Chandler Rapist in custody, police say

Full story: Arizona Republic

Sarah Muench The Arizona Republic Jan. 12, 2008 05:00 PM Police believe they have arrested the man who has been stalking and raping young girls in Chandler for nearly two years.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jan 13, 2008

Since: Jan 08

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2008

Great Job! Now lets look at his employer for hiring another illegal. Is this a lead on the new employer sanctions law or what?
Danny Vice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2008

So, how does one who is an illegal alien, a drug offender, and a twice-deported man end up living comfortably with a family in Arizona?

Formerly, Arizona was well known as a border state with a heart for Illegal aliens. Recently, Arizona has become notably more aggressive on the issues of illegal immigration. There have been reports in Arizona that many illegals had returned to Mexico to celebrate Christmas and have decided not to return.

I applaud the work of authorities here that were able to catch on quickly to the real identity of this man (he originally used a fake name with them).

They walked a tightrope between respecting the man's civil rights as a potential citizen, yet were able get a rapists DNA before he fled back over the border. I would imagine much of this occurred within a matter of hours. Great work to Chandler Police Dept.

Not such a great job for the State Of Arizona who played host to a man for almost 2 years while he raped one US Citizen after another. The man would have had worked some place or sought medical treatment at some time for his family among many other things.

Arizona tax payers footed the bill for a man to live openly among them - while he raped them at will. It's an amazing stretch of the imagination, no matter where you fall politically.

It would be nice if victims of these crimes would/could begin filing suit against their local municipalities, suing them for negligence of enforcing the law - which provided the opportunity for the crimes committed against them. Especially in cases where the offender was at one time captured and then let go.

Our US congress has dropped the issue of illegal immigration, silently stifled the law it passed to construct a fens and has left communities left to fend for themselves along with the victims who live in their communities.

The ability for victims to sue would force those communities to decide whether or not they want to continue breaking the law by allowing these offenders to reside in their area. Particularly those who pride themselves on being “immigration safe havens”...

Danny Vice
The Weekly Vice
http://weeklyvice.blogspot.com

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chandler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Musician Tom DeLonge Encounters Multiple UFOs i... 7 hr dana 2
how many nurses have had lost there license bec... (Aug '07) Tue Sad123 2,108
Review: AACI Foot Leg & Ankle Care - J David Br... (Sep '08) Tue Sindd 28
Ace Hardware is great Aug 24 Chillin 4
New recorded gangs in Arizona.... (Jun '07) Aug 20 yb 5oo 1,920
Review: 24 Hour Locksmith Mesa (Nov '13) Aug 19 walkerwilliam91 2
floyd rick laird (Sep '10) Aug 19 idk 3
•••
•••
•••