5 high school students arrested after...

5 high school students arrested after undercover police operation

There are 41 comments on the KMSB-TV Tucson story from Mar 8, 2007, titled 5 high school students arrested after undercover police operation. In it, KMSB-TV Tucson reports that:

Five students from Basha and Chandler high schools have been arrested after undercover police bought drugs off-campus from the students.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KMSB-TV Tucson.

Florida grl

Fort Myers, FL

#26 Jun 4, 2008
I think undercover cops are a great idea. I want them to patrol all the schools. Fi you are selling druga to make it then go get help . You need to move out of your parents house and go into a foster house, because your parents are pretty crappy if they are teaching you or letting you sell drugs. If your too lazy to get a job then you deserve to go to jail. Why should those that work hard, pay for the things you need? Thats why you have "PARENTS". Bust all those that sell drugs and use drugs. THey should all sit in jail until they can stay clean. Or when they get out of jail send them to anther state to live and have a half way house ready for them to move into.
Lost

Brandon, FL

#27 Sep 10, 2009
End the War wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea..make our schools prisons and lets undermine the trust and authority kids have on teachers and the law. brilliant.
January 4, 2008
The Netherlands is being nominated for a Nobel Prize for its achievements in minimizing drug use in its citizens, while at the same time restricting imprisonment.
With few peers at the international level and despite tremendous pressure from the United States, the Dutch government and its people have proven for more than 30 years that it is more cost effective, humane, and practical to be "smart on drugs" rather than "tough on drugs."
"The drug war, not the drugs, kills people.
"This is now a real war. Although it started out as political rhetoric, itís become a genuinely deadly conflict...It has caused hundreds of thousands of unnecessary deaths and untold misery, especially to our children, teens, women, and minorities. And like all wars, itís been hugely expensive and wasteful; to date, it has cost more than a trillion dollars. And this is just in the United States; the international devastation is incomprehensible. Furthermore, like many wars, itís based on lies.
"The few deaths that are caused by the drugs are due to impurities, dosages that are not standardized, and reluctance to call 911 when someone overdoses out of fear of being arrested. Replacing prohibition with sensible health-oriented alternatives, including legalizing currently illicit drugs, can eliminate these drug-related deaths.
"The Dutch should be recognized for their remarkable human rights achievement of regulating and decriminalizing drugs and equally important, offering comprehensive treatment to its affected citizens. The number of lives they have saved, as well as assaults, robberies, rapes, child abuse, and other prohibition-related criminal activities that theyíve prevented, is a major humanitarian and public health accomplishment. Their success in minimizing the catastrophic effects of the War on Drugs cannot be overstated. For example, the U.S. has six times as many people in prisons as the Netherlands per capita, and still we have four times their murder rate. Compared to ours, the Dutch prison population is negligible and they actually provide education and rehabilitation for their inmates. Furthermore, their incidence of AIDS and hepatitis is a fraction of ours.

The best comment on here.
Student

Canada

#28 May 16, 2010
I am a student that is going to be a police officer...and i will never ever try drugs or anything. You need money then either get a job or something, dont be some low life retards.
PEACEFUL WARRIOR

Mississauga, Canada

#29 May 27, 2010
concerned teacher wrote:
Are you kidding...weed won't kill? Go back to shool and YOU learn the FACTS. It may not kill instantly, but over time OR if you smoke weed and drive-it's called under the influence therefore it can be very deadly. It is illegal for a reason. Instead of spouting off your mouth or killing brain cells, get out a book and DO something with your life! As for undercops or any cop, I praise them for their acts of courage and selflessness. Send them all in to schools!!
Just want to bring that statement you made to everyone attention. I am 28 years old with a job that makes well over 100k which is about 3 times if not more than you make and FYI I smoke everyday as well as my boss and his boss and about 90 percent of the individuals that I work with. Ages from 21-60 years old we all smoke weed, indo, ganja, herb, natures medicine, etc. If you look at the statistics and actually read as you say you do know the facts that your wine and liquor that is ok to drink and the cigarett's that are LEGAL which are for sale everywhere you go kill over 870,000 people per year!!!! If you READ on your so called facts the only death ever recorded that has actually died from marijuana is 1 only 1 person has ever been recorded that died from marijuana. You have a better chance walking through a gated community and dying by slipping on the sidewalk than you do dying from marijuana. My father is a professor for the University of New Mexico and he smokes weed just about every other day. I have plenty of friends with MBA's and I have actually smoked with a few police officers as well on occassion. We all read books a majority of us are all successful individuals all marijuana does is make you relax and take some of the stress off. Maybe if you rolled a joint you would know what I am talking about but obviously you don't smoke because your making ridiculous assumptions that people who smoke don't read, drive well (FYI would you rather have someone that is drunk and driving or high and driving I know which one I would choose!!!) I read the news every day, my paycheck are over $9000.00 after taxes per month. Marijuana is legal in 13 states (more coming soon!!!) for a reason its because everyone knows that its not a harmful substance dr's all over those 13 states are more than willing to pebscribe it because of the fact that it help in more ways that you will ever know lady. Cancer, Sleep disorders, eating disorders, glaucoma, anxiety, depression, joint pains, etc. too many to list......and its a proven and effective alternative to the over the counter drugs that are legal but lethal to your body....morphine, soma's, hydrocodine, oxycodone, valum, vicodine, etc. Lady you need to look into FACTS before making assumptions move to colorado and become an advisor/teacher for an industry that not only is rewarding financially but also you will be helping the well being of that patient that walks in who is balding from the Chemotherapy they just went through maybe that will change your view and ideas on marijuana!
PEACEFUL WARRIOR

