kali4551

Los Angeles, CA

#21 Nov 26, 2008
I will retain a lawyer/representation. I am glad that I found this site. It seems like when your nursing license is taken you have no other options.
mexilingus

Mesa, AZ

#22 Dec 2, 2008
i was given a probation offer by the arizona board of nursing after a supervisor at a home health agency tried to intimidate me to work more visits by writting me up. the scheduler and previous supr. vindicated me but the supr. put the erroneous review in my file which an audit by the state found. after two years of investigation wherein the agency hid the scheduling part of documentation and the investigator never requested it even after i pointed out the discrepancy. my license was expiring and i did not want to work in arizona cause i moved to and was licensed in calif. so i sent the license in accepted the probation thinking that would be the end of it. then a year later i get a letter from the inspector general of medicare trying to exclude me nationwide for life from any healthcare job. fight the bastards cause you must stand up for yourself even if you have to borrow to get an attorney. it will come back to haunt you
penny

Mentor, OH

#23 Dec 21, 2008
mark ohio wrote:
recently i was charged with OVI in ohio and somebody turned me in to board. the board is notinterested in helping at all, just in discipline
thats sad. why do these things happen?
penny

Mentor, OH

#24 Dec 21, 2008
Understanding wrote:
I just kind of fell on to this website. Very interesting, to say the least. I work for the board and deal with people like you, who have messed up and not taken responsiblity for your actions. The Board of Nursing is here to PROTECT THE PUBLIC not to give YOU a slap on the hand and say go on your merry way and continue to do what you have been doing. If it were drugs, alcohol, abuse what ever the case. You are put on probation because you have to be accountable for what you do as an RN LPN or CNA. You took an oath and that doesn't mean you can screw up and it's ok. You are not like other people, you are in charge of peoples care and lives. And when you mess up you need to be punished. You don't get to drive drunk on the week end, you don't get to do drugs at your friends house or steal from the elderly or abuse the people you take care of. You have chosen this profession so live out your committment and stop whining. You are all adults act like it and take your punishment like men and women. Your right the board of nursing is not there for YOU they are there to protect the people that you care for. Maybe just maybe a little bit of this will help you all look at yourselves and say "I need to make some changes either that or get out of field of nursing." I have people like most of you in this chat website come into the board that I take care of and I can't believe you are professional people with the way you DEMAND your license DEMAND to speak to someone NOW. I makes me so scared to think that maybe one day one of you might be taking care of me.
who are you to judge nurses punishishment? it sounds like you have been in nrsg office work instead of on the floor working with patients. you have no right to say we should be punished. it shows you dont make mistakes? sounds like your in the wrong business.
Nurzkat

Fresno, CA

#25 Jan 22, 2009
Wow: what a story: Mine is somewhat similar- w/o the diversion- and I am awaiting a hearing in mar - over paperwork issues- and testing.
Did you also know that the testing for the BRN- they are using ETG tests and there are class action lawsuits against the maker. and advisor notices from state agencys not to be using them indisclipinary hearings?? This test is way to sensitive and gives false positives. I know first hand.I have lost the SUV-Time Share- and have had my license suspended for a year now while waiting for the Hearing- So I must have pissed someone off? I agree they do not listen and there is no fairness to the disiplines.And some of the other Nurses are out to see others fail- how sad. God Bless, Kathy
Nurzkat

Fresno, CA

#26 Jan 22, 2009
Another thing while I am writing is I also found out that most R.N. Probationers are called Govermental Anaylist- and don't have a Nursing backroung but: one in Bugets and collectiong Data- and numbers. They just go by some made up guide line they don't talk to you about.
Sad Sad- espically with all this shortage
Hang in there!!! Kathy
Darrel

Saint Paul, MN

#27 Jan 26, 2009
Wow!! And I thought it was outrageous that my daughter received a $180.00 fine for not changing her address on her drivers license. If it had been the board she would have lost her DL for 3 years and $180,000.00 in lost wages. What the H is wrong with this picture. I feel for you.
CINDERELLA

