Wilmington Police
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
county gal

Joliet, IL

#1 Apr 23, 2011
Please explain to me why the Wilmington Police Departmetn does nothing about the drug problem. I can sit and watch the amount of kids going into a business establishment which is located in downtown Wilmingnton and purchase pot. The adult male will come outside and do the exchange and this is happening out in the open. I have mentioned this to a local police officer who was sitting in the squad car and all he said was thank you. I went back to the business and the cop never showed up but the activities continued. The cops were alone informed of a drug house located in Lakewood Shores and they said they are aware of this home but can't do anything because it is not in their jurisdiction. What a line of bull. Someone do something about the drugs. Wilmington is a nice townn and the reputation that this town is getting is not a good one.
Doug

Joliet, IL

#2 Apr 23, 2011
I cannot comment on the police turning a blind eye or not, but I do know that Wilmington has a less than stellar reputation in the area as being a drug haven. As much as I like living here I have a hard time being proud of the reputation the town has. Of course several area communities have the same reputations whether it be drugs or loose lifestyles.

“I'm who I wanna be!”

Since: Dec 10

Minooka, IL

#3 Apr 23, 2011
Not at all a new story. I went to high school in wilmo and it was all the same then. Just avoid those who deal and use. Around those parts, they're all bad news.

I don't know how true it is or not, but I heard when I was in school there that cops would hang out and drink at the kids' parties. Don't know how reliable the sources were, but considering how reliable the police force seems to be, it's always been something I kept in the back of my mind rather than just discrediting.
ken

United States

#4 Apr 25, 2011
Is smarty pants barbie single?

“I'm who I wanna be!”

Minooka, IL

#5 Apr 25, 2011
ken wrote:
Is smarty pants barbie single?
No. I'm engaged.

“I'm who I wanna be!”

Minooka, IL

#6 Apr 25, 2011
Smarty Pants Barbie wrote:
<quoted text>No. I'm engaged.
Although I don't see what that has to do with the topic at hand.
fedup

Homer Glen, IL

#7 May 2, 2011
well maybe if the wilmington cops didnt sit around and sip their coffee at shell all day long theyd be a little more concerned on catching the drug dealers. also theyd be better off takin time to catch the real dealers instead of setting people up to tell on them. after being informed, they still do nothing. they know where the problems coming from they are either to dumb or lazy to work on it.
fedup

Homer Glen, IL

#8 May 2, 2011
ive never had a personal run in with the wpd but i do have close friends who have had plenty of encounters that turned out for the worst. i would just like to see cops do their jobs instead of always taking the easy way out. now where im from we do not have our own police department, while that provides negatives and positives, it only helps when the officers do their jobs to the utmost of their abilities.
Out of towner

Crown Point, IN

#9 May 2, 2011
Sorry to say I will no longer go to wilmington or braidwood. Because of the police I am 40 years old and have no record. I have gone through these towns a couple of times and ever time I have been pulled over for no reason. A wilmington cop told me he pulled me over cause he didn't know my truck. What a joke I am really amazed that the cops haven't totally shut this towns down with the way they act.
Doug

Joliet, IL

#10 May 3, 2011
I've lived in Wilmington for over 20 years and have never had a run in with the police. I've heard a lot of rumors over the years and even know several young gals who were pulled over for no reason in years gone by. However, I have to say I haven't heard that on in several years. I do however wish they would patrol the parking lots in town for violators of two laws. Parking in fire zones and parking in handicap spaces when they are not or the handicap person is not in the car and getting out at the time of the parking. That bugs me more than anything.
Out of towner wrote:
Sorry to say I will no longer go to wilmington or braidwood. Because of the police I am 40 years old and have no record. I have gone through these towns a couple of times and ever time I have been pulled over for no reason. A wilmington cop told me he pulled me over cause he didn't know my truck. What a joke I am really amazed that the cops haven't totally shut this towns down with the way they act.
Fr3ak

Joliet, IL

#11 May 9, 2011
I've heard a lot of this before. This whole town is a rumor mill. I don't believe too much of what I hear. If you have a problem, go to the police chief or the mayor. Quit whining!
country gal

