Unions must Go
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Real American

Des Plaines, IL

#1 Feb 13, 2013
ALL UNIONS ARE TERRIBLE
THEY ARE THE ROOT OF ALL PROBLEMS IN AMERICA
DOWN WITH ALL UNIONS
Another Real American

United States

#2 Feb 13, 2013
It is only a matter of time. The unions did it to themselves. Just greed. Place your big rat in front of that.
haha

Streamwood, IL

#3 Feb 13, 2013
Another tard heard from !
American Pie

Battle Creek, MI

#4 Feb 13, 2013
Public sector unions are holding the taxpaying citizens hostage. There is a big difference between private sector and public sector unions. Public sector unions are 5% of the population of Illinois and they are causing 100% of the economic collapse.
stupid

Downers Grove, IL

#5 Feb 14, 2013
A legislator gets one term in office and gets a 6 figure pension for life. There is Illinois's pension problem.So term limits don't even help that one. Ask these pols next time they knock on your door what their pension plan is and how much exactly they paid into it.

Unionizing government jobs is unethical and is the second biggest problem for Illinois. The new class warfare should be between those on the gov. payroll and the rest of us.

And the unions blindly endorsed obama. so there you go. Pay your dues.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#6 Feb 14, 2013
stupid wrote:
A legislator gets one term in office and gets a 6 figure pension for life. There is Illinois's pension problem.So term limits don't even help that one. Ask these pols next time they knock on your door what their pension plan is and how much exactly they paid into it.

Unionizing government jobs is unethical and is the second biggest problem for Illinois. The new class warfare should be between those on the gov. payroll and the rest of us.

And the unions blindly endorsed obama. so there you go. Pay your dues.
Not ALL unions supported Obama. Here is the list that did:
AFL-CIO
AFSCME
American Federation of Teachers
American Nurses Association
Communications Workers of America
International Association of Fire Fighters
International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers
National Education Association[168]
SEIU

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#7 Feb 14, 2013
Because of unions and the work they have done, Americans now enjoy eight hour days, forty hour weeks, weekends and holidays off. Unions also brought in overtime pay and benefits. Unions set the wages in this country. Without having to compete with union jobs, an employer could pay whatever they wanted to. These all came along because of workers being unionized and the power that gave them with their employers. Because of their ability to set pay and benefits, the pay and benefits went up for all Americans. Unions essentially built the middle class in this country.
IMO

Braidwood, IL

#8 Feb 14, 2013
Wait, Unions set government policy? I always thought it was because they jumped into bed with govt. officials!
Joker

Manhattan, IL

#9 Feb 14, 2013
america is broke because of dead beats on welfare/LINK for years, not the public unions.
cubbies123

Coal City, IL

#10 Feb 14, 2013
Soapbox. You should do some more homework.All of what you say is not really true.Henry Ford.eVEN WITH BEING A SOCIALIST HIMSELF DID MORE FOR THE WORKING GUY AND HE HATED UNIOins.he kept unions out till the government forced him in 1942.Ever heard of the 5.00 dollar workday? everyone thought ole henry was crazy.There were 10,000 people in line looking the next day.In a time when these companies could not get enough.The big groung swell of unions came in the early 20th centry with the vast majority being agitated my communist,socialist,marxest foringnors.Ford gave his people the 8 hour workday. everyone had to follow.You do not relize the influence of ford motor in the 1915-1930s had on the working guy.When you say benefits what do you mean?Healthcare?healthcare/ins urance? you have no idea about that either.Insurance came out of WW2 When the sociaist roosevelt had WAGE FREEZEs the companies could not give raises so the started giving insurance.Guest what started happening after that.The government started getting more involved with insurance and killed all the communitie hospitals.No use in going on and on read don't just type
wow

Clinton, IL

#11 Feb 14, 2013
Ya know who doesn't have unions? China. And their workers are committing suicide daily.
Union Boss

Schaumburg, IL

#12 Feb 14, 2013
So, there I was was last week walking into the mens room with one of my fellow union members. He was complaining about how much his union dues were and how he wasnt certain if he would be able to pay them. So, I told him that there is a little secret that we keep amoung ourselves that was put into place the help union brothers out in need. I didnt know how to tell him this straight forward without blushing, so I told him a little story that I hoped would help him get the "Hint". I told him that I had found a genie bottle once before and rubbed it. When the genie came out he said " I can only grant you one of two options. A better memory or a biggger dick." My fellow union buddy asked me what my response was. I told him " I dont remember". So needless to say, knowing he liked big dicks and was broke, he no longer has to worry about paying his dues and is now a member our secret club. True story!!
Local 150

Wilmington, IL

#13 Feb 15, 2013
You are all mad cause you don't have what we have and you want it. Great benefits and retirement.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#14 Feb 15, 2013
Local 150 wrote:
You are all mad cause you don't have what we have and you want it. Great benefits and retirement.
Absolutely!
mike

Clinton, IL

#15 Feb 15, 2013
Instead of complaining, why don't you go join a union and make your voice heard in the middle class of America. Stand up and get the pay and benefits you deserve for the work you do. Don't get paid less for a job well done.
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#17 Feb 16, 2013
American Pie wrote:
Public sector unions are 5% of the population of Illinois and they are causing 100% of the economic collapse.
Can you just imagine how much I disagree with this statement?
Appalled

Wilmington, IL

#18 Feb 16, 2013
Appalled wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you just imagine how much I disagree with this statement?
Sorry, should have read "You cannot imagine how much I disagree with this statement".

The reason: with billions upon billions upon billions of dollars being directed towards the support and protection of illegal immigrants how can anyone claim that hard working Americans are 100% responsbile for the economic collapse of our state?
Worker

United States

#19 Feb 16, 2013
A union built home is an over priced home.
Think About It

Wilmington, IL

#20 Feb 16, 2013
Worker wrote:
A union built home is an over priced home.
Real Estate is competitively priced. My home was not union built but I paid the same as if it was. The money just went into the developers pocket instead of the pocket of the people who did the work.
KP

West Chicago, IL

#21 Feb 16, 2013
Soap Box 101 wrote:
Because of unions and the work they have done, Americans now enjoy eight hour days, forty hour weeks, weekends and holidays off. Unions also brought in overtime pay and benefits. Unions set the wages in this country. Without having to compete with union jobs, an employer could pay whatever they wanted to. These all came along because of workers being unionized and the power that gave them with their employers. Because of their ability to set pay and benefits, the pay and benefits went up for all Americans. Unions essentially built the middle class in this country.
People seem to forget that before unions, children worked 7 days a week in sweat shops, there were no weekends, no holidays off, no safety standards, & horrendous working conditions. To get rid of unions entirely is throwing the baby out with the wash. When union membership peaked in the U.S., it was followed by a long period of prosperity for ALL. Today, union membership of the US worker is about 5%(compare to 35% in the 1940s) and continues to slide while the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, and the middle class gets decimated. The rich are the richest they have ever been & corporate profits are at an all-time high. Quit buying the mantra that the economy's woes are due to unions, the economic woes are due to bought politicians doing the bidding of the wealthy which results in you and I getting screwed. We need unions more today than ever...if you can't see that you're being brainwashed by the corporate controlled media & politicians. Go to China & work if you want a taste of a future without unions.

People

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Channahon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lady Coaler Volleyball 16 hr red devil 7
New construction in Diamond Aug 27 jackwagon 7
Coal City Area Club (Nov '11) Aug 26 Take it to the board 79
News Day-care worker found guilty of abusing baby (Jun '11) Aug 24 just a thought 59
Dynamic Fitness = Shady (May '11) Aug 24 gymgoer 36
CC Warrior Baseball Aug 24 red devil 1
News Peotone Town Chatter (Jul '12) Aug 22 poedunkville 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Channahon Mortgages