Sterling, CO

#28 Jan 26, 2009
CAN I AS A LPN LOSE MY JOB OR BE CHARGED WITH ABANDOMENT IF AFTER MY SCHEDULED SHIFT, I LEAVE AND NO REPLACEMENT IS AVAILABLE. I LIVE IN COLORADO. OUR FACILITY IS SO SHORT ON STAFF THAT IN THE LAST 4 DAYS I HAVE WORKED 53 HOURS. ALOT OF THE LADIES THAT I WORK WITH WOULD ALSO LOVE TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION. THANKS, CINDERELLA.
Tiesto Fan

Auckland, New Zealand

#29 Feb 11, 2009
I came across this by chance........
It seems it doesnt matter what country your living in all "nursing boards" are the same!
I can relate to most of the stories that have been written...except for UNDERSTANDING lmfao what a sad joke you appear to be ;o
i guess the main point i wanted to say is underneath the title of a nurse is a HUMAN BEING every1 is entitled to their mistakes, to have their voice heard and given an opportunity to be the best that they can become....
I believe this humaness is what the board of nursing is guilty of
Be strong peeps their is LIFE after NURSING! oneday in the future thank them in your mind for teaching you how you would not treat another
thehun

Phoenix, AZ

#30 Feb 13, 2009
Nurses need to start giving more sponge baths with happy endings....and enemas that vibrate and play the National Anthem upon insertion....and more oxcodone, straight up, not mixed with Tylenol...I'd buy that for a dollar..........I saw that in a movie called "Candy Stripers" back in the 80's.....it was awesome......it gave me a chubby.....is that wrong?
thehun

Phoenix, AZ

#31 Feb 13, 2009
mexilingus wrote:
i was given a probation offer by the arizona board of nursing after a supervisor at a home health agency tried to intimidate me to work more visits by writting me up. the scheduler and previous supr. vindicated me but the supr. put the erroneous review in my file which an audit by the state found. after two years of investigation wherein the agency hid the scheduling part of documentation and the investigator never requested it even after i pointed out the discrepancy. my license was expiring and i did not want to work in arizona cause i moved to and was licensed in calif. so i sent the license in accepted the probation thinking that would be the end of it. then a year later i get a letter from the inspector general of medicare trying to exclude me nationwide for life from any healthcare job. fight the bastards cause you must stand up for yourself even if you have to borrow to get an attorney. it will come back to haunt you
Arizona sucks in so many ways, especially when it comes to working conditions.
Misunderstanding

United States

#32 Feb 16, 2009
Understanding wrote:
I just kind of fell on to this website. Very interesting, to say the least. I work for the board and deal with people like you, who have messed up and not taken responsiblity for your actions. The Board of Nursing is here to PROTECT THE PUBLIC not to give YOU a slap on the hand and say go on your merry way and continue to do what you have been doing. If it were drugs, alcohol, abuse what ever the case. You are put on probation because you have to be accountable for what you do as an RN LPN or CNA. You took an oath and that doesn't mean you can screw up and it's ok. You are not like other people, you are in charge of peoples care and lives. And when you mess up you need to be punished. You don't get to drive drunk on the week end, you don't get to do drugs at your friends house or steal from the elderly or abuse the people you take care of. You have chosen this profession so live out your committment and stop whining. You are all adults act like it and take your punishment like men and women. Your right the board of nursing is not there for YOU they are there to protect the people that you care for. Maybe just maybe a little bit of this will help you all look at yourselves and say "I need to make some changes either that or get out of field of nursing." I have people like most of you in this chat website come into the board that I take care of and I can't believe you are professional people with the way you DEMAND your license DEMAND to speak to someone NOW. I makes me so scared to think that maybe one day one of you might be taking care of me.
Dear Understanding, consider this injustices occurs at all levels. There are actually nurses that are the victims of vindictive peers, supervisors and patients. I was reported to the board on hearsay from a confused patient that told his wife that I told him "I did not have time to wait on him". She never heard the commit and he was in ETOH withdraw with and ammonia level of 144. The case was dimissed after I sought legal representation. Here are 2 facts I want you to consider when you violate others rights. The state board of nursing in Arizona and you as a individual CAN BE SUED. Secondly nurses are the public also and have rights, is it not your obligation to protect them from the emotional stress and financial hardships you cause from the same additude you expressed in your post? Someday someone will take care of you and hope they are not under such stress cause by the board. Who protects the public from you?
Sarah

