how many nurses have had lost there l...
chloe

Topeka, KS

#586 Jan 30, 2012
menofbusiness wrote:
I went with a friend to the board of nursing and i was just shocked that most nurses didnt have an representation but nursing board had a lawyer there. But most nurses didnt know that this lawyer was not there to help them but to throw them under the bus and make them jump through hoops to get there license back . This angers me and i would like to start a union for nurses and make sure this doesnt happen to no more good nurse or doctors and the board of nursing will have to pay with a class action law suit and if alot of nurses and doctors have been wrongfully accussed without representation then we will have a good case and a good shot at making a difference i know that nurses jobs are very hard jobs to follow and very hard to quit after you have been doing this job for months and years after education and work experience, lets make a change for a diffence message me and lets get this started .
1. Learn to spell
2. Learn proper grammar
3. Learn the law
4. Thank God there is a board that can protect patients like me from nurses like you!
Losinit

Randallstown, MD

#587 Jan 30, 2012
thank you so much for your reply...maybe I will wait a little bit before getting a lawyer. God Knows I can't afford one on my own right now as I don't have malpractice insurance ( will be getting it asap!) What ended up happening in your case I'm just curious?
Nurse in Louisiana wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Friend,
I was just like you when I received my complaint. I was unsure about getting an attorney or not. Thankfully I had malpractice insurance which helps pay for board investigations toward the nurse. But now looking back, I see where it was all for the love of money. I got an attorney right off the bat, during the informal stage of their investigation. He was unable to do much of anything, except call them everyday to check on a response. They, the BON, love to keep you wondering, so after you write in your response, you may not hear from them for two months or more, just to keep you wondering. All that time, the attorney is charging for emails, phone calls etc. Anyway, having said this, I now feel I should have waited until the formal complaint was filed to hire an attorney because the attorney used up all the benefit paid by my insurance even before getting a formal complaint leaving me with a $7,000 balance when all said and done. And if you do have to get an attorney, make sure it's not one that they have in their back pocket. Good luck to you.
Suki

Phoenix, AZ

#588 Jan 30, 2012
chloe wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Learn to spell
2. Learn proper grammar
3. Learn the law
4. Thank God there is a board that can protect patients like me from nurses like you!
Who are you talking to or about? Who do you need to be protected from? A person that has a few typos? Are you joking???? Seriously now.......... Good Lord!
Exactly WHAT did I steal

United States

#589 Jan 31, 2012
Suki-- I'm pretty sure Chloe's talking about the creepy guy who was posting a little while back....
Anyway, ladies, here's something scary... and we need to make a big fuss about this... because all of those criminals have access to THEIR info and we should have access to ours too!! this link is about California Business and Professions Code 2770.12. If you don't want to click the link, then try going to www.caleginfo.gov and finding it there, or Google it. I'm very interesting in seeing if we can get some buzz about this, and sting the BRN's worse than they stung us!
http://www.rnguardian.com/news/100-why-cal-bp... -
Exactly WHAT did I steal

United States

#590 Jan 31, 2012
I'm sorry... go to this link http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/

It's fascinating to a legal geek (I just woke up, had class last night and was up late). I think we should have ALL our records. Who's with me?
Exactly WHAT did I steal

United States

#591 Jan 31, 2012
What I keep hearing in all my Constitutional Law, all my Evidence classes, etc. is that the Constitution protects the laws of the individual. We know that patients have to be protected from bad nurses. But when the government won't even tell us how "bad" we are, how can we improve?

And some of us weren't even bad!
Exactly WHAT did I steal

United States

#592 Jan 31, 2012
Yeesh. "laws" should be "rights".... I gotta get off the laptop and go face all the baddies out there. Anyway, check out the Cal B & P Code and someone let me know what you think. If codes are similar in other states, we have a big problem on our hands. We need to figure out what we want in a code that will be fair to the public, and fair to us. Our jobs are our property. Are we being deprived of our rights to life, liberty, and property by being denied our Constitutional rights?
Lynn-Nurse in LA

Lafayette, LA

#593 Jan 31, 2012
Exactly WHAT did I steal wrote:
Yeesh. "laws" should be "rights".... I gotta get off the laptop and go face all the baddies out there. Anyway, check out the Cal B & P Code and someone let me know what you think. If codes are similar in other states, we have a big problem on our hands. We need to figure out what we want in a code that will be fair to the public, and fair to us. Our jobs are our property. Are we being deprived of our rights to life, liberty, and property by being denied our Constitutional rights?
I first want to say that I really appreciate all the work you are doing looking into laws and rights so that we can gather some real facts. I plan on sending a handful of nurses stories and some legal facts to the national ACLU to see if we can get someone to look into this administrative law and hopefully get some changes done for us who have already been affected and for those who are coming behind us in nursing school, who have no idea that these injustices exist yet. Anyone who would like to join me please email me your story to [email protected] Please include what state you are licensed in. Thanks.
Suki

