how many nurses have had lost there l...
Un Happy

Capitol Heights, MD

#963 Nov 3, 2012
menofbusiness wrote:
I went with a friend to the board of nursing and i was just shocked that most nurses didnt have an representation but nursing board had a lawyer there. But most nurses didnt know that this lawyer was not there to help them but to throw them under the bus and make them jump through hoops to get there license back . This angers me and i would like to start a union for nurses and make sure this doesnt happen to no more good nurse or doctors and the board of nursing will have to pay with a class action law suit and if alot of nurses and doctors have been wrongfully accussed without representation then we will have a good case and a good shot at making a difference i know that nurses jobs are very hard jobs to follow and very hard to quit after you have been doing this job for months and years after education and work experience, lets make a change for a diffence message me and lets get this started .
I agree. I am an example of wrongful action by the Board of Nursing aand it makes me sick that they are untouchable. I would be glad to be apart on any class action lasuit. Its the principle.
Un Happy

Capitol Heights, MD

#964 Nov 3, 2012
I agree. I am an example of wrongful action by the Board of Nursing and it makes me sick everytime I think about it. They are untouchable. I would be glad to be apart of any class action.
Lost in Ohio

United States

#965 Nov 3, 2012
Fallin from Grace RN wrote:
<quoted text>
The first atty I hired was a criminal atty who knew nothing about the BON and made my life/case worse. The second was a nurse-attorney who did about the same thing to me as you just wrote. I will never know IF I had the nurse-attorney first IF I would still have my license. By chance is her first name, Deborah? I was lead down a path ("oh, I am making a deal with the BON, Deputy Dogg DA, you will keep your license"-HA HA)and had the carpet pulled out from under me at the absolutely last minute. This is tragic for nurses but I wouldn't go near the board without an atty, it is about our only hope. What nurses should really do is attend a few BON hearings and see how the DA & BON work, the reality will shock you but you might be able to defend yourself (with an atty) best IF you have an idea of how you will be treated. Glad you maintained your license, unfortunately you now wear the mark of Cain.
So very true I have a big scarlet letter on me. The worst thing for me is that everything stops for me and I am just lost and at a loss because I so wanted to become a sexual assault nurse examiner and forensic nurse. I really am passionate about it because I am a rape survivor and I had so much to offer those victims because I could look them in the eye and say I do understand I know exactly what your feeling because I've been there. Now that is gone and I am having a hard time dealing with the fact that I am now nothing more than an over educated housewife. It is just so unbelievable how a small group of appointed power hungry pencil pushers have the power to decide your life as you know it and had it planned is over. They have to damn much power especially since they answer to no one.

And where does that leave us. There are support groups for nurses in recovery and I think it is great that people are taking advantage of the opportunity to get clean and sober and I give them all the credit they deserve, but what about those of us who did not have any substance problems, who didn't divert narcotics whose sanction had nothing to do with substance abuse or criminal activity. People see your license has been disciplined and they just assume the worst and that your more trouble to them than your worth or your a liability. Where do we turn to.
Exactly WHAT did I steal

Sacramento, CA

#966 Nov 3, 2012
Do NOT do the Diversion program if you didn't do anything wrong!
First time dui charge

Key West, FL

#967 Nov 4, 2012
I have a first time dui charge in the state of florida and I'm not sure how to handle this with regards to the state board. Am I supposed to report the arrest or wait for the outcome of official charges/convictions? I didn't submit to blood, breath, or urine, and there is an incomplete field sobriety test. the arresting officer said I smelled like alcohol.
Cookie

Folsom, CA

#968 Nov 4, 2012
First time dui charge wrote:
I have a first time dui charge in the state of florida and I'm not sure how to handle this with regards to the state board. Am I supposed to report the arrest or wait for the outcome of official charges/convictions? I didn't submit to blood, breath, or urine, and there is an incomplete field sobriety test. the arresting officer said I smelled like alcohol.
You can go online and review Florida's Board of Nurses reporting requirements and you may also want to speak to an attorney. Whatever you do, do not speak to ANYONE that you work with in regards to this matter.
Fallin from Grace RN

Lubbock, TX

#969 Nov 5, 2012
Exactly WHAT did I steal wrote:
Do NOT do the Diversion program if you didn't do anything wrong!
I am curious what other actions one can take (defending yourself against the BON) that can assure your license will remain intact, without a permanent black mark on your record. Hiring an atty to handle a complaint with the BON does not guarantee you will keep your license BUT diversion does, if you complete the hoops they ask you to jump through. I did not feel my mistake justified diversion and I ended up dropping out because I thought it was wrong to go in front of the "DECK" and say I had a drug problem when I wasn't abusing anything. However, I could have my license today, free and clear if I had just accepted diversion as part of my punishment for being involved with the wrong people at work. We might believe it is noble to stick to the truth and our principles BUT be prepared to never get another paycheck in nursing if you do.
Fallin from Grace RN