Abilene, KS

#33 Mar 19, 2009
I have been a LPN for 12 years and living in Kansas. I am taking a diversion rather than going to trial for DUI. Can I loose my nursing license?
Sarah

Abilene, KS

#34 Mar 19, 2009
not sure

Since: Mar 09

Matteson, IL

#35 Mar 25, 2009
I agree there are problems with the board of nursing. One of the main things we can do is notify all of our representatives. It does no good for us to complain here. We need to put our money where our mouth is. The governor regulates all agencies and I believe the governor appoints the board of nursing panel. I have wrote a letter. Will you? Contact the Governors Office:
The Honorable Jan Brewer
Governor of Arizona

http://www.azgovernor.gov/Contact.asp
kenny chavez

Palm Desert, CA

#36 Apr 28, 2009
Update:

What a ride!!! Well, I am in 70,000 dollars in my defense for allegations for drug diversion.

The board conducted its investigation and referred the case to the DA for prosecution. At the preliminary hearing, a lawyer for the BRN showed up requesting the judge to place a suspension on my license. This argument lasted for about 3 days, and as my defense called numerous peers as well as my DON to testify on my behalf. The request by the board was denied, but a stipulation was placed i could only work at the faciliy i currently worked at. Well the case has since bounced around for the past two years awaiting trial....

The preliminary hearing lasted 2 weeks whis is unheard of. In Feb 2009 went to court again to select a jury for trial, at this time the DA notified my attorney that the DA that had been on the case for the past two years resigned, and needed another 12 month continuence. This was granted based on that all restrictions be lifted to my license.

Well, the board has caught wind of this and has now contacted my attorney that they plan to file administrative proceedings against me. My attorney believes the criminal case is going to be dismissed.

What I do not understand is how the board has the right to do whatever it is they want. They presented the case to the DA and has found that it holds no water. They didnt like the decisions made by the courts, so now, they want to conduct their own hearings.

My understanding was that the board would not conduct any administrative hearings when a criminal case involving the same accussations are under way.

To anyone who reads this, trust me and believe me in saying: If you are ever notified by the board that a complaint was filed for drug diversion, guilty or not, take the diversion program that is offered.

Do not attempt to fight unless you have a ton of money to burn. I have had DONs numerous nurses, doctors, to all testify on my behalf, and the board has been relentless.

The pain this has caused to all around me is unbearable for me to take at times. And yet, allmost 4 years after the alleged accussation against me, still no closure.

TAKE DIVERSION, DO NOT FIGHT, YOUR NAME IS GOING TO BE SMEARED REGARDLESS IF INNOCENT.

WILL KEEP YOU UPDATED..........
Nurse Gloria

Genoa City, WI

#37 Apr 28, 2009
I have been enduring an ordeal similar to all of you except for that of the board member for about ten years. I have requested an audience with Governor Quinn of Illinois to discuss these issues and my recommendations. I urge all of you to do the same.
I practiced as a registered nurse for 26 years and have two graduate degrees under my belt. I was always a patient and family advocate who never had a patient or family complaint. I never made an error that resulted in a patient injury, although that could have occurred in some of the situations and working conditions in which I found myself. It could happen to any conscientious nurse.
I just passed the NCLEX RN. The board that kept me from working for over 5 years forced me to take it to be restored to probation. Fees for renewal, criminal background check, NCLEX test, travel, review materials, and attorney to make the board give permission to test after they required me to take the test cost well over a thousand dollars.
Now I am supposed to pay for urine screens on demand, at least every month, whether I am employed or not. I have submitted two professional opinions that I do not have an addiction problem, another one of their requirements. Do some research concerning who owns the screening labs and how they became specified by the state for screening.
Write the Governor. He appoints the Director of the Department of Regulation.
bsn