Mississauga, Canada

#30 May 27, 2010
OH one more thing I forgot to mention WEED its not a drug its a F-ing Plant dumba$$es.
Check this out everyone this is a medicinal shop in colorado they also have offices in california as well......you can see all the great herbs, new legislation in each state, the advantages in using medicinal marijuana etc. My colleague own's 2 of these stores!
http://www.naturesmedicine420.com/home.htm
PEACEFUL WARRIOR

Mississauga, Canada

#31 May 27, 2010
OH one more fun fact for all of us Arizona people check this out.....FYI ALL YOU ANTI MARIJUNA DUMA$$ES 65% of all votors in Arizona approved Marijuna they just don't know how to tax it yet or keep it under government control there is a f-ing reason why Alaska, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Maine, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington has made it legal!!!!! but also.......

II. Two states have passed laws that, although favorable towards medical marijuana,
did not legalize its use:

State Program Details Contact Info
1. Arizona Ballot Proposition 200 -- Approved by 65% of voters on Nov. 5, 1996
Effective: Dec. 6, 1996 [Not Active]
Measure changed sentencing for drug offenders, requiring those who commit violent crimes to serve full sentences without parole, and diverting non-violent drug offenders into treatment. Prop 200 also permitted doctors to prescribe schedule I controlled substances, including marijuana, to treat a disease or to relieve pain and suffering in seriously ill and terminally ill patients. Under federal law, however, marijuana is considered an illegal drug and physicians are prohibited from writing prescriptions for illegal drugs. The use of the word "prescribe" instead of "recommend" is the reason that Prop 200 is not considered to make medical marijuana legal in Arizona.

Not Amended: House Bill 2518, which was signed by the governor on Apr. 21, 1997, sought to repeal Proposition 200ís medical marijuana provision by requiring the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to first approve marijuana before allowing state physicians to prescribe it. The bill was placed on the Nov. 3, 1998 ballot as a referendum, where voters rejected it by a vote of 51% to 49%.
No state program, no contact info
2. Maryland Senate Bill 502 (72 KB), The "Darrell Putman" Bill -- Resolution #0756-2003 -- Approved in the state senate by a vote of 29-17. Signed into law by Gov. Robert L. Ehrlich, Jr. on May 22, 2003
Effective: Oct. 1, 2003
The law allows defendants being prosecuted for the use or possession of marijuana to introduce evidence of medical necessity and physician approval, to be considered by the court as a mitigating factor. If the court finds that the case involves medical necessity, the maximum penalty that the court may impose is a fine not exceeding $100. The law, however, does not protect users of medical marijuana from arrest or establish a registry program.

Not Amended
PEACEFUL WARRIOR

Mississauga, Canada

#32 May 27, 2010
The NEW STATES COMING SOON......

Alabama
Delaware
Illinois
Massachusetts
Missouri
New York
North Carolina
Ohio
Pennsylvania
South Dakota
Wisconsin

Soon this will be legal at the federal level and our nation will have less crime, less overall debt, and more individuals that are less stressed about life in general.
PEACEFUL WARRIOR

Mississauga, Canada

#33 May 27, 2010
Here are some views from Dr's in many different states about marijuana

Name: Donald Abrams, MD
Title: Professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of California, San Francisco
Position: Pro to the question "Should marijuana be a medical option?"
Reasoning: "I am the Assistant Director of the AIDS Program at San Francisco General, and we have had for a long time patients with HIV smoking marijuana. And one would think it is the HIV community that has brought medical marijuana to the forefront, but in fact, marijuana has been used as a medicine as we all know, hundreds, if not thousands of years before HIV."

