Students sue Minn. district over gay ...

Students sue Minn. district over gay policy

There are 8 comments on the The News-Review story from Jul 21, 2011, titled Students sue Minn. district over gay policy. In it, The News-Review reports that:

Kyle Rooker, 14, speaks during a news conference announcing a lawsuit against the Anoka-Hennepin school district on Thursday, July 21, 2011 in Champlin, Minn.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The News-Review.

SirAndrew

Hot Springs Village, AR

#1 Jul 21, 2011
A very brave boy backed by very brave kids.
Sir Andrew

United States

#2 Jul 21, 2011
What idiot marked my post as spam??? If you don't know what these things mean, and don't know what spam is, you really shouldn't be operating a computer. Go on back to your corner and make something else out of your PlayDough. How about a nice whale? That should be easy enough for you. But please stay out of the adult conversations.
Aida Lott

Phillipsburg, NJ

#3 Jul 21, 2011
The one thing everyone understands is money. When this school system gets tired of paying out settlements from law-suits, they will change their tune.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#4 Jul 21, 2011
SirAndrew wrote:
A very brave boy backed by very brave kids.
Those who marked this post negatively are probably the same type of children who are bullies in school themselves.

These types only operate when they can do it in situations where they think they can get away with it. When bullies get caught they are often the first ones to try to claim they are being victimized.

They are wimps when they have to stand alone.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#10 Jul 22, 2011
SFer wrote:
Exactly how many drugs are you taking and in what quantity?
<quoted text>
It scampers through sites here and there, giggling like a demented school girl, then runs and hides for a couple of months until it feels like coming out again. Harmless and stupid, not worth the trouble.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#11 Jul 22, 2011
fr FAQHATER:

>A bully ... headstone. <

(Snipped for obvious reasons)

Please STOP the spam.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Silver Spring, MD

#13 Jul 22, 2011
Sir Andrew wrote:
What idiot marked my post as spam??? If you don't know what these things mean....
Why would you assume or post that a homophobic hater would not know what spam is? What an odd way of thinking.

Obviously the sexually disordered cretins wish to attach any and all negative icons to any pro glbt or sensible post that they can.

The proper response is not a naive, "Don't you what spam is?" It's, "fck you mentally ill, talibangelical, bigoted scum and the jeeebus you rode in on."
Rob

United States

#14 Jul 28, 2011
God bless this child for standing up for equality and to stop the madness of bullying. Ben Cohen, a retired Rugby player in the UK has started a foundation Called the Ben Cohen Stand Up Foundation. We need more folks like Ben - a model athlete who has enough sense to know that we all deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. Are local churches doing anything? Does it take an athlete to get the word out? Regardless - thank you Ben Cohen!

http://www.acceptance.ben-cohen.com/

"I am passionate about standing up against homophobia and feel compelled to take action. It is time we stand up for what is right and support young people who are being harmed. As athletes, it is not enough just to have strong bodies. We must have strong characters and use our voices to support those who need and deserve it.

Every person on this planet has a right to be true to themselves, to love and be loved, and to be happy. I encourage others to stand up with me and make a difference. Stand up for equality, stand up against bullying."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Champlin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hy-Vee CEO talks expansion of Wahlburgers and g... May 22 kddlawzoo 1
Bathroom remodel May 17 Anonymous 1
Minnesota Permit to Carry Class Apr '18 Ahillian 1
Shopper City (Mar '06) Feb '18 Roger 44
Best cakes in the U S A Jan '18 chickenpicken 1
Stonybrook, LOVE IT OR HATE IT? (Jun '11) Dec '17 tired of it 26
News Lawmakers hint at possible constitutional amend... Dec '17 YouDidntBuildThat 3

Champlin Jobs

Personal Finance

Champlin Mortgages