2013 new law should be if your not 18...

2013 new law should be if your not 18no cell phone or web-site .

Posted in the Channahon Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
truth

Joliet, IL

#1 Dec 31, 2012
no face book etc untill your 18.
cmon

Braidwood, IL

#2 Dec 31, 2012
I would rather my kids have cell phones at a reasonable age with limitations in order to get in contact with them at any given moment.
PTS

Bartlett, IL

#3 Dec 31, 2012
Again, why?
truth

Joliet, IL

#4 Jan 1, 2013
why. contract and law 18 legal capacity. old enough to fight for our country. adult 18 specified by law. responsibility for ones owen action. liable not a lieabilty. kids ha. texing driveing etc. you name it there are many reason why i can right down tons of them . kids have to much eazy access to things they should not have at a young age .
Bellissimo

United States

#5 Jan 1, 2013
Putting your foot down helps too. I feel for those kids who seek attention by way of "misled internet pages". I agree, passing a law would help. Great suggestion. Or telling some of these parents to get off their phones and spend some time with the kiddos. Monkey see monkey do ya know.
truth

Joliet, IL

#6 Jan 1, 2013
kids should go out and be kids we didnt have all these things and problems when we were kids . now days look at all the stuff going on . schools guns drugs drinking you name it . they got wat to eazy access to things i think it causes lots of troubles and problems . they want to talk abought gun laws hhmm. save this country and money people cant pay there kids phone bills etc. the fighting going on with there kids abought the phone etc. you name it . it wouldnt even happen if the kids didnt have these things saves time saves money saves headacks i say 18 years old needs to be put in place ut these kids in check .
truth

Joliet, IL

#7 Jan 1, 2013
there texing on there phones where to go to party were to go to fight all kinds of bad things there doing with there phones etc. bringing them to school with them there ringing in class rooms in stores every were its off the cuff .. the school takes them away from the kids then the parents have to go to the school then fight to get there phone back ive seen it first hand at the school theres lots of cell phones in the office tubs full of them .
truth

Joliet, IL

#8 Jan 1, 2013
2013 new law if you have no drivers license then the gas station should not sell you gas .
truth

Joliet, IL

#9 Jan 1, 2013
evn if you have no insurance they should not sell you gas.
PTS

Bartlett, IL

#10 Jan 1, 2013
And truth, don't forget about these kids nowadays with their fancy punctuation and capital letters and spelling rules. Didn't need 'em when we were kids. Now look at 'em. Capital letters = drugs. And fights.
Always right

Roselle, IL

#11 Jan 1, 2013
Do you guys not trust kids or something? At least they can spell better than you. Making websites (i.e. Facebook) is impossible to make it for people over 18. Nobody monitors the internet, unless you want some Communist principle of internet. What are you going to do, make people put a birth date if they want a website? Anybody can put ANY birth date. How do you think 11 year olds have Facebooks. It's obvious that law wouldn't work. What the hell are you thinking with getting rid of cell phones. It's not like kids buy the cell phones, their parents buy them for them most of the time, which means kids aren't buying the cell phones, rendering that law useless. Cell phones help kids be in contact with their parents when they are away. Again, stupid and useless law. And you should be able to get gas whatever age you want and you don't need insurance. What if somebody wants to have a barbecue, they have no propane left, and they need to get propane. Propane is a gas for your information. Now, if that law were in place, and he didn't have a vehicle or insurance, he can't have a barbecue. Now, what if a 14 year old mows lawns for money because he needs it. He has no license, and therefore no insurance, now he can't make money and can't mow lawns. How much dumber can you get?
truth

Joliet, IL

#12 Jan 1, 2013
f.b should put in place if you want to get a f.b acct. you need to give them your full rank s.s number drivers license number etc. just like running a back ground check on guns . then if f.b feels your on the up in up then and then only should you beable to have a f.b acct. as for the no gas law it would save oil it would save the o-zone it would help the world taking away all the wroung doers that should not be on the roads etc. the drunks etc. and so on people need to help save the world less drivers out there the more oil and air haa.. the 14 year old cutting grass well he to needs to be 18 lol. home owenrs inns. dont cover him if he hurts him self on the person land etc. no one said to get rid of cell phones i said kids that are not 18 dont need them .
truth

