New Border Patrol station to be built...

New Border Patrol station to be built in Burke

There are 13 comments on the www.pressrepublican.com story from Nov 1, 2008, titled New Border Patrol station to be built in Burke. In it, www.pressrepublican.com reports that:

The U.S. Border Patrol is replacing or renovating eight local stations in part of New York and Vermont as part of a national plan to build 76 new facilities across the U.S.-Canadian border.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.pressrepublican.com.

“Whats the haps peeps”

Since: Aug 07

Jacksonville, Fl

#1 Nov 1, 2008
Thats pretty cool i for one would join the BR if not for the fact you have too do 2 years on the Mexican border before you get choice of station what a crock for someone retired from the military.
Manuel Labore

Leesburg, FL

#2 Nov 1, 2008
James, you are correct. I can tell you from personal experience that these officer have a tough road, especially during training in California, AZ and at the border crossing to Mexico. My friends son just got appointed earlier this year and loves it. He was a 10 year Marine veteran and they transferred all that time. Starting pay kind of low in the mid 30's but good benefits, a lot of OT and after 5 years I think he said he can make 60k. God bless these officers and keep them safe.
deported

Ashfield, MA

#4 Dec 27, 2009
mr max peabody wrote:
they need to patrol the border not the back roads
Boy are you a smart one. The borders are on the back roads!!! Idiot.
JohnELaw

Massena, NY

#6 Dec 27, 2009
mr max peabody wrote:
they are??? since when??? your not to bright are you, bet you would let them search your car without a warrent, your a tool
Idiot, they do not need a warrant. They only need reasonable suspicion to search a vehicle. Being close to the border in a known smuggling area is almost by itself to the point of reasonable suspicion. Check your facts before you spew garbage.
Droopy Draws

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Dec 27, 2009
Reasonable suspicion is all they need. Border patrol are not the cops. Border patrol has same authority as FBI and CIA.Gov ernment employees and not local or state. The checkpoints are getting pretty predictable in the area. not so much a matter of when, but where the checkpoints will be. And besides, the boder patrol alway's have a trooper with them so the law can be upheld in the state you are in and write your tickets. The moral of my story is "People with nothing to hide, hide nothing".
my secret hero

Syracuse, NY

#10 Dec 27, 2009
you got pulled over? used your sensible control - didn't flip out? Hummm, yeah, I know who you are -- under any other circumstance you would kick ass
border patrol

United States

#11 May 4, 2010
Border Patrol needs probable cause to search a vehicle incident to arrest or consent. And at the Port of Entry they need nothing. Look it up. 8 CFR 287. Border Patrol is given athority under title 8, 19 and 21, and can enforce any FEDERAL law unless deemed a peace officer granted by state jurisdiction.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#12 May 5, 2010
border patrol wrote:
Border Patrol needs probable cause to search a vehicle incident to arrest or consent. And at the Port of Entry they need nothing. Look it up. 8 CFR 287. Border Patrol is given athority under title 8, 19 and 21, and can enforce any FEDERAL law unless deemed a peace officer granted by state jurisdiction.
Is the Patriot act still enforced? Patriot act was special powers I think?
Mr Max Peabody

Camden, NY

#13 May 8, 2010
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
what a waste

Waterloo, Canada

#15 Nov 7, 2010
I would like to hold Max down and give him a pink belly.
Really

La Fayette, NY

#16 Nov 7, 2010
JohnELaw wrote:
<quoted text>Idiot, they do not need a warrant. They only need reasonable suspicion to search a vehicle. Being close to the border in a known smuggling area is almost by itself to the point of reasonable suspicion. Check your facts before you spew garbage.
Fortunately, John, this isn't entirely a police state YET. Border or not, we do live here and we do have RIGHTS.
missing my hicks

Anonymous Proxy

#17 Nov 7, 2010
The Border Patrol were always friendly to me. Guess that's what I get for not breaking the law.
what a waste

Waterloo, Canada

#18 Nov 7, 2010
Probable Cause, Consent, Warrant are the three ways that BP can search in your car. Better yet abide by the law and be respectful and you have nothing to worry about.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Champlain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Over-fed,long haired old guy (Jun '17) Dec '17 Alexander DeLarge 2
Eastcoast4wd Oct '17 Bobby 1
News Governor Cuomo Announces $2.5 Million Competiti... Sep '17 shaqwan 4
News Cornwall residents say they're ready to help fl... Aug '17 Cornwall Corn-Hole 2
News Illegal border crossing jump in Northern New York Jul '17 many not as lucky 1
Town wide Garage Sale Jul '17 Lolly Pop 1
Haunted (May '12) May '17 area 12

Champlain Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Champlain Mortgages