Channahon mayor pleads not guilty, but may change mind

Sep 7, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WGN-TV Chicago

Channahon Mayor Joseph Cook pleaded not guilty today to failing to file four years of federal income tax returns, but a federal judge set a change of plea hearing for next month.

Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Sep 8, 2011
Me too

Peotone, IL

#1 Sep 7, 2011
There could not be a more open and shut case-- he either filed or he didn't. If he did, they owe an apology. If he didn't, he should go to jail.
Minooka Mike

Chicago, IL

#2 Sep 8, 2011
I dont beleive anything the news says, that mayor has done a great job and I am sure he is being head hunted because of Chicago's b.s. tax that he dealt with Kankakee rather than them, great job Joe COOK, kepp up the good work!!!!!!
Joe

Chicago, IL

#3 Sep 8, 2011
I agree with you Mike on the misleading info the news give as dirty laundry sells, Does't it seem odd that this all surfaces less than 3 days after the City of Chicago sues Channahon becuase they tried to save money, Hell, what township is not trying to save money, their is nothing illegal about what he did, and as far as the taxes go, if he didnt file, he will pay a penalty and be done with it, Is PatricK Fitzgerald targeting him, is their more than meets they, did someone put pressure on Fitgeralds office to investigate, SURE THEY DID, R U STUPID!, Fitgerald will loose this case and I am sure he will let the IRS handle it, The people of Channahon love this guy, hell I live in Minooka and like him, he does a lot for that town and deserves the high speed rail which all started this witch hunt, I am sure they are digging for more as we speak, The news is what is killing our economy, If I was president I would make them talk positive abd have Buffet and Bernaki on the TV everyday saying how good things are economically, This is America, land of improvise, land of individualizim, land of free speech with a minor lashing, Good Luck Joe Cook, YOU ARE ACUALLY GAING MORE SUPPORT KNOWING YOU ARE HUMAN ! JOE S MINOOKA
Me too

Peotone, IL

#4 Sep 8, 2011
The sales tax issue is a convenient excuse to claim a frame-up. The bottom line is he either filed or he didn't. If he didn't, he should be punished severely. I am certain he will plead guilty; what possible defense could there be (other than actual compliance)?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Channahon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coal City Vasity Football 1 hr PeteOphile 14
Grundy County Corruption (Sep '11) 3 hr jsm2243 56
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 hr BoDidHe 49,477
Chrome Rack to re-open under a new name "Twisterz" 14 hr John G 18
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 21 hr newpoly 1,903
Two Illinois Coal Power Plants Going Offline Thu Romeoville resident 9
Area known as The Hill (Feb '07) Thu truthiness 84
•••
•••
•••

Channahon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••