Joliet, IL

#13 Jan 1, 2013
if you are not 5 feet tall you can not get on his ride ? if your 18 and can fight for this country and die for this country then yes i vote you can have a beer . go on drop the drinking age from 21 to 18 . ill give you this .
Always right

Roselle, IL

#14 Jan 1, 2013
I don't care what the drinking age is because I'm against drinking anyway. And when I said "you want to get rid of cell phones" I really meant for getting rid of them for minors.
Grammar Nazi

Chicago, IL

#15 Jan 1, 2013
I propose if you cannot spell or type in with basic understanding of grammar and punctuation then you forfeit your ability to post ridiculous opinions.
Cellphones for minors are bought by parents for safety reasons. In today's society, there is alot more of a need to keep track of your children at any given moment. Cellphones allow for this. As for your assumption that they are using them for drug deals or other illicit behavior, I trust my kids and raised them correctly with values and common sense. Banning phones for minors due to the misuse by the few kids raised by morons is as bad banning forks because some people get eating disorders.
truth

Joliet, IL

#16 Jan 2, 2013
point heard . if the only reason you feel a need for your kids to have a cell phone is to keep track of them like outhers our saying because in todays society theres a lot more need to keep track of your kids . and everyone says that there parents buy there kids the phones as a family package plan how abought that haa. how abought this such as only a tracking device with only one phone that only has a one way trans-mitter place in it to contact only your kids think abought that because in todays age they have ways to do things there out there just kind of like a two way raido system you might want to get your kids one of them its not a cell phone its more kind of like a c-b . kind of people use them at sports events ? they go for many miles . they even come with chargers
Grammar Nazi

Chicago, IL

#17 Jan 2, 2013
...... This is what i get for replying in the first place. I trust my kids. Raised them properly and having a cellphone is not an issue. Enough said.
Wow

Chicago, IL

#18 Jan 2, 2013
This seems to have gotten a bit off topic. The main point here was that children should not be allowed to have sell phones until they are legally adults at 18. In today's society this kind of opinion is beoynd redicilous. We are from a society that is becoming more and more dependent on things like cell phones, tablets, and laptops for our everyday lives. How would you even be able to begin this thread were it not for socail media? To try and ban these items from persons under 18 would not only crash the cell phone markets, but it would limit the accountability of minors. Cell phones have things like Kid Tracker apps that can help locate run-aways, or lost children. We live in times in which you are expected to have your phone on hand at all times. How would a 16-year-old ever be able to get a job when future employers could never get a hold of him or her? Let's face it, teenagers are never home. Children are allowed to drive at 16, so what happens when Jane Doe is driving home late and hits a deer? Technology is here to stay and it would appear the users are only getting younger.
good parent

United States

#19 Mar 20, 2013
I disagree with the cell phone issue! I just got my 6 yr old a phone a few months ago i have no need to not trust him! Y did i get it ... cus he goes after school , walks across the street to an after school program @ our town church! I wanna talk to my child before he goes in nd does his fun filled program! He does not have unlimited everything, he is in sports nd after school programs nd if he needs me or wants to come home early it is our duty as parents to make any means possible for our child! I understand sum parents r not as fortunate to provide that for their child ! I believe it helps him learn responsibility nd he is just now learning to text nd what better way for him to learn his words while texting! The facebook is out of control for these immature kids i agree! These laws will never be passed but then again they prolly will cus everyday we r having our rights takin away!
Garret

Orlando, FL

#20 Mar 20, 2013
There's advantages and disadvantages about using this technologies but for me i keep track on my kids. I had them install http://highstermobile.com/ to monitor there calls, text and even their location after all i pay the bills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Channahon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Coal City schools settle with custodial supply ... (Nov '14) 4 hr Cc mom 63
News Coal City puts home rule on the ballot 5 hr Coal city TAX Payer 7
New people in town Wed Shlongdaddylongstuff 20
Village Clerk (Oct '13) Tue One sitting back 21
Coach Onsen and Coach Mcdowell Mar 26 DJT 42
Coal City Wrestling Mar 20 Tim b 10
Little orange car Mar 20 Undersized Johnson 2

Channahon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Channahon Mortgages