garland fire department situation

Posted in the Chanute Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
tony d

United States

#1 Apr 8, 2013
I was reading in the Trib about the garland fire department situation. Why doesn't Garland join another dept? Also who is this Jared Handley offering to be involved? Is he a firefighter or something? Just curious. I think Garland should see about joining another dept. for more help.
hmm

Overland Park, KS

#2 Apr 8, 2013
Handily should prob just worry about paying his employees
niki

United States

#3 Apr 8, 2013
I heard the handlys had a house get foreclosed on and checks to employees bounced. He probably needs to focus on his own troubles and not a fire department.
neighbor

United States

#4 Apr 8, 2013
I don't know a lot about the situation but seems to me Garland fire has been undergoing a power struggle for awhile now. I wish the commissioners or someone would fix it.
Bourbon County attorney

Fort Scott, KS

#5 Apr 8, 2013
neighbor wrote:
I don't know a lot about the situation but seems to me Garland fire has been undergoing a power struggle for awhile now. I wish the commissioners or someone would fix it.
The Bourbon County Commission has no legal authority to fix it.
neighbor

United States

#6 Apr 9, 2013
Oh I see. See I wasn't aware of that. Well I hope they can figure it out soon
grand theft auto

Chanute, KS

#7 Apr 9, 2013
It's for The Better. Now The Average age on their fire department isn't 67 years old now and their fire gear isnt made of depends
Big time

Wichita, KS

#8 Apr 10, 2013
It's garland. What do they run 5 calls a year??? Wooooo. Sounds like a bunch of people think that since they are on the Volunteer dept they are someone. Negro please. Get real.
grand theft auto

Chanute, KS

#9 Apr 10, 2013
its probably more than you done with your pathetic life big time. but then again you sound like you have the intelligence of a 3 year old with downsyndrome.
ft scott guy

Chanute, KS

#10 Apr 10, 2013
Big time wrote:
It's garland. What do they run 5 calls a year??? Wooooo. Sounds like a bunch of people think that since they are on the Volunteer dept they are someone. Negro please. Get real.
First, I think you're a little off on your numbers. Garland FD probably runs more than 5 calls a month. In the past, they have been the first responders to that bad area of Hwy 69 between County Line and Deer Road (where many of the past serious injury and fatality crashes have been in the past few years).

They are a small department but you can depend on them. If I lived in the Garland area and my house was on fire, was in an accident, or had a medical emergency, I would be glad they were there.

If they cannot get their problems worked out, maybe they could be brought into Bourbon County District 3 Fire. Larger department (they already cover most of the County), better resources to draw from, less politics.
ffgirl

United States

#11 Apr 11, 2013
I'm a firefighter for Dist 3. I'm speaking for myself only, but Garland could join Dist 3 in my opinion and be much better off. They have a good department, small roster but they care and are dedicated. I think dist 3 and Garland would both benefit. And "Big Time" many of us volunteers have years of experience and training and lives and property would be lost without us. Anytime you wanna get up at 2 a.m. and fight fire or take care of someone hurt or dying... please let me know. You're ignorance is showing.
Big time

United States

#12 Apr 11, 2013
I do!!! Paramedic on an ambulance service up north. Won't say where. Used to live here and got away. So try a new one on me.
Its Because____

Fort Scott, KS

#13 Apr 11, 2013
Darrell Bloomfield is a dick plain and simple!
ffgirl

United States

#14 Apr 11, 2013
You would think as a paramedic you might respect your fellows more but apparently not. Hope you never need help on a scene.
ffguy

United States

#15 Apr 11, 2013
Yeah we volunteer to fight what You fear and we volunteer to do your job too You coward yeah don't post your name because You have no balls anyway
Gunner

Wichita, KS

#16 Apr 11, 2013
Its Because____ wrote:
Darrell Bloomfield is a dick plain and simple!
You think Darrell Bloomfield is a dick, you need to look in the mirror because he is one of the most upstanding guys anyone could meet and it goes to show how adult you are, if you have a problem with someone you need to go to that person not some site like a little pussy where you can work it out like adults
karl bloomfield

Fort Scott, KS

#17 Apr 11, 2013
well if u consider my dad a dick for doing his job thir needs to be more people like him vote darrell bloomfield for president
Karls Lover

Fort Scott, KS

#18 Apr 12, 2013
Your so funny Karl...
Garland Resident

Fort Scott, KS

#19 Apr 13, 2013
There is a petition going around now to join district 3 and I hear a lot are signing it, and I agree. It makes sense and will offer all of us around Garland a much higher level of fire protection. If memory serves me correctly Uniontown did this some time ago as well. Right now Garland is basically without proper fire protection and joining district 3 will assure us all a properly run department with a proper fire board as well. I like Mr Bloomfield as a trustee and voted for him but we have had too many problems with the fire department for too long. So a merger will take the pressure off the township and get things where they need to be.
Garland Resident

United States

#20 Apr 16, 2013
Contary to rumors and petitions going around to join Fire Dist.#3.

Garland Rural Fire Dept. Dist.#2 is not without fire protection. The fire dept. is running and has been. And has responded to calls as usual. It also has Automatic aid with Scott township Rural Fire Dept.Dist.#5. And due to personnel issues and changes the Fire Chief was releived of his duties. This in turn is just personnel changes and restructuring. The Garland Rural Fire Dept. Dist #2. is and has been available for our area. And Dist.#3 is not part of the Garland Fire Dist#2.
Its amazing how some people assume without hearing both sides of the story. Please keep an open mind.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chanute Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Parsons, KS (Jul '10) 6 hr JenniferEco 13
Derenda Funk 15 hr shelly 4
fred smith 17 hr justaguy 12
Tony Walker (Jul '14) 18 hr reason why 11
needing a home (Jan '14) 20 hr tink 2
stupid republicans (May '13) Sun Snake peter 760
County Commissioners salaries Jan 23 Curious 5

Chanute News Video

Chanute Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chanute People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Ranking Re-Sign Priorities for Chiefs
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 5:32 AM
Eric Berry "in good spirits" during visit from Chiefs brass
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?