Police Blotter

Sep 22, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Herald News

Ronnie M. Seehafer , 17, of 236 W. First St. in Braidwood, was arrested by Braidwood police and booked into the county jail Friday on a charge of residential burglary.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of216
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Suprise--- not

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2008

Judged:

We all knew it was just a matter of time before that little thief slipped up. Now he is going to the big boy prison, not the kiddie jail. Hope he stays there for a while. What is his green jeep driving dope head buddie going to do without him. One less punk head drug user off the street. Thank god!!
What

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

Judged:

Who is the 'green jeep buddy'?
RC Parent

Monee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

Judged:

I am saddened to see this news basically because it is just one more local kid who has went down the wrong path. I think our community needs to wake up and realize we have a problem here and we need to look for solutions to these problems and help get and keep our kids on the right path.
CONCERNED PARENT

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

Judged:

What wrote:
Who is the 'green jeep buddy'?
The green jeep buddy hangs out on Roundhouse Street with Alex Murphy. The kids call him J D
not right

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

Judged:

Real nice- put kids names like this on the internet!!!!
You know- these kids have little sisters who are not at all like their big brothers and how fair do you think this is to them??????????
What

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

Judged:

Thanks 'parent'. It is good stay stay informed as a parent with a teen. As parents we need to stay informed so again thank you!
for your information

Morris, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

Judged:

not right wrote:
You know- these kids have little sisters who are not at all like their big brothers and how fair do you think this is to them??????????

JD doesn't have any little sisters, he has an older sister who is also on drugs, WITH A BABY!!! And their father does NOTHING to control any of them (there's a younger brother). Yes! I DO know the family I had to keep my niece away from them!
Old School

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

Judged:

not right wrote:
If the newspaper and television media can print the names of young offenders 17 years old and older, what is the big deal with putting names on this site? After all, Illinois recognizes 17+ olds as adults in the eye of the law. And for what it's worth, this is not the first offense for this 17 year old.
Jebb Bush for Prez

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

Judged:

RC Parent wrote:
I am saddened to see this news basically because it is just one more local kid who has went down the wrong path. I think our community needs to wake up and realize we have a problem here and we need to look for solutions to these problems and help get and keep our kids on the right path.
I'm tired of having to feel sorry for perpetrator. They have brains, use them. If you get caught doing something wrong then prepare to suffer for it. Bottom line, that's the law we all have agreed to follow. Some blame might fall on the parents and/or friends the kid hangs with, but the final fault is the person committing the crime. If they don't want to see their names called out for doing something wrong, then don't do something wrong.
know

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2008

Judged:

CONCERNED PARENT wrote:
<quoted text>The green jeep buddy hangs out on Roundhouse Street with Alex Murphy. The kids call him J D
the name is johnny derring he's a little punk that drives that jeep.
foe of the felon

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

hopefully they catch the others! for those who defend them...your probably just as much as a drug addict seeing that these surrounding towns are full of them! for those who understand, hey this is just one more win for the good guys. i grew up around here putting up with all their crap! with him gone that is just one less person in their crew to prevoke something. or maybe for the jokes that defend them..rob your house or car, sell your kids drugs or steal your childs money, or beat someone half to death in a five against one deathmatch! your call buddy, but in my eyes it's just the justice those criminals been wanting after years of psycho acts! LoL
Hahaha

Channahon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2008

Judged:

RC Parent wrote:
Sorry, I don't agree...I'm busy enough trying to instill morals & values to my TODDLERS, it may take a village but what do you do when the parents of the thugs are in denial or worse yet, don't care? I'll stick to raising my kids.
STEGER MOM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

Judged:

I Agree with you, It is hard enough raising your own children with morals and values. Some parents just don't care. I always say; You are the product of your environment and if parents and family don't instill these values in kids how do they know how to act as a lady or gentlemen. They do know right from wrong and hopefully can make the right choice. I tell my son if he gets in trouble he will pay the price because he knows what he did was wrong. If I know certain kids are trouble they are not allowed at my home it is not my job to raise them I have my own kids.
RC Parent

Monee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2008

Judged:

Hahaha wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I don't agree...I'm busy enough trying to instill morals & values to my TODDLERS, it may take a village but what do you do when the parents of the thugs are in denial or worse yet, don't care? I'll stick to raising my kids.
I was not saying that all of the good parents and citizens need to try to raise other people kids. Parents never being there, letting their kids run, do and say whatever they want, letting their kids drink using the "they are teenagers, we/they all do it" excuses. These are the problems I am in reference to. Pretty much in a round about way, I was trying to say parents need to wake up and realize that the kids doing what they want when they want is a problem and it starts when they are young. If you let your kid ride and walk all over town and be gone from morning till night, lord knows what they are doing and as they get older, there is more mischief available for them to get into. Start when the kids are little spend time with them, raise them with values and morals, monitor who their friends are, get involved in activities with your kids, get involved with your kids activities just stay an active part of your kids life in a positive manner. It seems to make a difference.