Tucson, AZ

#38 May 31, 2009
tonight I was stopped and cited for a DUI I am an RN in the state of az any advice? I have already been on Probation for a previous DUI in 2000 and was reinstted after I believe 3 years Please any advice
nurse1967

Grand Island, NY

#39 Aug 2, 2009
trust me this is real but there is light at the end of the tunnel KEEP FIGHTING, just recently the colorado BON let go of CNHP which was a group who was suppose to be helping nurses with addictions, but instead they were hindering, controlling and hurt alot of nurses. the BON finally listened. Go Colorado things are finally looking up and fairly.
Recovering RN

Flagstaff, AZ

#40 Aug 15, 2009
Misunderstanding wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear Understanding, consider this injustices occurs at all levels. There are actually nurses that are the victims of vindictive peers, supervisors and patients. I was reported to the board on hearsay from a confused patient that told his wife that I told him "I did not have time to wait on him". She never heard the commit and he was in ETOH withdraw with and ammonia level of 144. The case was dimissed after I sought legal representation. Here are 2 facts I want you to consider when you violate others rights. The state board of nursing in Arizona and you as a individual CAN BE SUED. Secondly nurses are the public also and have rights, is it not your obligation to protect them from the emotional stress and financial hardships you cause from the same additude you expressed in your post? Someday someone will take care of you and hope they are not under such stress cause by the board. Who protects the public from you?
As one of those "YOU PEOPLE" that you target in your response, I need to say that I take great exception to your gerneralization of addicted professionals. The things you say only show your ignorance about the disease of addiction, and people like you should not be allowed to be part of any decision making that affects addicted professionals. First, there is a distinction between a nurse in active addiction and a nurse in recovery. I will also say that not all nurses claiming to be in recovery are actually in recovery that is real. It is easy to tell the difference. Let me also say that you are very lucky that you yourself weren't blessed with this horrible disease, and like many others, you opt to sit in judgement rather than show compassion of any sort.

That being said, I know that people with addictions hurt many others in the course of their disease. Nurses have the potential to do great harm to their patients and organiztions they work for. I also believe that we all need to be 100% accountable for any action, past or present, resulting from our behavior. License suspension or revocation is a consequence directly related to our behavior. However, not all nursing board decisiona are fair, some being grossly unfair and ultimately unrelated to protection of the public or the qualifications of the nurse. What about that group? I am not going to go into my situation right now, as I am still researching to find out how unfair what I consider to be unfair really is. What I will say is that nursing board advice is often not in the best interest of the recovering nurse, and sometimes based on motives that no one would like to ever admit, i.e. ignorance, being too lazy to do extra work, personal conflict, having a bad day, need I go on? For example, I was told it would really be a waist of time to show up at my own hearing. Despite my addiction, I am very lucky to have never harmed anyone in my professional environment and was originally compromised for the single fact that I had a history of addiction. Why are recovering nurses compromised due to the simple fact that they are addicts? Someday, there will be enough trully recovering nurses who have been victimized by nursing boards to take effective action, though right now I have no idea what it takes to effect change in rigid regulatory agencies that write their nurses off rather than take a little time to get more data and see the real picture. Protecting the public is a huge responsibility, but hiding motives like laziness, ignorance, and descrimination behind the noble responsibility of protecting the public is not protecting anyone at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chandler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Help stop panhandling. 12 hr jerk 6
Apex Fun Run Review 12 hr Weirded out Parent 168
Kenny Robertson Thu Curious 1
Review: KJR Towing Mar 24 Chris is Mesa 1
News Chandler homicide investigation leads to 2 unre... (Apr '12) Mar 2 rider 2
Review: Budget Web PRO Feb '15 Paul 1
News Chandler police chief wants body cameras Feb '15 Peter 1
Chandler Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web