Immigrant family's wrong turn puts th...

Immigrant family's wrong turn puts them on tragic path

There are 6 comments on the Bennington Banner story from Apr 26, 2008, titled Immigrant family's wrong turn puts them on tragic path. In it, Bennington Banner reports that:

A simple wrong turn led to the destruction of Elvia Salgado Martinez's family. It was about 2 a.m. when she and her husband, Santiago Tapia, left the motel on Route 9 in Keeseville, nestled between the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bennington Banner.

Proud Conservative

Montpelier, VT

#1 Apr 26, 2008
You can wrap it up in a pretty package and put a sad spin on it, but the fact remains they were here illegally.
concerned

Boston, MA

#2 Apr 26, 2008
They came here illegally, To do a job that I suspect an american would have been paid twice the amount to perform. And thats one more American out of work. I can only assume they came here for the health care aswell and I doubt they had any intention on paying for. If they cant make a living in there own country, how did they expect to come here and pay for health care that no one can afford. I welcome all who are willing to do things legally.
WKG

Crawford, TX

#3 Apr 26, 2008
To 'Proud Conservative'- You are not a conservative. You are an unfeeling, fascist pig! I don't believe in illegal immigration either, but your lack of compassion reveals your racism.
dan

Ashfield, MA

#4 Apr 26, 2008
Don't blame the police...why didn't they call 911 in the begining instead of driving around look for a hospital in an area they were not familiar with. It's a tragedy they could have prevented themselves.
shannon

Seiling, OK

#5 Oct 12, 2008
Wow does anyone ever stop to look pass the legal technacalities of this and just see the people for being human beings. Would it have been any different if were legal but still didn't speak english? I know alot of mexican who have their legal papers and still do not speak english!!

“Barking up a tree!”

Since: Jun 08

Bennington

#6 Oct 12, 2008
Thank you for visiting Bennington Banner. We are sorry the article that you requested is no longer available. Please search for this article in our archive search.

Now I cant read the article cause it was back in April. My sympathies to any family members who has a relative that dies needlessly.

That said, Mexico has plenty of money! But the Government wont let the people have any of it.

I just don't understand why people have a problem with the Word "Illegal" what don't you understand?
and why do Illegals have more rights that we Americans?....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Champlain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shannon Rizzotto May '16 Too Familiar 2
First year supt? (Sep '15) Nov '15 Gygy 6
Sue shedrick (Sep '15) Sep '15 Whooooo 1
Gerald Menard (Feb '15) Jul '15 Gas 2
News This weekend in the Adirondacks (Jun '15) Jun '15 Iindict ann coulter 2
Chazy Market and Deli ? (Dec '13) May '15 none 5
News Former Stamford, N.Y. Mortgage Broker Arrested ... (Jun '10) Feb '15 Rose 4

Champlain Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Champlain Mortgages