Settlement to the Kelsey Briggs wrongful death case

Full story: KFOR

It's hard to believe it's been nearly four years since the death of Kelsey Smith-Briggs. Her father says it's hard to believe Kelsey's mother might be rewarded in a settlement.
Comments
261 - 280 of 390 Comments Last updated Sep 2, 2010
mutualacquainten ce

Stilwell, OK

#267 Jan 10, 2010
New and was around Lance, Raye, and Michael. Truth is people get so self righteous and hot headed about this that none truly take the time to realize they don't know what the " their talking about. Raye pretty good at making bad decisions. Criminal? Not really. Michael was spoiled child and closet dirt bag. No doubt. Very respected around town to those who didn't know better. But here is the shocker. Lance is the worst dirt bag of the three. He beat the ever living shit out of raye pretty consistantly. Cocaine and crank and pot smoking drunken abuser. This is the first time I have ever posted on this subject anywhere ever and the last. Kelsey was beautiful. None of the three adults were but raye was more guilty of just being dumb. Sure this post will get slaughtered but not by anyone who knows better. Truth is I know and dislike all three adults with reason.
Thoughts from up above

Wilmington, DE

#268 Jan 10, 2010
Congratulations that you knew all 3! Do you want a cookie now? You cant believe every thing you hear! Im sure you werent around when Lance so called beat Raye...but never the less.....that has nothing to due with Kelsey and who abused and killed her. Everybody has some sort of skelatons in thier closet. Raye was no angel.... Were you there when Kelsey got abused? Where you there when Kelsey was murdered? If not...you do NOT have the right to say Raye wasnt really a criminal. Obviuosly, she is....she was found guilty and is now paying for it.
Yeah

Waurika, OK

#269 Jan 10, 2010
I farted
Thoughts from up above

Wilmington, DE

#270 Jan 10, 2010
seriously? you find the need to post that here???
KelseysVoice

Passaic, NJ

#271 Jan 10, 2010
Thoughts from up above wrote:
seriously? you find the need to post that here???
Don't even bother. We've all tried and failed with that one.
Yeah

Waurika, OK

#272 Jan 10, 2010
I farted again!
KelseysVoice

Passaic, NJ

#273 Jan 10, 2010
Yeah wrote:
I farted again!
It must be after midnight.
Wondering

United States

#274 Jan 11, 2010
The last time I checked, being stupid was not a valid defense to a crime, unless there is mental defect or retardation. Raye doesn't fall in either of those categories. If you talk to 99% of people in prison and jails, they would say they were stupid to have done whatever it was they did to get in there. It doesn't make them any less responsible for their crimes.
KelseysVoice

Passaic, NJ

#275 Jan 11, 2010
Wondering wrote:
The last time I checked, being stupid was not a valid defense to a crime, unless there is mental defect or retardation. Raye doesn't fall in either of those categories. If you talk to 99% of people in prison and jails, they would say they were stupid to have done whatever it was they did to get in there. It doesn't make them any less responsible for their crimes.
Amen.
Dee

Oklahoma City, OK

#276 Jan 11, 2010
commonsense wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not lecturing anyone about "hating Raye".. I hate her as well but I can also see past that and see that it was not Raye that abused or killed Kelsey, it was Porter. I hate Raye for not being as good enough protector. Kelsey needed her to protect her and she fatally failed Kelsey. Raye will have to live with that for the rest of her life and I wouldn't want to be her, that's for sure.
I do not think that Michael Porter killed kelsey I think her mother Raye is the guilty one I think he is the one that got caught up for not doing anything about it...she is a cold blooded murderer if you ask me...she should rot in the bottom of a prison for what she did to that baby...
KelseysVoice

Passaic, NJ

#277 Jan 11, 2010
Dee wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not think that Michael Porter killed kelsey I think her mother Raye is the guilty one I think he is the one that got caught up for not doing anything about it...she is a cold blooded murderer if you ask me...she should rot in the bottom of a prison for what she did to that baby...
She needs to be put in general population, as does Porter. There will be real justice there.
Cheryl

Norman, OK

#278 Jan 11, 2010
Hmm Really wrote:
I have been setting hear reading some of the post on this forum and have come to relize that RayeofHope is an idiot you have nothing to say but hate you should live the rest of your life feeling every pain Kelsey felt through her young life and then through on top of that the pain her father felt when he was informed his small child was beat to death by his ex wifes boyfriend with her there knowing what was going on. The **** should not get a penny the only thing she should get is her **** kicked everyday while she is in jail. Honestly I believe that might be what you also need.
AMEN!! TWICE I SAY, AMEN !!!!
KelseysVoice

Passaic, NJ

#279 Jan 11, 2010
Cheryl wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN!! TWICE I SAY, AMEN !!!!
Testify, sister!