Name: David L. Bearman, MD
Title: Physician and medical marijuana expert
Position: Pro to the question "Should marijuana be a medical option?"
Reasoning: "I grew up knowing that cannabis could be a medicine... I'm not aware of any proven long-term [harmful] effects from cannabis. People have been trying to find major risks [from marijuana], but I've never seen any documented. We know if you smoke cannabis your chances of getting lung cancer are less than if you don't smoke anything at all."

Name: Peter G. Bourne, MD, MA
Title: Former Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy
Position: Pro to the question "Should marijuana be a medical option?"
Reasoning: "We did not view marijuana as a significant health problem--as it was not. Nobody dies from marijuana. Marijuana smoking, in fact, if one wants to be honest, is a source of pleasure and amusement to countless millions of people in America, and it continues to be that way."

Name: David Hadorn, MD, PhD
Title: Medical Consultant for GW Pharmaceuticals, Ltd.(U.K.)
Position: Pro to the question "Should marijuana be a medical option?"
Reasoning: "I have seen many patients with chronic pain, muscle spasms, nausea, anorexia, and other unpleasant symptoms obtain significant -- often remarkable -- relief from cannabis medicines, well beyond what had been provided by traditional (usually opiate-based) pain relievers."

Name: Frank Lucido, MD
Title: Physician in private medical practice in Berkeley, CA
Position: Pro to the question "Should marijuana be a medical option?"
Reasoning: "Cannabis has a long, impressive history as a safe and effective medicine... I am widely known to be a thorough, caring, and trusted physician, who takes the time and effort to establish that the patient is appropriate in their use of medical cannabis."
djazz

East Greenwich, RI

#34 Jun 8, 2010
It's still a drug. It makes you lazy. They made it so strong now that if you aren't used to it, it makes you paranoid. Everybody I talk to says that, it's not just me. The growers ruined it, it's not the same.
djazz

East Greenwich, RI

#35 Jun 8, 2010
They say it doesn't lead to ther drugs but everyone I knew took other drugs along with marijuana anyway.
none-ya

Mills River, NC

#36 Jan 7, 2011
I am in favor of pot legalization...killers? I know someone who almost died from St. John's Wort and it is legal...I have never known ANYONE to die from weed.
none-ya

Mills River, NC

#37 Jan 7, 2011
by the way, that is like dying from eating too much chocolate...
agree

Saint Albans, WV

#38 Jan 7, 2011
college girl wrote:
<quoted text>
trying to make money? it's called get a job, or do chores around the house and get an allowance... and obviously if u have to sell becuase you are that much of a low life, then don't be dumb about it and sell only to those you know. not that hard to figure out
AMEN!!!!!! sister
anonymous

Farmington, UT

#39 Apr 18, 2011
They should really do this at my school I mean even with the school resource officer it still isn't enough. They should make a junior police force. Made up of high school students who want actually want to obey and uphold the law.
Guy with 4 pack abs

Burnaby, Canada

#40 Oct 7, 2011
They really need to get some undercover KIDS, as some dealers are smart. I hear some places kids get free drugs from dealers from different dealers and turn em over to the cops, and I hear they get paid for it. Then, they tell where they find these dealers and wha bam a bust. Want to be one of those guys, but I think the cops won't trust the kids that they don't take these drugs. Nice idea, but eh... won't work.
Az money

Fort Defiance, AZ

#41 Oct 8, 2011
If your going to sell drugs, do it right... Save every dollar, invest every dollar....and get into a legit business.. That's what I did.. I sold drugs for ten years of my life since 14. No jobs where I live, I sold strictly weed n chronic, dro , or whatever u wanna call it.I adapted to my environment. Made my money. Started a business wit it. Now I pay taxes.... But notice the drugs I sold ain't heroin and crack. Weed is prescribed by doctors. People just abuse the drug.... Just giving my opinion,u could hate it or love it
NickySw