I will say though that sometimes all it takes is one person to make the difference for a child. If there is a child whose family is never there or always drinking whatever it may be, sometimes all they need is to know that someone cares about them.
Hahaha

Channahon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2008

Judged:

RC Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not saying that all of the good parents and citizens need to try to raise other people kids. Parents never being there, letting their kids run, do and say whatever they want, letting their kids drink using the "they are teenagers, we/they all do it" excuses. These are the problems I am in reference to. Pretty much in a round about way, I was trying to say parents need to wake up and realize that the kids doing what they want when they want is a problem and it starts when they are young. If you let your kid ride and walk all over town and be gone from morning till night, lord knows what they are doing and as they get older, there is more mischief available for them to get into. Start when the kids are little spend time with them, raise them with values and morals, monitor who their friends are, get involved in activities with your kids, get involved with your kids activities just stay an active part of your kids life in a positive manner. It seems to make a difference.
I will say though that sometimes all it takes is one person to make the difference for a child. If there is a child whose family is never there or always drinking whatever it may be, sometimes all they need is to know that someone cares about them.
I see where you are coming from now...

Maybe alot of the parents of the ones being gone morning to night & think it's ok is because as kids, didn't we do that? BUT I cannot stress enough, things were just different then. Being gone from morning to night was just hardcore playing, ya know. We came home for a quick lunch & then dinner but then right back outside. So it's very naive of "today's" parents to just disregard things & think they are doing just the same. Most of them aren't.

I can also tell you first hand of trying to be a supportive "adult" to a kid who you know isn't able to be a kid because of the ways of it's mother, that the mother pulls away from you because she thinks your trying to fix her kid & in her eyes he's not broke. When in reality, you can tell this kid needs more. What do you do then? Can't go call someone, the kid was in school, roof over his head, food in his belly & clean clothes on his back. There isn't much more you can do at that point. Well sorry, I've rambled enough
sorry to say

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2008

Judged:

Most of these kids don't have a chance from the start. As a teacher in fourth grade I can pick out the kids who are going to get in trouble with the law. And I am not talking about the kids who truly are "just being kids" I am talking about the kids who have no guilty conscience and are sneaky and know how to pretend to be good kids. These are the kids I am talking about. I can spot them a mile away. We don't need to worry about these goof balls who make silly mistakes, we need to worry about the boy who pretends to be fantastic but is killing cats in his backyard. Parents just need to realize that all kids make mistakes and do bad things once in a while. It is how they react when confronted that is the real tell all.

I am glad this boy got caught, I have been missing several things out of my garage and I live close to first street. Hmmmm I wonder if I will be missing anything anymore?
B-TOWN BOY

Channahon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 28, 2008

Judged:

man u cant get drugs out of braidwood!!
not right

Aurora, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Judged:

for your information wrote:
<quoted text>
JD doesn't have any little sisters, he has an older sister who is also on drugs, WITH A BABY!!! And their father does NOTHING to control any of them (there's a younger brother). Yes! I DO know the family I had to keep my niece away from them!
Maybe JD doesn't, but Alex DOES. And yes his name was mentioned! And for YOUR information, his little sister is one of the sweetest girls I know. She makes honor roll every report card, is extremely well behaved, and has very good manners. And her father ( single father I might add) is one of the best dads around. He spends alot of time with his daughter and is very involved in her ife. He helps her with her homework every night and always knows where she is at and what she is doing. It's a damn shame that this poor kid has such a hard time in this town just because she is judged by what her older siblings have done in the past.
Typical Braidwood behavior! People should mind their own business and worry about what their own kids are doing instead of judging other people kids unfairly.
steger mom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Judged:

Sometimes it is hard to find a needle in a haysack.
for your information

Morris, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2008

Judged:

Don't recall saying a darn thing against Alex's little sister. If you don't like "Typical Braidwood behavior" why do you read this stuff????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of216
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Channahon Discussions

Search the Channahon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
beware of blacktop company known as "prairie" (Jun '09) 13 min Maureen 10
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 59 min Chicagobunny 47,060
Smile Spa 8 hr happy ending 1
drug test 14 hr you need to know 5
Why is Wilmington so backward? (Oct '07) 19 hr Lettuce be serious 166
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 23 hr jimtownhounddogsniffing 3,777
Minooka Man Stalked & Exposed Self to Teen in M... Fri FYI 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Channahon Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Channahon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••