Joliet, IL

#12 May 20, 2011
Been their done that!!! Not all the police in this town will ignore the issues however, when they take it to the proper people ie: sarg or chief nothing gets done. One of the issues is the husband and wife duo. The joke in the station is she is the actual chief not just at home but in the station.
Fr3ak wrote:
I've heard a lot of this before. This whole town is a rumor mill. I don't believe too much of what I hear. If you have a problem, go to the police chief or the mayor. Quit whining!
MR Hicks

New Lenox, IL

#13 May 31, 2011
ok to start off the wilmington police dept. is a joke!!!!!!People talk shit bout me all the time because of what they read it funny as hell!!!!!I love hoe yellowhammers have nothing better to do but hide behind a computer!!!If ya got sum to say bout a person say it to they;re face!!!!No I didnt jump off a bride or make that ohine call beat that case!!!didnt beat my gf up either spent 2 wks in county for it made bail and the charges got dropped cuz the wilmo pop has hard ons for people that have money and cant mess with.....!
MR Hicks

New Lenox, IL

#14 May 31, 2011
Sincerely Jeremy Ryan Hicks
Common Sense

Channahon, IL

#15 Jun 1, 2011
Paranoia I think so! Was this thread about Jeremy Hicks? NO!
Did you jump off the bridge NO,to bad for us! Did you make the call to 911 yes, 911 calls are recorded. There is this silly thing called court records.
Did you beat up your girlfriend? Why were you arrested?
You are a known liar, proof again court records. If charges have been dropped why do you have court June 22, Rm 313 1:30 pm Jury Trial
Domestic Battery/ Physical/ Knowing Damage
Let’s get this straight Jeremy Ryan Hicks you don’t have money your step-father does, your Mother married it. If you had money you would be paying child support to your two baby mama’s and wouldn't be living with Mommy!
what do u know

El Paso, TX

#17 Feb 14, 2012
county gal wrote:
Please explain to me why the Wilmington Police Departmetn does nothing about the drug problem. I can sit and watch the amount of kids going into a business establishment which is located in downtown Wilmingnton and purchase pot. The adult male will come outside and do the exchange and this is happening out in the open. I have mentioned this to a local police officer who was sitting in the squad car and all he said was thank you. I went back to the business and the cop never showed up but the activities continued. The cops were alone informed of a drug house located in Lakewood Shores and they said they are aware of this home but can't do anything because it is not in their jurisdiction. What a line of bull. Someone do something about the drugs. Wilmington is a nice townn and the reputation that this town is getting is not a good one.
drugs are chemically altertad. weed is just a plant. SMOKE SOME
Just Saying

Joliet, IL

#18 May 20, 2012
Common sense has hit the nail on the head you dead beat J. Hicks.

Wilmington cops turn over rate means most if the police are gone or in different rolls. The ones I have had dealings with have always been on the up & up. If your bashing them on here, you probably deserve what you got. Ha Ha.
WHO

Morris, IL

#19 May 20, 2012
Time to take it into your own hands vigilante justice screw the SYSTEM it is all loaded against the common folk thats why they keep letting them out more money to them on repeat offenders .
yup

United States

#20 May 20, 2012
wow. jeremy hicks really seems like a scum bag. i feel bad for his girlfriend and her kid. if her kids father was still alive i know he wouldnt want his son raised around such a piece of crap. what a complete and total shame. his girlfriend needs some counseling or an intervention or something. if you look up jeremy hicks on will county circuit clerks website his rap sheet is a testament to what a scumbag he really is.
joe

Joliet, IL

#21 May 23, 2012
please explain how I can get stopped for a rolling stop and the cops let motorcycles do it all day - even our beloved police chief?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Channahon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Isadora's Fri Raven 42
Snookers Fri Yikes 6
Gas in Coal City Jul 26 Gasser 11
News Stateville gets new lease on life as Pontiac pr... (May '08) Jul 23 sad mommy 50
Theft in Shadow Lakes Jul 22 tula 4
Lakewood Trails Special Assessment (Nov '10) Jul 21 Dont lie 122
What Is The Deal With Dominic Egizio? Jul 19 firstresponders 4

Channahon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Channahon Mortgages