Comments
41 - 60 of 67 Comments Last updated May 17, 2013

Since: Nov 11

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I know my company is union... And they will pay for you to go to collage. In some cases they give you a job you need a degree for and send you to school. That includes paying you when you are in class if its on a day you are supposed to work.
your nuts

Braidwood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Its funny how a town that hates unions so much has so many non union companies that are owned and operated by former union members that couldnt hack it. So they started their own business do shotty work and the tiwn building inspector will pass their shotty work because he is only qualified to inspect and pass the structure not electrical or plumbing. Which iguess is good for me when i get thw calls to go and fix thwir shotty work. Anothwr thing thw storm drains were put in by non union and the flooding has gotten worse and when you call bwood streets and sanitation they stand there scratch their heads and say oh looks like the drains are not the correct sizes so the water bypasses the drains and floods the yards. Way to go scabs watch for the rat when the new caseys is built.
new to town

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

To the person who started this Ive been in a union for over 20 years.Some unions have problems but without them your 15.00 an hour will be 8.00 ,oh yea thats right as the unions are gettin broken the temp jobs are paying 8.00 so congratulations your getting your wish.
cubbies123

Coal City, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

I have NEVER been in a union in my entire life.The last theeyears I worked I made 40.00 and hour lus benefits.The union guys there made about the same only they had to pay for it.Thre were no paid holidays and they were always complaining about ins. cost.Good and bad in everything....Also some of the most succesful business people here in the U,.S. started out at micky ds.so whats up with that.I know how about everyone gets to do this.Save up all unused sick days,save up all unused vacation days,bank your last three years of bonuses.then when yo retire add it all up and cll it your last salary that your retirment is based on.That way you will receive 120.130,150%of your salary in retirement.That way in tim us taxpayers can have our city,county,state,fed. governments go brke paying you

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Braidwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

new to town wrote:
To the person who started this Ive been in a union for over 20 years.Some unions have problems but without them your 15.00 an hour will be 8.00 ,oh yea thats right as the unions are gettin broken the temp jobs are paying 8.00 so congratulations your getting your wish.
I'm very middle of the road on this one. Unions have had their usefulness. And I guess in some ways they're still beneficial. I can't go with the guy that calls for an end to all unions however I'm not buying into the thinking that says if your not union you can't have a good job. Union people tend to be a little condescending and egotistical. The greed of many union members is what has weakened the unions. Unions should of course protect workers but they shouldn't destroy the companies. If companies can't be profitable they will close. And I love the RAT threat from the earlier post. Nobody cares anymore.
new to town

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Feb 22, 2013
 
Happy dad you make valid points.Unions have gotten out of hand abuisness with no production cannot turn enough product to sustain wages.Ive seen both sides Ive been there,union is just a word to most people they think im here pay me and do nothing.Myself personally I was taught old school when your on a job getting good wages you should approach it as a proffessional.If a company can get the same work done for half the money of course their gonna do it.Unfortunately most companies are jumping on board and now you see the result of low wages.
Local

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Feb 24, 2013
 
Unions rule man
Say what

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Mar 7, 2013
 
Good all around
Dan

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Mar 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Local wrote:
Unions rule man
Stopped in KFC/Taco Bell yesterday for lunch and saw 3 pickup trucks with union stickers on the back bumpers and back windows. I thought they were going to boycott the place because they are non-union. So much for the big rat they put outside, and so much for the union members integrity. Like they had any in the first place.
Local

Wilmington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Mar 21, 2013
 
Need the structure the unions give
right to work state

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Mar 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

KP wrote:
<quoted text>
People seem to forget that before unions, children worked 7 days a week in sweat shops, there were no weekends, no holidays off, no safety standards, & horrendous working conditions. To get rid of unions entirely is throwing the baby out with the wash. When union membership peaked in the U.S., it was followed by a long period of prosperity for ALL. Today, union membership of the US worker is about 5%(compare to 35% in the 1940s) and continues to slide while the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, and the middle class gets decimated. The rich are the richest they have ever been & corporate profits are at an all-time high. Quit buying the mantra that the economy's woes are due to unions, the economic woes are due to bought politicians doing the bidding of the wealthy which results in you and I getting screwed. We need unions more today than ever...if you can't see that you're being brainwashed by the corporate controlled media & politicians. Go to China & work if you want a taste of a future without unions.
People
Unions blow.

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Mar 21, 2013
 
Right wing extremists are crazy mad because all of our working class jobs aren't in China yet.

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Braidwood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Mar 21, 2013
 
WDRussell wrote:
Right wing extremists are crazy mad because all of our working class jobs aren't in China yet.
Give it up. First of all there isn't any "right wing extremists" on this thread so you're calling out, nobody! Second of all the silly opinion that "right wing extremists" have an agenda is merely "left wing extremist" propaganda. If you want to make that sort of. argument go on Naperville topix.

Weirdo.
abe

Shorewood, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Mar 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

China workers aren't unionized...lets work in their conditions
lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
Mar 24, 2013
 
I like that idea. There are like four women for every guy in China. My bags are packed.
Big Rat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65
Mar 24, 2013
 
Illinois should be Right To Work State! Only politics is preventing it.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66
Mar 24, 2013
 
Big Rat wrote:
Illinois should be Right To Work State! Only politics is preventing it.
Right-to-work laws limit workers’ and employers’ freedom of contract. They prevent workers and employers from making mutually beneficial agreements. They don’t belong in a free society.
Topper

Reddick, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67
Apr 14, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, should have read "You cannot imagine how much I disagree with this statement".
The reason: with billions upon billions upon billions of dollars being directed towards the support and protection of illegal immigrants how can anyone claim that hard working Americans are 10 responsbile for the economic collapse of our state?
Because the unions are corrupt !!!!!!
hotchocolate

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68
Apr 14, 2013
 
Soap Box 101 wrote:
Because of unions and the work they have done, Americans now enjoy eight hour days, forty hour weeks, weekends and holidays off. Unions also brought in overtime pay and benefits. Unions set the wages in this country. Without having to compete with union jobs, an employer could pay whatever they wanted to. These all came along because of workers being unionized and the power that gave them with their employers. Because of their ability to set pay and benefits, the pay and benefits went up for all Americans. Unions essentially built the middle class in this country.
Same ol song and dance and its out dated. If ya think your gonna make it of the union ya better think again. Illinois is the next to go and that's when its over. I support any and all who cross that line cause you greed has caused this economic disaster. Keep listening to your lil regime and you can also cry to them when its over. PRO ANTI UNION!!!!
union worker

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69
Apr 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

no union? gee, i wish i didnt need to work for a living! it must be nice to live on the food staps that me fellow union brothers and sisters supply you with.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Channahon Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Channahon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Channahon News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Channahon
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••