Channahon Resident

Channahon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

I have a neighbor who "secures" their dog to their front porch of their home during the day and evening hours. He barks continually to be let in. My main concern is the kids passing by, including my own, coming home from school. This dog jumps and lunges at these kids or anyone passing by on the street. He growls and snarls at me when I do yard work. Frankly, we are frightened of him. This past Fall, our lab ran over there and this dog tore open his chest and our dog had to get 10 stitches. I tried to approach the resident of this house only to be met with a slammed door. This dog has also chased down an elderly neighbor into his vehicle. I'd like to express my feelings to these people, but I feel they may be unreasonable. I am resigned to call animal control if they continue to allow their dog to "terrorize" me, my kids, ect.. The owners are well-aware of his behavior. I walk my dogs on a leash because I can no longer let them run on their 40ft. lead, since we do not have a fence or backyard. They have a backyard and I do not understand why they allow this dog to do this. I'm thinking this is against code with regards to pets. Any ideas?
Lucas McCain

Attica, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Judged:

.22 cal CB cap. Very quiet but effective. Before a child gets mauled.
someone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2012

Judged:

Call the police and animal.control vedio tape it if you can while walking so you have proof.of this dog
Channahon Resident

Channahon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2012

Lucas McCain wrote:
.22 cal CB cap. Very quiet but effective. Before a child gets mauled.
Although I do not "like" this dog; I would never shoot it primarily because it's the owner who is responsible for this situation and second I do not own or believe in guns, period. Now, if that dog ever comes this way with the intent of harming my child, any other children or myself, I will defend and do whatever, I mean, whatever is necessary to stop him. I am going to wait until he is tied to his porch and when the kids are coming home from school and he's doing this and then I am going to call animal control or the Police. These people live directly across the street from me to make matters worse.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Channahon Discussions

Search the Channahon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min truth 48,993
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr newpoly 1,867
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 2 hr nono 3,842
Children For Lincoln-Way Left Behind? Plug Pull... (Dec '13) 19 hr resident 23
wooded cove joe ward bob blum 20 hr elwoodguy 2
Grand marshal of Summerfest Mon Happy Mom 17
EZ Living's moving to Braidwood Mon Shasta McNasty 17
•••
•••
•••
Channahon Dating

more search filters

less search filters