probation from ncbon
mad in eden

High Point, NC

#1 Aug 12, 2011
I ony recieved my lpn licensue in march 2010.A md that i worked for in 2008 before I even recieved my license waited until after he found out from another nursse that he also accused ( but nothing was done to her) that I had recieved my lpn license. Then that April he filed charges that I wrote prescrpitions for myself and filed a complaint with the ncbon. I was told at first that since this happened before i recieved my licensure that it did not matter, but 2 months later i recieved a letter that I needed to come to raleigh to meet with mrs. mooney, at that time i explained that at first the receptionist who reported this told the doctor that she found the medications from the other nurse, and he called the other nurse at home and chewed her out, then at the end of the day the tables were turned and he said he was told that I did it. I was informed my mrs mooney at board that it would look better for me if if "voluntarily" surrender my license. I have never been through anything like this before so i did. Then 6 months later i petitioned the board for renewal after 4 months of a very strenous compliance packet, that included 5 months of drug screens (15 in all), only to find out today after leaving boards ( my their attorney) that I did not have to surrender my license, nor did I have to accept a 90-98 from my attorney, of which I did not know that meant "no contest" to the charges. This all made me look guilty in their eye sight but no one ever explained to me that I did not have to "voluntarily surrender my license" as a sign of guilt nor accepting and doing what my attorney advised me to do with the 90-98 until now that it is all over and again I am on another 6 months of random drug screens (i have to take prescription medication for severe migraines and sciatia). Plus that have re-instated my license with a probation period again for a year. I have not been able to work as a LPN since I recieved my license in 2010, the only thing that I have done is paid over 10,000 dollars to the board and attorney for nothing. I feel that this is very wrong that they can do this, especially since this all was before I even recieved my license and I have worked 35 years in a hospital and medical office and never have had any complaints as this and not even had a speeding ticket or any run ins with the law. But yet I worked with a nurse with 3 felonies ( one while working in our office, and the md asked her how much money would it take to get her out of trouble and would not even let the office manager fire her, alsl we have had nurses come to work at the hospital drunk and on drugs but the board told me and my husband that they had an obligation to protect the public. I have never done anything to endanger the public nor any of my clients but yet i have been put on probation already for one year,now for another years.
Please someone please give me some advice!!!!!!!!!!
jandaid

Mantua, OH

#2 Mar 28, 2012
Sounds like you were rode hard and put up wet. They do not appear to care. I say that cuz I spent all my money which wasn't much to fight something I did not do. Was finally told years later that the attorney was piss poor, I finally also pleaded no contest and it wasn't helpful at all. No one believes you except those who know you and in todays world, everyone is looking out only for you. Its a process but in time you will be working as an LPN and this will become a distant nightmare. Breathe, don't expect too much from yourself, one day at a time.
A real nurse

United States

#3 Jun 10, 2012
mad in eden wrote:
I ony recieved my lpn licensue in march 2010.A md that i worked for in 2008 before I even recieved my license waited until after he found out from another nursse that he also accused ( but nothing was done to her) that I had recieved my lpn license. Then that April he filed charges that I wrote prescrpitions for myself and filed a complaint with the ncbon. I was told at first that since this happened before i recieved my licensure that it did not matter, but 2 months later i recieved a letter that I needed to come to raleigh to meet with mrs. mooney, at that time i explained that at first the receptionist who reported this told the doctor that she found the medications from the other nurse, and he called the other nurse at home and chewed her out, then at the end of the day the tables were turned and he said he was told that I did it. I was informed my mrs mooney at board that it would look better for me if if "voluntarily" surrender my license. I have never been through anything like this before so i did. Then 6 months later i petitioned the board for renewal after 4 months of a very strenous compliance packet, that included 5 months of drug screens (15 in all), only to find out today after leaving boards ( my their attorney) that I did not have to surrender my license, nor did I have to accept a 90-98 from my attorney, of which I did not know that meant "no contest" to the charges. This all made me look guilty in their eye sight but no one ever explained to me that I did not have to "voluntarily surrender my license" as a sign of guilt nor accepting and doing what my attorney advised me to do with the 90-98 until now that it is all over and again I am on another 6 months of random drug screens (i have to take prescription medication for severe migraines and sciatia). Plus that have re-instated my license with a probation period again for a year. I have not been able to work as a LPN since I recieved my license in 2010, the only thing that I have done is paid over 10,000 dollars to the board and attorney for nothing. I feel that this is very wrong that they can do this, especially since this all was before I even recieved my license and I have worked 35 years in a hospital and medical office and never have had any complaints as this and not even had a speeding ticket or any run ins with the law. But yet I worked with a nurse with 3 felonies ( one while working in our office, and the md asked her how much money would it take to get her out of trouble and would not even let the office manager fire her, alsl we have had nurses come to work at the hospital drunk and on drugs but the board told me and my husband that they had an obligation to protect the public. I have never done anything to endanger the public nor any of my clients but yet i have been put on probation already for one year,now for another years.
Please someone please give me some advice!!!!!!!!!!
Thank God the NC Board of Nursing got involved. We can only hope that you are never allowed in a medical setting again. I would strongly consider a career change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chandler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New recorded gangs in Arizona.... (Jun '07) Fri Knightcape 2,174
name your gangs in arizona? (Feb '16) Nov 17 Bob Finna Beat U 7
how many nurses have had lost there license bec... (Aug '07) Nov 16 00NPbeenthere 2,734
What will Christians say if being gay is scient... (Oct '07) Nov 9 jrr 6
News Jodi Arias (Jan '13) Nov 5 Skinny Pete 259
He aint god Nov 2 jan 3
News Kevin Hartke will run for Chandler mayor in 2018 Oct '17 W Steven Martin 1

Chandler Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chandler Mortgages