Since: Sep 09

in God we trust

#281 Jan 14, 2010
Thoughts from up above wrote:
Congratulations that you knew all 3! Do you want a cookie now? You cant believe every thing you hear! Im sure you werent around when Lance so called beat Raye...but never the less.....that has nothing to due with Kelsey and who abused and killed her. Everybody has some sort of skelatons in thier closet. Raye was no angel.... Were you there when Kelsey got abused? Where you there when Kelsey was murdered? If not...you do NOT have the right to say Raye wasnt really a criminal. Obviuosly, she is....she was found guilty and is now paying for it.
It's all about money,
Lance would have had a say in the courts the six months that baby was having broken bones, He did not even give his phone number to the courts,
He was an absent father when she was born and was an absent father when she had died,It is not the same when my dad was going to leave my mom when I was ten, that was like having an arm cut off,
KelseysVoice

Passaic, NJ

#282 Jan 16, 2010
YaMeVoy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all about money,
Lance would have had a say in the courts the six months that baby was having broken bones, He did not even give his phone number to the courts,
He was an absent father when she was born and was an absent father when she had died,It is not the same when my dad was going to leave my mom when I was ten, that was like having an arm cut off,
He wasn't there when Kelsey was born because Raye lied to a young man named Jason that he was the father. Apparently there were a lot of men in Raye's life.
Emily

West Mifflin, PA

#283 Jan 16, 2010
KelseysVoice wrote:
<quoted text>He wasn't there when Kelsey was born because Raye lied to a young man named Jason that he was the father. Apparently there were a lot of men in Raye's life.
Again, with the drama. Can't you just try to stick to the facts instead of hearsay.
KelseysVoice

Passaic, NJ

#284 Jan 16, 2010
Emily wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, with the drama. Can't you just try to stick to the facts instead of hearsay.
That was the facts. Did you not hear of the paper that Raye signed at the end of her divorce in July of 2002? She had to state that she wasn't pregnant, and she had just begun her second trimester. That is legal FRAUD.
Wondering

United States

#285 Jan 16, 2010
It is a fact that Raye Dawn Smith was pregnant at the time of her divorce and that she knowingly lied and testified that she was not pregnant.

What is the drama you are talking about? It is now drama to state the truth of the situation?

How about everyone stop the drama of how innocent Raye is? She isn't innocent. She isn't wrongly convicted. She may have been overly harshly sentenced for the crime she was convicted of, but again she received a fair trial by her peers and was found guilty and sentenced by them.

She knowingly got into the car and went home with the only person that could have murdered her daughter if she didn't do it. She KNOWINGLY went home with Michael Porter AFTER the OSBI had told her Kelsey had been beaten to death, and potentially sexually assaulted. SHE KNOWINGLY DID THIS.. and continued with the restraining order against Kelsey's father and grandmother, but yet DIDN'T get one that minute against Michael Porter.

Explain the logic of that to me. Please.

I want to feel sorry for Raye Dawn. I do. But as the records and evidence point out, there is not one iota of any of her actions that make sense.

How the heck do you get into the car with the only person you KNOW has to have been the one that just killed your child?
emily

West Mifflin, PA

#286 Jan 17, 2010
Wondering wrote:
It is a fact that Raye Dawn Smith was pregnant at the time of her divorce and that she knowingly lied and testified that she was not pregnant.
What is the drama you are talking about? It is now drama to state the truth of the situation?
How about everyone stop the drama of how innocent Raye is? She isn't innocent. She isn't wrongly convicted. She may have been overly harshly sentenced for the crime she was convicted of, but again she received a fair trial by her peers and was found guilty and sentenced by them.
She knowingly got into the car and went home with the only person that could have murdered her daughter if she didn't do it. She KNOWINGLY went home with Michael Porter AFTER the OSBI had told her Kelsey had been beaten to death, and potentially sexually assaulted. SHE KNOWINGLY DID THIS.. and continued with the restraining order against Kelsey's father and grandmother, but yet DIDN'T get one that minute against Michael Porter.
Explain the logic of that to me. Please.
I want to feel sorry for Raye Dawn. I do. But as the records and evidence point out, there is not one iota of any of her actions that make sense.
How the heck do you get into the car with the only person you KNOW has to have been the one that just killed your child?
Were you there the day they left the OSBI investigation? Do you know what took place between Mike, Raye and Gayla? Who reported the events of that day, Mike Porter?
KelseysVoice

Passaic, NJ

#287 Jan 17, 2010
emily wrote:
<quoted text>
Were you there the day they left the OSBI investigation? Do you know what took place between Mike, Raye and Gayla? Who reported the events of that day, Mike Porter?
No, he didn't have to. She went home with him, rode to the funeral with him, and sat next to him in the church. Ask around, Emily.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chandler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OK Who do you support for Governor in Oklahoma in ... (Oct '10) 8 min Myrtle 2,627
OK OK Health Care Freedom Amendment, State Questio... (Oct '10) 58 min WarForOil 75,141
Oklahoma Gets Hit With 20 Earthquakes In One Day Aug 20 Iceland volcano m... 2
Less shake from artificial quakes, fed study says Aug 18 rest not much better 1
FAKE n DA D~GAME Aug 18 PSIDD FAKER HATER 1
august 7th Aug 16 tinika 1
OK The "English is the Official Language of Oklaho... (Oct '10) Aug 15 Sam 11,285
•••
•••
•••

Chandler Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chandler People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chandler News, Events & Info