Illinois Central School Bus Workers J...

Illinois Central School Bus Workers Join Teamsters

There are 9 comments on the STN Online story from Apr 30, 2012, titled Illinois Central School Bus Workers Join Teamsters. In it, STN Online reports that:

School bus drivers and monitors with Illinois Central School Bus in Coal City, Ill., have voted to join Teamsters Local 179 in Joliet, uniting for respect and better working conditions.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at STN Online.

179 pride

Kansas City, MO

#1 May 2, 2012
Good deal ! Fair wages, respect, and safety. Congrats
179 pride

Potosi, MO

#2 May 3, 2012
Wilmington drivers won there election today 31-7 !! Congrats
Joe

Joliet, IL

#3 May 3, 2012
All good news comes with "strings". Perhaps larger routes to offset the need for as many drivers. Wishing the best for our drivers, but unions are not always the answer.
from talk I hear around town it may be the answer, onl time will tell. I'm not saying any of this will happen, just saying don't be suprised at anything.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#4 May 3, 2012
I have been 179 for years welcome aboard!!!
WHO

Manhattan, IL

#5 May 4, 2012
The union is out for the union, not there drivers wait and see.

Since: Nov 11

United States

#6 May 4, 2012
WHO wrote:
The union is out for the union, not there drivers wait and see.
the union is out to destroy your life. It is nothing but bad. Just ask all its members... It has just hurt them so much.... Taken everything from them.
WHO

Manhattan, IL

#7 May 4, 2012
There not all happy with how it works for a few. I have talked to more than a few and it's not just the teamsters. Unions used to be strong but greed and corruption has turned them into a private bank account for a select few .
179 pride

United States

#8 May 4, 2012
Compared to corporate greed, really? If you heard some of the stories these drivers have dealt with you'd have a different stance on that. All they are asking for is a fair wage, respect, and seniority. That's not too much to ask for from any employer.

“reign in blood”

Since: May 09

Joliet, IL

#9 May 4, 2012
They wanna cut wages for the working class while the CEO gets a $10 million bonus.

Where's the outcry from the Occupiers?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Channahon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Isadora's (Mar '16) Mon The Exchange 65
Attempted child abduction? Gray Minivan in Diamond Mon Info 5
News Peotone Town Chatter (Jul '12) Sep 23 Peotone resident 25
The Story of Christie Cales (Nov '07) Sep 20 Laatz 14
Coal City-Lisle Game Sep 19 miners dad 25
Theft in Shadow Lakes Sep 17 DoneToldYa 7
Big Box in Minooka Sep 17 Louie 1

Channahon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance