how many nurses have had lost there l...
Understanding

Scottsdale, AZ

#41 Sep 4, 2009
Hi, I am back. I can see things have not changed since I was here last. Those of you who have charges against you, well you really should read what your report says about what you did and why you are getting the punishment that you deserve. If you will look at the jounal that is published ever three months you will see why the board is in place to take care of the people that you all take care for. These are your fellow partners of nuses and cna's. There is no excuse for what most of your are accused of. I had a nurse come in to today and pick up her license and we talked quite a while. She said she has come here to AZ to teach those of you who want to be nurses. She said her first question to the new class is. "How many of you are here for the money?" When they raise their hands she tells them than you do not belong here. Money is not going to cut it if you are going to make a life choice to be a nurse. Talk to nurses who had been doing this for 20years and over and than you will really learn something. I wish you all good luck and the strength to always make the correct choice, give the right answer and respond to the people that you care for in a loving way, they could be your mother, father, child or grandparent. Thanks for reading this. Have a great evening.
CALIFORNIA

Worcester, MA

#42 Sep 12, 2009
Hi there. Kenny, how your case is going?/ My husband is in the same situation you are. Miss-documentation. He was accused of felonies by the DA and at the hearing, with all money we spent so far with the criminal case, he could not go with a Lawyer. Conclusion: The Administrative judge issued a Revocation decision, pending the Board approval. They did not wait for the criminal case be over. It has been more than 1 year and a half that his case in Criminal Court is pending. After burned and sold what we had, now he is with a public defensor. He can not get a job because he has an accusation filed online. Hospitals verifies previous licenses. It has been a nightmare. The Judge did not care. More than 2 years ago that the case happened, in a strike facility, bad work conditions, in a travel assignment and, the worst they were saying he was doing a great job, including they renewed his contract. The Law is blind. They don't care. I do believe in re-education and rehabilitation. Re-education is necessary and makes us become a better professional. At the first mistake, work with you nurse in re-educate them. Everybody makes mistakes and deserves a second change. But not in CALIFORNIA>
rose

Mountain City, TN

#43 Sep 17, 2009
menofbusiness wrote:
I went with a friend to the board of nursing and i was just shocked that most nurses didnt have an representation but nursing board had a lawyer there. But most nurses didnt know that this lawyer was not there to help them but to throw them under the bus and make them jump through hoops to get there license back . This angers me and i would like to start a union for nurses and make sure this doesnt happen to no more good nurse or doctors and the board of nursing will have to pay with a class action law suit and if alot of nurses and doctors have been wrongfully accussed without representation then we will have a good case and a good shot at making a difference i know that nurses jobs are very hard jobs to follow and very hard to quit after you have been doing this job for months and years after education and work experience, lets make a change for a diffence message me and lets get this started .
I just "surrendered" my license to the board. My tragic story is as messed up as everyone on this site.. I reported missing narcotics. My manager on the phone told me not to worry about it because of the new policy of how anesthesia is suppose to pull the fentanyl..so she thought it may have been one of the doc's that pulled them..well on my shift they were missing.I made numerous attempts to make sure that I did all I needed to do and I never heard from my manager again..which was odd cause she always called me before trying to be my "friend"...suddenly I never hear from her. I worked nights and was the night charge..I continued to work and no one ever said a word, my manager use to see us sometimes between shifts but never saw her after I reported this..I left note after note..6 weeks later I was fired and reported to the board.No warning ..no questions..no drug testing on anyone it seems like they had no policy or how to implement the policy..none of my fellow nurses believed I took anything even the docs belive me. 3 months later I saw the board I was so happy to finally talk to someone. It was a nightmare..The audited my charting for the three years that I worked there. They found I think 8 places where I did not sign or chart a med given. I thought that was pretty good, considering the system, being understaffed, helping each other medicate patients and some one forgetting to sign etc..you all know what I mean. one of the BON ladies that was interviewing me did not apprecieate how "It appeared to her that my answers for not charting those meds was non chalant".due to this if I did not surrender I would loose it any way according to them...those 8(and they were c4's and c3's) were enough to take my career of 16 years away. The s+&% that my manager (who wanted to be my friend) reported to them was all lies LIES...she sais I was on vaction for 6 weeks and that is why I was not talked to..I was not and even if I was is this not important enough to call me..I have a cell phone!I could go on..but the thing is...anyone could loose it or feel they need to surrender ..we all have forgotten to sign something here and there..I know how important it is to chart. In our audits I am one of the best..so if you are just reported and they look at you they will find a mistake..the lady at BON wrote down my comments..and she obviosly dose not understand nursing or pyxis or alot of anything..I feel they hate me, they beat me down mentally..I am even scared to call a lawyer cause the few I have called said "they can fire you for having blue eyes"...what can we do together as a team to help each other? I send you all best of wishes and luck.
rose

Mountain City, TN

#44 Sep 17, 2009
CALIFORNIA wrote:
Hi there. Kenny, how your case is going?/ My husband is in the same situation you are. Miss-documentation. He was accused of felonies by the DA and at the hearing, with all money we spent so far with the criminal case, he could not go with a Lawyer. Conclusion: The Administrative judge issued a Revocation decision, pending the Board approval. They did not wait for the criminal case be over. It has been more than 1 year and a half that his case in Criminal Court is pending. After burned and sold what we had, now he is with a public defensor. He can not get a job because he has an accusation filed online. Hospitals verifies previous licenses. It has been a nightmare. The Judge did not care. More than 2 years ago that the case happened, in a strike facility, bad work conditions, in a travel assignment and, the worst they were saying he was doing a great job, including they renewed his contract. The Law is blind. They don't care. I do believe in re-education and rehabilitation. Re-education is necessary and makes us become a better professional. At the first mistake, work with you nurse in re-educate them. Everybody makes mistakes and deserves a second change. But not in CALIFORNIA>
It is not any better in NC. It really makes you NOT want to be a nurse. This has stripped me of wanting to work under the nose of these mean awful women I encountered when I saw the board, they were rude, made fun of people in the office that worked there in front of ME!. And they reallt are out of touch it seemed to me of what goes on in a hospital They did not even understand basic jargin or lingo.I am sorry for what your family is going thru...
rose

Mountain City, TN

#45 Sep 17, 2009
Understanding wrote:
I just kind of fell on to this website. Very interesting, to say the least. I work for the board and deal with people like you, who have messed up and not taken responsiblity for your actions. The Board of Nursing is here to PROTECT THE PUBLIC not to give YOU a slap on the hand and say go on your merry way and continue to do what you have been doing. If it were drugs, alcohol, abuse what ever the case. You are put on probation because you have to be accountable for what you do as an RN LPN or CNA. You took an oath and that doesn't mean you can screw up and it's ok. You are not like other people, you are in charge of peoples care and lives. And when you mess up you need to be punished. You don't get to drive drunk on the week end, you don't get to do drugs at your friends house or steal from the elderly or abuse the people you take care of. You have chosen this profession so live out your committment and stop whining. You are all adults act like it and take your punishment like men and women. Your right the board of nursing is not there for YOU they are there to protect the people that you care for. Maybe just maybe a little bit of this will help you all look at yourselves and say "I need to make some changes either that or get out of field of nursing." I have people like most of you in this chat website come into the board that I take care of and I can't believe you are professional people with the way you DEMAND your license DEMAND to speak to someone NOW. I makes me so scared to think that maybe one day one of you might be taking care of me.
wow dude or dudette. you are part of the problem with your one sided attitude. I became a nurse because I cared..most of us did.. not to rob old people,get drunk and drive or steal pills like you suggest....I did not do anything so wrong to loose my license..and the poor handling of at least my case is because the people at the board could not even understand certain medical terms,they did not understand the language. Some times it just might be that someone is after you for other reasons and know that reporting you can wreck you life...please at least admit that you can imagine a fellow nurse doing that to someone.you demeanor on this site really takes me back to that wonderful day at the board..what nice ladies and gentlemen you all must be.
Gloria Maloney

Roscoe, IL

#46 Sep 17, 2009
rose wrote:
<quoted text>wow dude or dudette. you are part of the problem with your one sided attitude. I became a nurse because I cared..most of us did.. not to rob old people,get drunk and drive or steal pills like you suggest....I did not do anything so wrong to loose my license..and the poor handling of at least my case is because the people at the board could not even understand certain medical terms,they did not understand the language. Some times it just might be that someone is after you for other reasons and know that reporting you can wreck you life...please at least admit that you can imagine a fellow nurse doing that to someone.you demeanor on this site really takes me back to that wonderful day at the board..what nice ladies and gentlemen you all must be.
Why do you think there are so few nurses who hold public office; maybe because they would want a different system of paying for healthcare? What you said rings true. All it takes is an anonymous complaint to ruin a nurses career and reputation. How does a "defrocked" nurse run for public office?
CALIFORNIA

Worcester, MA

#47 Sep 25, 2009
rose wrote:
<quoted text>It is not any better in NC. It really makes you NOT want to be a nurse. This has stripped me of wanting to work under the nose of these mean awful women I encountered when I saw the board, they were rude, made fun of people in the office that worked there in front of ME!. And they reallt are out of touch it seemed to me of what goes on in a hospital They did not even understand basic jargin or lingo.I am sorry for what your family is going thru...
Thank you so much for our kindness!! It is a nightmare and is not over. The criminal case were not dismissed and I am so sad and depressed that I can even imagine if something bad happened to my loved husband. The funny thing is I read a lot of decisions by the Board online and they do not have rules. Cases involved patient's harm are ok, cases where they catch in act stealing drugs but waive the right of hearing accepting culpability are ok. It does not make any sense. I want our life back. We can not afford a lawyer. Unfortunately! I will pray for every nurse on this forum. It is a very dangerous profession because you can end in jail for a simple mistake. The Board do not work with Re-education, just punishment. Please, ALL NURSES, KEEP YOUR HEAD UP AND POSITIVE THOUGHTS. Good Luck for all of you!!
Legal resources 4 Nurses

Kihei, HI

#48 Dec 9, 2009
check out our Twitter account, Facebook profile, blog &/or website for recent developments in nursing profession, professional discipline, healthcare legislation and other medically related legal info.
http://twitter.com/NurseAttorneys
www.murphyjoneslaw.com
http://www.murphyjoneslaw.com/blog
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Las-Vegas-NV/Mu...
mary wellman

Livonia, MI

#49 Dec 29, 2009
I have an administratiove complaint I have an attorney but I am very nervousr some compassionate response please.
Jack

Independence, KY

#50 Feb 25, 2010
menofbusiness wrote:
I went with a friend to the board of nursing and i was just shocked that most nurses didnt have an representation but nursing board had a lawyer there. But most nurses didnt know that this lawyer was not there to help them but to throw them under the bus and make them jump through hoops to get there license back . This angers me and i would like to start a union for nurses and make sure this doesnt happen to no more good nurse or doctors and the board of nursing will have to pay with a class action law suit and if alot of nurses and doctors have been wrongfully accussed without representation then we will have a good case and a good shot at making a difference i know that nurses jobs are very hard jobs to follow and very hard to quit after you have been doing this job for months and years after education and work experience, lets make a change for a diffence message me and lets get this started .
I know exactly what you mean. I work as a nurse advocate. Unfortunately, even for the few nurses who contact me before they face the board, they all say they can't afford an attorney, or they simply don't believe it's necessary since the board consists of fellow nurses. They seem to think this will somehow protect them. I ask them if they knew they had an illness that might kill them would they try to treat themselves because it was going to be expensive? Answer: No. Well, if they aren't careful, not having an attorney might kill their career.

Also, if they had professional liability insurance, their attorney fees would most likely be covered. Very few nurses have their own insurance because they believe their employers insurance will protect them. Not necessarily! Depends on the circumstances!

Scary
redsox1

Monroeville, AL

#51 Mar 23, 2010
mexilingus wrote:
i was given a probation offer by the arizona board of nursing after a supervisor at a home health agency tried to intimidate me to work more visits by writting me up. the scheduler and previous supr. vindicated me but the supr. put the erroneous review in my file which an audit by the state found. after two years of investigation wherein the agency hid the scheduling part of documentation and the investigator never requested it even after i pointed out the discrepancy. my license was expiring and i did not want to work in arizona cause i moved to and was licensed in calif. so i sent the license in accepted the probation thinking that would be the end of it. then a year later i get a letter from the inspector general of medicare trying to exclude me nationwide for life from any healthcare job. fight the bastards cause you must stand up for yourself even if you have to borrow to get an attorney. it will come back to haunt you
can you tell me how this turned out with the medicare aspect? I have surrendered a license and someone just mentioned the medicare thing to me also....
JACKI

San Clemente, CA

#52 Mar 28, 2010
redsox1 wrote:
<quoted text>can you tell me how this turned out with the medicare aspect? I have surrendered a license and someone just mentioned the medicare thing to me also....
I surrendered my Arizona RN license Jan 2006 when I relapsed while I was in the CANDO program (alcoholic). I was told I would never be able to work in a hospital or clinic, even as a janitor. However I was not told of the OIG excluded persons list- which hold a database of over 12,000 Nurses and hinders them from working in any kind of health care environment. Being on list has hindered me from working for an independent medical sales company, independent medical billing company, dentist office and many more opportunities. I've had to "reinvent" myself. I now sell items on Ebay. Prepare yourself for a whole new career that has no relation to the health care industry. http://oig.hhs.gov/fraud/exclusions.asp is the OIG website. Right now some nurses are able to still work in the industry without getting "caught" however if the OIG files a claim against a company who has hired a suspended nurse, then that company will be fined-- anywhere from 10k to 150k.
In 2011, I can graciously ask the Board for a reinstatement and be placed in Monitoring -- jump through the hoops. After years of experiencing the "excluded persons list"- I am willing to do whatever it takes to get me off that awful list.
Hope this helps and good luck to you.
Jacki
Perfect -Texas

Cypress, TX

#53 Apr 5, 2010
I read all these posts and I just want you to know-Nurses have to be PERFECT. Now I know, there is no one perfect, but YOU HAD BETTER BE!(According to Nursing Boards) You had better be perfect and not do anything wrong. Of COURSE, if you claim to be a nurse and you have never had a license-the Nursing Boards will do nothing to you because that has nothing to do with "Protecting the public". You know those nurses working without a license wouldn't harm anyone, just that person that forgot to put her address change in. So if your a nurse and you have back problems from picking up a 300lb person-too bad. If your caught taking something for a headache or back pain-you r history as a nurse, especially if u pissed someone off. So, if you are in pain too bad. If you made a backstabbing B--- mad too bad. You dont get to act like your human as a nurse and make a mistake or have problems. Its better to let the uneducated nonlicensed people be nurses and not get PUNISHED because the nursing boards will not do any investigating U. Nurses r not allowed to make mistakes, don't u get it, because the nursing board is perfect and none of them have made one mistake in their lives. Not one of them have ever had bad judgment or made errors-guess GOD will be glad when they get to heaven.
SHIRLEY

AOL

#54 Apr 27, 2010
I WAS A REGISTERED NUSE IN NEW YORK WHOS LICENSE WAS REVOKED, IV REAPPLIED FOR MY LICENSE AFTER 5YRS.IV GONE THRU ALL THE STEPS, BUT ITS BEEN ALMOST A YEAR AND I HAVNT HEARD ANY WORD REGARDING MY LICENSE. DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW I CAN FIND INFORMATION ABOUT MY STATUS.
imani

Moorestown, NJ

#55 May 11, 2010
i am a registered nurse who lost my license in 2003 for diversion for CSD. I spent 3 years without my nursing license; however, during the time of my liense suspension, I followed all of the requirements from the Board of nursing, before they felt that I was competent to work as a nurse again for ex: NA mtgs, random urines, counseling, psychological eval, and any othr requiremnt tht was neeed. My liense was reinstated in 2006. 2 months befor reinstatement of my nursing license, the Board of Nursing, started a recovry and monitoring program. The nurses that was terminated once this program became into efect, did not lose their license, they were required to follow the same guidelines that I had to follow while my license was suspended for three years. I could not work for three years. (This was under the old law). Once I received my reinsatement orders, I was required to participate in a recovery and monitoring program (RAMP). My reinstatement orders required me to participate in the Ramp program, . I had 2 separate probation orders, One set that followed under the old law, and the new set for the RAMP program. The new set that required me to do the RAMP program, was for nurses that recently lost their license once the program was established. I had already served my time for 3 years. I was being punished for the same crime twice. The new nurses, were not required to surender their nursing license, and was able to go to work after 90 days. They had to participate in this program for 3-5 years. During this time, they wefe required to do the same thigs that i had just completed for three years. Random urines, NA mtgs. etc. Tis was all during their their years. I was required to repeat the process again. really need someone to hear my story, and to please help me. Does anyone have any suggestions. Their is much more to my story. I need to speak to someone to guide me in this process, and which direction that I should go to obtain help. I wrote a letter to the board of NSG. explaining this sistuation which noone has responded. There were never any criminal charges, i wa not on the OIG list, this whole situation has been a nightmare. I still have not worked, and it has been seven years. If anyone has any suggestions, please help. This is NJ Board of Nursing.
GOOD GUY

Brooklyn, NY

#56 Jun 18, 2010
I HAVE A STORY TO TELL ANY ADVICE, I HAVE FOUND OUT I HAVE ADHD, NEVER KNEW IT, A PATIENT IN MY CARE EXPIRED TO A MEDICATION ERROR BY ANOTHER NURSE NOT GOING INTO DETAILS WHILE I WAS ON BREAK, BUT I SOON GOT TO TRANSFER TO ANOTHER FLOOR, MY ADHD CAME OUT AND ONE DAY A PATIENT FAMILY FILED A COMPLAINT HER HUSBAND WAS LETHARGIC. WHEN THEY FOUND OUT WHO IT WAS THEY SAID WOW, IT'S THIS SAME JERK WHO'S PATIENT DIED, THEY SUSPENDED ME FOR 1 MONTH, REVIEWED ALL MY CHARTS FOR 3 MONTHS AND FOUND ERRORS SUCH AS NO PAIN SCALE USED, NO DOCUMENTING AMBIEN GIVEN IN PROGRESS NOTED, BUT WAS DOCUMENTED IN MAR'S, AND 3-4 INSTANCES PERCOCET TAKEN FROM PIXIS BUT GIVEN ONLY 1 TO THE PATIENT WHEN 2 WERE TAKEN.I NEVER USED NARCOTICS FOR MYSELF I THINK IF ANY FACILITY ESPECIALLY A HOSPITAL DID AN AUDIT,ESPECIALLY ER NURSES , THERE WILL BE HARDLY ANYONE LEFT, THE GOOD THING IS THAT I FOUND OUT I AVE ADHD AND BEING TREATED, BUT THEY WANT A PROBATION. I DIDN'T KILL ANYONE OR CAUSE ANYONJE HARM.THEY JUST WANT TO CRUCIFY ANYBODY THAT GETS REPORTED...IF THAT'S THE CASE THEN I SHOULD REPORT EVERY ONE THAT HAS A MESS UP IF THATS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE..ANY IDEAS ANYONE? I'M FIGHTING FOR TOOTH AND NAIL WITH 1 TRACK MINDED LIBERTARIANS!!
eb used to be rn

Canyon Country, CA

#57 Jul 16, 2010
angry wrote:
My license is also in jeopardy because I reported the male nurse who indecently assaulted me at work.I said I was doing better and she assumed I was mentally ill. I think having a union statewide is the best idea I have ever hea MY LICENSE WAS Rerd. The lawyers who work for the nursing boards are awful. I was told after doing all that was expected by the lawyer that SHE would make the final descision about my license, not the board.
I too have had a horrible experience with ca brn lawyers. There was a complaint about me coming to wotk after tking medication prescribed for me. My boss only had to send me home but he filed a complaint. I spoke at length to brn investigator who told me that this was not a problem because I had not stolen meds or ever even saw a pt that day. Later the board said they had a hearing and I was notified by mail and did not show up and BY DEFAULT MY LICENSE WAS REVOKED for 3 years. This has ruined me financially. Try and get a job and explain why you USED to be an RN now you aren't working in this field in which obviously the money was good. If you don't think it can happen to you, think again. I was an RN with a perfect record for 11 years. I am almost suicidal over this. I only live for my family and the hope I will work again. I am not sure I ever want to be an RN again.
eb used to be rn

Canyon Country, CA

#58 Jul 16, 2010
rose wrote:
<quoted text>wow dude or dudette. you are part of the problem with your one sided attitude. I became a nurse because I cared..most of us did.. not to rob old people,get drunk and drive or steal pills like you suggest....I did not do anything so wrong to loose my license..and the poor handling of at least my case is because the people at the board could not even understand certain medical terms,they did not understand the language. Some times it just might be that someone is after you for other reasons and know that reporting you can wreck you life...please at least admit that you can imagine a fellow nurse doing that to someone.you demeanor on this site really takes me back to that wonderful day at the board..what nice ladies and gentlemen you all must be.
God you sound exactly like the B@#$ch I talked to at the board who said most nurses are on drugs anyway and deserve to lose their license. TRY to BE FAIR and IMPARTIAL.
eb used to be rn

Canyon Country, CA

#59 Jul 16, 2010
what a wench
concerned citizen

AOL

#60 Jul 26, 2010
July 26, 2010 I am a nurse in Ca and in the process of the diciplinary actions for a DUI that I received in Nov 2008. Went before the ALJ and waiting the decision. I plan on appealing if unfavorable. I am researching and am looking for others in the same situation. There is a precedented case that you would be very interested in learning about. I am interested in pursuing a class action against the BRN. I believe the are punishing outside of their jurisdiction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chandler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Guadalupe Music Emporium (Oct '12) May 30 Musikologist 14
Review: Chase Health Advance (Apr '09) May 30 Badguy 137
New developments in east valley organized crime... May 29 NY independent 3
Tempe AZ May 28 AZZ 2
Review: Sunstar Heating And Aire (Jul '12) May 27 ShirleyEckhardt 21
News Phoenix-area pastors consider gay marriage mess... (Oct '14) May 26 Susan 17
Review: Tempe Powersports And Marine (Sep '14) May 26 egan 10
More from around the web

Chandler People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]