Channahon mayor faces income tax charges

Channahon mayor faces income tax charges

There are 13 comments on the The Herald-News story from Aug 30, 2011, titled Channahon mayor faces income tax charges. In it, The Herald-News reports that:

Channahon Mayor Joe Cook has been charged with failing to file income taxes on about $250,000 in income, including money he received as mayor.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Herald-News.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#1 Aug 30, 2011
Since no party affiliation is mentioned, are we to assume he's a Democrat?
Me too

Beecher, IL

#2 Aug 30, 2011
No, mope. In fact, he is a tea party wing nut republican. Next time, don't make idiotic generalizations.
This Just In

Bolingbrook, IL

#3 Aug 30, 2011
Nope Mope... Joe is not a tea party guy or a dumb dem he is a good ole moderate conservative. I bet the tax thing turns out to be nothing Just the City of Chicago pulling strings to get channahon tax money redirected to cook county and the city. Joe is being strong armed

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#4 Aug 30, 2011
Me too wrote:
No, mope. In fact, he is a tea party wing nut republican. Next time, don't make idiotic generalizations.
Anyone that has been on Topix more than a month is aware when party affiliation isn't mentioned, it usually points to democrats.
Show me the proof.
I spent nearly an hour trying to track down his political affiliation with no success.
Even his facebook page mentions no party affiliation, a commonly known democrat tactic.
Me too

Beecher, IL

#5 Aug 30, 2011
I know him personally. He is very republican. In fact, he is a republican precinct captain.. If you were smart, you would be able to pull his voting record. Clearly, you aren't too smart because you continue with your ridiculous generalizations.

This just in: Chicago has zero influence over the DOJ. It's simple-- he filed or didn't. Anyone who doesn't file gets busted. Period. Calling it politics is a convenient but unpersuasive excuse.
One timer

Minooka, IL

#6 Aug 31, 2011
Just goes to show you WHY anyone with the slightest bit of skeleton in their closet shoud never be in politics. Sadly, that fact alone would prevent so many good intentioned, reasonable and well thinking participants in governmental leadership. Alas, if you like to smoke dope...you best keep to talking politics with your buds in the backyard and leave the real game to the nutballs willing to be put down like broken horse at the Kentucky Derby.
Joliet Jake

Fishers, IN

#7 Aug 31, 2011
Far be it form the prosecutors at any level to play politics DOJ, SAs, AGs offices? Are you kidding they do it all the time.
Me too

Beecher, IL

#8 Aug 31, 2011
Jake, you have a great reputation for talking out your @$$. It's black and white, and the easiest case in the world to prove. He either filed them, or he didn't.
Left of Center

Bloomington, IN

#9 Aug 31, 2011
Is Cook a Republican? You batcha!

His Facebook "likes" include:
Homer Lockport Tea Party, Ted Nugent, and the NRA.

He also expressed interest in filling Dahl's senate seat as a Rep. in an article from the MDH (see link)

http://www.morrisdailyherald.com/articles/201...

It stands to reason that he didn't pay his taxes. Republicans hate taxes so much, they'll do anything they can to avoid paying them.
Libertarian

Plainfield, IL

#10 Aug 31, 2011
'Me Too' and 'Left of Center', your typical liberal ballwashers forgot to realize is that this all came down after the Chicago Democorrupt Machine got wind of the 'front offices' leaving Chicago to avoid paying Chicago sales tax.

Keep drinking the kool-aid morons.
Me too

Beecher, IL

#11 Aug 31, 2011
Sorry, Lib. I am a republican-- and DoJ doesn't move very fast. This has been in the works for a while. You are in denial. This isn't about politics- it's about a guy who broke the law. I only pointed out that he is a republican becase someone else called him a dem and, well, he IS a republican (which is irrelevant).
Libertarian

Plainfield, IL

#12 Aug 31, 2011
Me too wrote:
Sorry, Lib. I am a republican-- and DoJ doesn't move very fast. This has been in the works for a while. You are in denial. This isn't about politics- it's about a guy who broke the law. I only pointed out that he is a republican becase someone else called him a dem and, well, he IS a republican (which is irrelevant).
Guess you missed the memo, Chicago is also suing Kankakee and Channanon and more towns to follow because the money is being 'stolen' from Chicago and the RTA or so they claim.

Read up, it is CLEARLY political.
Me too

Beecher, IL

#13 Sep 1, 2011
I think you drank the kool aid yourself, Lib. If cook is exonerated, you will have been correct. But not filing returns presents an open and shut case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Channahon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Chicago Ridge police chief's pay soared ... (Sep '12) Thu Manhatan 257
News 'Sippi' Shell honored as Business Person of the... Dec 5 stunned 2
Diamond Jacks Dec 3 Soap Box 101 6
News Coal City puts home rule on the ballot Nov 30 Hopeful 3
Two Towns, Nothing to Do OR Buy Nov 30 Amazonian Woman 1
News K.C. Hysel (Jul '15) Nov 29 Baliff 11
A greedy township board wants Coal City tax dol... Nov 27 cc strong 11

Channahon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Channahon Mortgages