Peoria, AZ

#42 Nov 18, 2011
Wow there is way to much stupidity flotaing around in this discussion for me to not set some things straight. Yes cops can be helpful when it comes to things like a woman or child being hurt or a similar situation that might fall under that catageory but thats about it. As far as undercover cops go I have absolutely zero respect they are lower then the lowest. It takes a very special person to gain somebodys respect then go and ruin their lives. Do you honestly think that a child would be better off in our wack as$ backwards states custody. Everyone that I know that has grown up with the help of CPS is either on drugs or in prison. Undercover cops do absolutely no good for anyone. Just a buch of beurocratic bs. Now dont get me wrong, if they are going to go bust meth labs or meth dealers that truly ruin lives then great, save the kids. But pot, come on that is just a huge waste of taxpayer dollars. Now here is some logic for why you should never trust the police. I am a former marijuana salesman and I have pot stolen from me on three seperate occasions by police. I am not talking small ammounts either. Ten pounds, 5 pounds and seven pounds. Now if they did this to me then certainly they have done this to several other people. I do not wish to go into further detail about these situations because the law enforcement of Arizona is the largest gang in Arizona and they can get away with kicking in your door, taking your property and be home in time for dinner with their family at 6:00.
Remember good ole Sherriff Joe and the fine Prosecutor whom he put in office to allow him to do all of his illegal dirty work only to have it blow up in his face when stuff hit the fan and the feds noticed? Yeah, thats your good ole top cops protecting the valley. Good job guys. This whole state needs to be audited from head to toe and be taken over by the feds so we can be safe at night. Spend less time investigating kids selling pot and more time investigating your own. I know there are good cops out there, somewhere.
NickySw

Peoria, AZ

#43 Nov 18, 2011
Student wrote:
I am a student that is going to be a police officer...and i will never ever try drugs or anything. You need money then either get a job or something, dont be some low life retards.
Great, just what we need, another sheltered retard that wants to be a cop and save the world. Go play in traffic, do us all a favor!
Are you kidding me

Tempe, AZ

#45 Jan 24, 2012
concerned teacher wrote:
Are you kidding...weed won't kill? Go back to shool and YOU learn the FACTS. It may not kill instantly, but over time OR if you smoke weed and drive-it's called under the influence therefore it can be very deadly. It is illegal for a reason. Instead of spouting off your mouth or killing brain cells, get out a book and DO something with your life! As for undercops or any cop, I praise them for their acts of courage and selflessness. Send them all in to schools!!
Seriously? Weed should be illegal because it MAY contribute to vehicle accidents? Then why the hell isn't ALCOHOL illegal? It CAUSES accidents, it kills people, and it destroy's peoples' lives.
Wake up to reality and start thinking for yourself, instead of believing everything you've been spoon-fed from the government. The same people responsible for false wars and the worst economic recession we've seen in decades. Yeah, we can trust THEM.
Carlini

Phoenix, AZ

#46 Nov 11, 2012
NickySw wrote:
Wow there is way to much stupidity flotaing around in this discussion for me to not set some things straight. Yes cops can be helpful when it comes to things like a woman or child being hurt or a similar situation that might fall under that catageory but thats about it. As far as undercover cops go I have absolutely zero respect they are lower then the lowest. It takes a very special person to gain somebodys respect then go and ruin their lives. Do you

honestly think that a child would be better off in our wack as$ backwards states custody.
Everyone that I know that has grown up with the
help of CPS is either on drugs or in prison. Undercover cops do absolutely no good for anyone. Just a buch of beurocratic bs. Now dont get me wrong, if they are going to go bust meth labs or meth dealers that truly ruin lives then great, save the kids. But pot, come on that is just
a huge waste of taxpayer dollars. Now here is some logic for why you should never trust the police. I am a former marijuana salesman and I have pot stolen from me on three seperate occasions by police. I am not talking small ammounts either. Ten pounds, 5 pounds and
seven pounds. Now if they did this to me then certainly they have done this to several other people. I do not wish to go into further detail about these situations because the law enforcement of Arizona is the largest gang in Arizona and they
can get away with kicking in your door, taking your
property and be home in time for dinner with their family at 6:00.
Remember good ole Sherriff Joe and the fine Prosecutor whom he put in office to allow him to do all of his illegal dirty work only to have it blow up in his face when stuff hit the fan and the feds
noticed? Yeah, thats your good ole top cops protecting the valley. Good job guys. This whole state needs to be audited from head to toe and be taken over by the feds so we can be safe at night. Spend less time investigating kids selling pot and more time investigating your own. I know there are
good cops out there, somewhere.
Of coarse you support weed you use to sell it. Weed has killed people just cause its not recorded what about the asthmatics? Let me guess its good to smoke weed it helps asthma rite? Not

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chandler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how many nurses have had lost there license bec... (Aug '07) Jun 25 zeke the pinhead 2,707
valley night clubs under investigation by feds Jun 24 kenjioc 13
New recorded gangs in Arizona.... (Jun '07) Jun 24 Loco 2,144
Ryan J Malone Jun 24 Ohio 1
Allstate Employees Partner Together for Bring o... Jun 22 NMar 1
News Is prostitution and sex taking place in Scottsd... (Oct '09) Jun 18 Midnight rider 235
Help stop panhandling. (Feb '15) Jun 17 Truefact 17

Chandler Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chandler Mortgages