Lubbock, TX

#970 Nov 5, 2012
Lost in Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>
So very true I have a big scarlet letter on me. The worst thing for me is that everything stops for me and I am just lost and at a loss because I so wanted to become a sexual assault nurse examiner and forensic nurse. I really am passionate about it because I am a rape survivor and I had so much to offer those victims because I could look them in the eye and say I do understand I know exactly what your feeling because I've been there. Now that is gone and I am having a hard time dealing with the fact that I am now nothing more than an over educated housewife. It is just so unbelievable how a small group of appointed power hungry pencil pushers have the power to decide your life as you know it and had it planned is over. They have to damn much power especially since they answer to no one.
And where does that leave us. There are support groups for nurses in recovery and I think it is great that people are taking advantage of the opportunity to get clean and sober and I give them all the credit they deserve, but what about those of us who did not have any substance problems, who didn't divert narcotics whose sanction had nothing to do with substance abuse or criminal activity. People see your license has been disciplined and they just assume the worst and that your more trouble to them than your worth or your a liability. Where do we turn to.
I totally understand your heartbreak, there were so many things (a lot of them volunteer) that I wanted to do with my nursing license and I also became a "housewife & mother" with a lot of education. It took me many years to recover from the emotional devastation caused by the loss of my license. Please do NOT do what I did which was to wait for life to "right itself" again. Get back into school and become a counselor for rape victims, you do NOT need to be a nurse in order to use your experience to help others. I was lost for far too long, waiting for something which never was going to happen. Finally I am back in college working on a degree so I can work with domestic violence victim's, something I know a lot about from my personal experience. Being treated like a criminal by the BON (bullies) is no different than other trauma we have lived thru in life. You have so much to offer, don't let the BON take that gift away from the women you can help, you are just going to need to do it in a different way. Going back to college is expensive and time consuming but it closes a chapter with the BON I needed closed. Please consider a different career path for helping rape victims, they (BON) can take your license away but they can't take your soul, compassion, empathy away.
johnmoyers

Beattyville, KY

#971 Nov 6, 2012
Outraged wrote:
Obviously the board member listed above is an IDIOT and totally clueless. If they have EVER done bedside nursing it must have been 100 years ago. Just because a nurse is accused of something doesn't necessarily mean she/he is incompetent or guilty. I agree that nursing boards should protect patients, but they sure as hell should PROTECT NURSES. God I hope I never meet such a narrow minded person as yourself. You have become completely jaded by your profession. Do us all a favor and RESIGN immediately! If someone same into your house, threatened to take your kids, your house, your family, I'd bet my life you would raise a holy stink and you should if you are actually human. Sorry to all of you that have experienced unfair treatment from the likes of "understanding" who actually seems to have very little of that!
I agree! as a health professional myself, I have an appalling "old friend" in ohio with 2 duis in 4 months, the 2nd breaking her neck; .24 blood alcohol level; she expects no "penalties" to her RN-is facing court in November-relicensure in 2013; she thinks this will not be "found out"! aren't routine background checks run for her next RN job, and at relicensure? She drinks and drives routinely and as you know, dui penalties
Fallin from Grace

Lubbock, TX

#972 Nov 6, 2012
johnmoyers wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! as a health professional myself, I have an appalling "old friend" in ohio with 2 duis in 4 months, the 2nd breaking her neck; .24 blood alcohol level; she expects no "penalties" to her RN-is facing court in November-relicensure in 2013; she thinks this will not be "found out"! aren't routine background checks run for her next RN job, and at relicensure? She drinks and drives routinely and as you know, dui penalties
She will be asked directly on her relicensing application, under penalty of perjury IF she has received any criminal charges (not even convictions)or infractions since she got her last renewal. It is really bad news to lie. It would be a good idea for her to attend AA and get into recovery NOW instead of after the BON finds out. Good Luck to your friend, life ain't easy. Maybe someone else like Suki knows IF law enforcement makes it their business to report DUI's to the BON?
user1

Phoenix, AZ

#973 Nov 6, 2012
Can someone refer a good lawyer in AZ that returns phone calls?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#974 Nov 8, 2012
Has anyone gone to BON in Oregon? I just got a call that I had a complaint about me. Will they call the family and ask them any questions? Or just take the word of a vindictive supervisor and fellow employee that happen to be friends? The accusation was diversion, though I did not steal any drugs. I have NEVER been written up, talked to, or any corrective action prior to this allegation. When the nurse investigator called, she makes it sound like I'm already going to jail. I've been working with union to get my job back. One week prior to mediation they turned me over to BON. This is extremely stressful. I feel like it's GUILTY until you prove yourself INNOCENT.
user1

