when you get here. Taxes - through the roof. Roads - totally congested during the workweek this area is officially a BIG CITY now. Raleigh, Cary, Apex, Garner etc - one stops the other begins. Good luck you'll love it here. The shopping is good due to the pretentiousness.
Brooklyn Here

Cary, NC

#519 Aug 22, 2010
mulecitybabe wrote:
Our local name for Cary is "Containment Area for Relocated Yankees". I wish all yall would stay where you're at and quit ruining NC and the rest of the south. You're really not welcome here.
Actually, I have renamed Cary the "Civilized Area for Relocated Yankees". Got it? Y'all LOL
relocated northerner

United States

#520 Aug 30, 2010
Jim wrote:
Seems like Cary is the dumping grounds for misplaced Northerns. Beware NC as the moving vans arrive from the North they also bring with them Northern attitudes and Urban sprawl. They have covered the face of the North with strip malls and parking lots and need to reach out for fresh meat.
Aren't you from up north??

“Let's X Change!!”

Since: Feb 09

B4 HOPE Is Gone...

#521 Sep 1, 2010
Chapel Hill is the place to be. It is far better than Raleigh, Cary, or Durham.
JMO
NtvNrthCrlinian

Apex, NC

#522 Aug 18, 2011
As a Raleigh native and lifelong NC resident, let me tell you that Cary has really gone down the drain since RTP was built. Yes the place is overrun by no-life Stepford snobs with no imagination. I work in an auto shop and never have seen so many Camrys and minivans in my life. It really is true that you are what you drive I guess. Everybody always seems to be in a hurry too. What really hit home for me was a few years ago when a guy (or should I say Guido, yes he was Italian) from New York said I talk funny. Of course we had the argument of who is on the territory of who, but still, natives like me and my family are becoming fewer and farther between. I really wish the Yankees would leave their attitudes and methods in New York; you people are probably the reason why this place has become what it has. Too many rules. A former co-worker of mine got a letter in the mail from the town asking him to please not throw his cigarette butts out his car window anymore. The list goes on.
NtvNrthCrlinian

Apex, NC

#523 Aug 18, 2011
Oh and the Town of Cary actually seriously considered changing the name of their Christmas Tree to Community Tree. For once common sense prevailed over whackjob city politicians.
MiMi

AOL

#524 Aug 20, 2011
Everyone should go to WRAL.COM and view the Brad Cooper Murder Trial to get a real view of Cary, North Carolina and the police protection that is right here in Cary, North Carolina.

This was a LLL (life learned lesson) and everyone who lives in North Carolina should be concerned at how this Murder investigation was conducted and handled by the Cary Police Department and the detectives who carried out the investigation, as well as the Wake County Prosecutors who were over this case. This case should be viewed by anyone and everyone in Cary, North Carolina and Wake County.

Seeing and hearing what took place in this trial which was taped live during the Brad Cooper Murder Trial is definitely an eye opener for all to know just what happened during the investigation of Nancy Cooper death and investigation and how the trial was handled by the North Carolina Judicial System and law enforcement who had a part in this.

It is definitely worth the time and effort for all citizens to WATCH.....I am sure that this will
actually SHOCK you as it did many people who tuned in when it was aired this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chapel Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark Duke / Freedom Foundation / House of God (Feb '09) 20 hr Anna Marie 7
AICPA Announces 2014 Leadership Academy Class 22 hr Ace McMillan 1
MC's in North Carolina Mon sonnyg 1
Brad Cooper - Fair and Just Trial? WHO MIGHT B... (May '11) Oct 18 Bend Over 1,307
NC vote by mail shows 20% swing to Dems after f... Oct 18 Swedenforever 7
Review: Steve's Appliance and HVAC (Feb '10) Oct 18 StevesNeighbor 18
Raleigh police: Man tried to bite off girlfrien... Oct 16 Anonymous 22
Chapel Hill Dating
Find my Match

Chapel Hill Jobs

Chapel Hill People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chapel Hill News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chapel Hill

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]