Phoenix, AZ

#594 Jan 31, 2012
Exactly WHAT did I steal wrote:
I'm sorry... go to this link http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/
It's fascinating to a legal geek (I just woke up, had class last night and was up late). I think we should have ALL our records. Who's with me?
Is there any site like this for other states?
Exactly WHAT did I steal

United States

#595 Jan 31, 2012
I don't know, Suki. The ironic thing is that when my nasty bosses claimed I wasn't thinking straight, I was aceing my classes in a Legal Assisting program. I'm now in a similar program and still at a 4.0 GPA. So who's not thinking straight, eh? In any case, the Legal Assisting program was where I learned about the CA law site. Of particular interest to you may be that ALL of the patient stuff "against" me was thrown out; the interview with the investigator was what the attorney based her action on, and possibly a few other things, but since I couldn't get the record, I couldn't refute them. Also, the investigator did NOT Miranda me, since I wasn't under arrest... I WAS given a "Beheler Admonishment" and I had no idea at the time what that was. It did sound serious enough to alarm me, and during the three hour interview I did wonder if I was going home, or going to jail. It was after dark when they finally let me go home.

I have to stop here. It's late, and I don't want to have nightmares about what the BRN did to me. When I crossed the street, looking for an address at a government office for one of my witnesses (a patient), I was hit by a car. That was two years ago, and I've had pain every day since; some days are worse than others. She (the patient) and her husband were living in a hotel while she was my patient, while their home was being renovated. I wanted to get a statement from them, so I needed the address. Being hit by the car put a literal screeching halt to that idea, and the State will take NO responsibility for the fact that they let an RN, posing as an MD, treat that patient, or any of our patients, three of whom are now dead. He made some of the worst complaints againtst me, and the State won't look at the pain they caused me with the false accusations, and they won't look at his mistreatment of the patients.

Thank God, I haven't become addicted to pain meds; I have excellent friends and that helps. But anyone who wants to pray for me, go ahead. Please don't tell me I have to "forgive" the State, like a well-meaning church lady ordered me to do. The people at the State who did this to me don't care if they're forgiven or not. They're idiots, mean, and just don't care. They haven't asked for my forgiveness and probably never will. But what they've done has shaken my life to the core, and allowed criminals to walk. Well-meaning people think I should go on disability and give up, but I refuse to do that. There's a lot of fight left in me, and at least I'm not working for a fake MD anymore. He was a horrible man.
Ginger03

Phoenix, AZ

#596 Feb 5, 2012
Im not at liberty to presently discuss my situation due to it's a pending case. I live in AZ and will probably be placed on probation by the board.I was wondering what the job prospects are like, and if their is anyone in az that could possibly give me advice on probation friendly employers. Im not 100% sure this is my fate but my attorney said about 80%.Are board stipulation negotable with good legal representation? Does anyone have any experience with this sort of thing.Honestly im just looking for possible professional networking, advice from someone who has overcome there situation. Im looking for a positive mentor who has taken accountability for there actions, and became a better nurse through this situation, because thats what I want out of this situation. Thanks so much
Michelle-nursein illinois

Plainfield, IL

#597 Feb 6, 2012
I am feeling hopeless and useless. I had some preveious issues with narcotics. Lost my license and after many years..I finally had my license back without restrictions. No one will hire me? Hospitals see my past issues and say sorry. I long to get back in the hospital atmosphere but I am on the verge of giving up. What can I do? Not even nursing homes will touch me. I have been clean and sober since 2004. Lost my past hospice job after 4yeas. Even they did random drops on me that were all negative. what else can i do?
NurseGloria

Roscoe, IL

#598 Feb 6, 2012
Since you have an unrestricted license and hospice experience, advertise for private duty. I am thinking about this myself.

In almost 30 years, I never had a patient or family complaint. I never made a serious error (that I am aware). I always had satisfaction from caring for people and their families. Its my nature.

Maybe this is what we should do. There are ways to get Medicare and Medicaid reimbursement (paperwork). Let's find out how to do that and leave out the middleperson (agency).

Can anybody fill us in concerning where to get these forms for reimbursement. Maybe there are families who can pay out of pocket for nursing care.
NurseGloria

Roscoe, IL

#599 Feb 6, 2012
I just found and read some of that Medicare reimbursement lawyerspeak stuff. FORGETIT
Maybe $25 an hour could do a dressing change and med review if the family lived nearby.

Maybe $50. would pay for an eval med review and an assessment of needs. Maybe you know somebody who could give a bath and shop for the family. Malpractice insurance would be important. I have never known a patient or family who was eager to sue a nurse they knew that cared and did the best she could to help them.

Mostly, families are grateful for a nurse they know that cares about them.
NurseGloria

Roscoe, IL

#600 Feb 6, 2012
I do believe that some of us are wired to care for people. My mother wasn't a nurse, but our neighbor was dying of cancer, and my mother cared for her until she died.

My mother did her laundry and fed her until the end. I watched my brothers and sisters while my mother cared for her. I was nine years old. My mother did not know her until after she had cancer.

My mother was a saint. My mother loved everybody and would help anyone who needed help. I will never be as good as my mother, but I feel good about helping others as she did.

If I can make a living by doing what already makes me happy,(taking care of people) I will do it.
imprisioned by BON

Smithfield, NC

#601 Feb 7, 2012
Prior poor decisions are one thing, but if even prisoners can get an independent review by another agency without fee, what can nurses like ourselves get? North Carolina BON is like some other boards such that the BON applies a standardized punishment that supposedly covers a "broad range of sin." I am extremely resentful that an act I committed in 2006 and 2007-self reported has me in a program that has failed to support my professional development or account for my continuous random testing since 2007. No one abusive or addictive behavior is better than another but I have followed their directions, know I want a lawyer who specializes in representing nurses who feel like the treatment as prescribed by the NCBON is unjust. Enough is enough! The accountability and punitive measures are too crude and do not fit the offense, more refinement is needed and a change is had.
Nurse in LA

Lafayette, LA

#602 Feb 7, 2012
imprisioned by BON wrote:
Prior poor decisions are one thing, but if even prisoners can get an independent review by another agency without fee, what can nurses like ourselves get? North Carolina BON is like some other boards such that the BON applies a standardized punishment that supposedly covers a "broad range of sin." I am extremely resentful that an act I committed in 2006 and 2007-self reported has me in a program that has failed to support my professional development or account for my continuous random testing since 2007. No one abusive or addictive behavior is better than another but I have followed their directions, know I want a lawyer who specializes in representing nurses who feel like the treatment as prescribed by the NCBON is unjust. Enough is enough! The accountability and punitive measures are too crude and do not fit the offense, more refinement is needed and a change is had.
This sounds definitely like some other stories I've heard from other nurses who've been honest and self reported an incidence. I do believe this is a story that should be added into our collection that we are planning to submit to a specific agency. Would you please join us to try to get something done about the BONs? If so, please send me your story in writing to [email protected]
mld

Macedonia, OH

#603 Feb 8, 2012
Ohio Board of Nursing has standardized punishments for a broad range of "injustices". To have nurses on permanent restrictions without material evidence or facts based on criminal charges, malpractice or harm to patient. OBN has "we said you did it" or "I said that is what you said" attitude. I want to name names of these OBN RN(s)being crude, Lisa Ferguson and Amy Sala. It is time for OBN to get a taste of what accountability and punitive measures means with permanent restrictions on "she said they said" kinds of complaints and none of it is the truth.
Michelle-nursein illinois

Plainfield, IL

#604 Feb 9, 2012
chloe wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Learn to spell
2. Learn proper grammar
3. Learn the law
REally?? Let those who are without sins be allowed to throw the first stone. I doubt that is you. REally shouldn't judge when you have no idea. Do our mistakes make us bad people or bad nurses....NO! Our mistakes are out there for everyone to see and judge.
mojoe

Overland Park, KS

#605 Feb 9, 2012
Suki wrote:
Hey guys, all the states need to get their act together! If we all stand together we CAN make a change for our career in the states.
I'm with you and Gloria. What's the next move?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chandler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
valley night clubs under investigation by feds Jun 24 kenjioc 13
New recorded gangs in Arizona.... (Jun '07) Jun 24 Loco 2,144
Ryan J Malone Jun 24 Ohio 1
Allstate Employees Partner Together for Bring o... Jun 22 NMar 1
News Is prostitution and sex taking place in Scottsd... (Oct '09) Jun 18 Midnight rider 235
Help stop panhandling. (Feb '15) Jun 17 Truefact 17
Mesa Police Department digital scanner feed (Nov '08) Jun 17 Wally 5

Chandler Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chandler Mortgages