Phoenix, AZ

#975 Nov 8, 2012
IONU43 wrote:
Has anyone gone to BON in Oregon? I just got a call that I had a complaint about me. Will they call the family and ask them any questions? Or just take the word of a vindictive supervisor and fellow employee that happen to be friends? The accusation was diversion, though I did not steal any drugs. I have NEVER been written up, talked to, or any corrective action prior to this allegation. When the nurse investigator called, she makes it sound like I'm already going to jail. I've been working with union to get my job back. One week prior to mediation they turned me over to BON. This is extremely stressful. I feel like it's GUILTY until you prove yourself INNOCENT.
Google nurse lawyers in Oregon. Call them up or even review past cases from the board of nursing there.
Cookie

Folsom, CA

#976 Nov 8, 2012
IONU43 wrote:
You should always have an attorney present when speaking to investigators for the BON or to any members of the Board. This way the questioning will only pertain to the accusation. Anything you say can and will be used as evidence, so you do not want to get off subject and talk about other issues that could be used against you. Investigators actually have law enforcement status (at least in California), so of course they want to intimidate you. Don't be surprised if your former employee comes up with write-ups with a notation of "refused to sign" to cover their ass. Do not to talk to former employees in regards to this accusation.
The investigator will interview former employees, and family members if they are the ones that filed the complaint. The BON is not interested in your stellar record they only want to "protect" the Public. You can go online and check to see if a formal accusation has been filed against you or if it is still in the investigation stage. Once an accusation is filed it becomes Public Record and then your troubles really begin. Good luck.
Chris

Phoenix, AZ

#977 Nov 11, 2012
Amy wrote:
<quoted text>If all the board members are like yourself...then i feel sorry for anyone who has been accused of something falsely...or a total misunderstanding...You are a true ignorant human being..may God rest your wicked soul..
I feel sorry for all the patients you all treat. No nurse should be driving drunk that puts people in danger. How does this not make sense to all of you? I have bad medical problems and let me tell you all lately when I go to the er it makes me sick the doctors and nurses where all to busy talking about there weekend and drinking. Come on yea you are all human but you choose to be in a profession where you should hold high standards for your self and be professional. To all of you falsely accused I am truly sorry for but when you take care of people's lives there is not much room for mistakes period.
tweetybird328

Pompano Beach, FL

#978 Nov 11, 2012
The board plays an important role in the nursing profession. It is when the BON,IPN and there dual stsndards put them above God that theproblems begn. I think most of the nuses in these situation hold high standards in regard to there professions. Maybe everyone should spend a day or two in the nurses shoes.
user1

Phoenix, AZ

#979 Nov 12, 2012
As long as they're not endangering other people lives then anyone can feel free to do anything they please on their own time!
marla

Gilbert, AZ

#980 Nov 13, 2012
user1 wrote:
As long as they're not endangering other people lives then anyone can feel free to do anything they please on their own time!
Not if you live in the State of Arizona. Opinions, gossip, speculation can, will and has destroyed many a nurses career. On so many levels.
Exactly WHAT did I steal

United States

#981 Nov 13, 2012
WHY would anyone do the Diversion program just to satisfy the BRN? If you did nothing wrong, why end up with a black mark on your record until the end of your days? It will affect all of your health insurance, all of your jobs, and the way you're treated in so many ways...

Hit the Board where it hurts... expose them! I can't do it alone. It takes more than one.
johnmoyers

Beattyville, KY

#982 Nov 15, 2012
Lost in Ohio wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously a very caring, GREAT RN and I "feel for you" as a health professional (DVM, PHD) myself, turned paramedic/RN (long story but love RN!)

From my experience with colleagues (I was faculty of med school and knew many MDs and RNs with all kinds of issues) is to get an attorney who does nothing but represent RNs- in Ohio, Mary and TOdd Collis, are the best. You have many courses of appeal; again, I am not a JD (lawyer) BUT you must "fight back"! Just "taking sanctions, without countersuits (defamation of character, lost wages, mental anguish) always "Demands" legal attention of board; and law schools are best source of "pro bono" work by 3rd year law students, signed off on by JD professors-for credit, no cost to you; you are innocent, I can "feel it"; and please contact me if I can lend a hand!

Unfortunately, I have a former friend in Ohio who has 2 duis in 2012, last one .24, and sees no need to change behavior, this appalls me, for any citizen and especially a health professional.

You "hang in there"! your biggest issue, I think, is waiting; time is NOT ON YOUR SIDE; fight it, inactivity is "admitting guilt"!

GOd's grace and peace to you!
john moyers, dvm, phd, ma, ms, ba, bs, emt-b, emt-paramedic, RN/CC

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chandler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trying to find my mom. (Jan '17) 9 hr Cjcc 10
News Kevin Hartke will run for Chandler mayor in 2018 Oct 14 W Steven Martin 1
Becky lewark zuchowski (Mar '17) Oct 13 Gary 10
New recorded gangs in Arizona.... (Jun '07) Oct 13 Jrserrano6 2,168
Removing the Copper Basin HOA (Sep '09) Oct 9 Rose 36
Review: Vensure Employer Services Inc. (Feb '13) Oct 9 LOVEVENSURE 20
News Dead woman in fire identified (Mar '07) Oct 7 Son_2 7

Chandler Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance