Family Fare: June5, 2010

Jun 5, 2010 Read more: Press-Republican

Welcome to our new online comments feature. In a change from our previous article comments system, before you can join the discussion, you must first register with Disqus and verify your email address.

Read more
Anna

Hendersonville, NC

#1 Jun 6, 2010
Wonder what the Asheville residents think of Chad Nesbitt. He's part of the Carolina Stompers, which at first thought was just a clogging team, lol!
Nope, they actually FIGHT for people's right, can you IMAGINE in the state of NC?
We must have the MOST civil rights violations on the east coast, I'm afraid!

Sad, but true.. I can certainly give you examples that have been printed in the news if you don't believe me.

Well, I just read he's fighting a former Commissioner who owns a trailer park, whose water for the residents is SO dirty, people are actually getting SICK.
Just read this in the Asheville Tribune!

You go Mr. Nesbitt.. a politician who will ACTUALLY fight for the LITTLE PEOPLE..(i.e. folks with low income)!
I like your style too, you got guts.. Thank the Lord.....An Asheville politician with some courage to stand up for what's right!
I love his last comment to the corrupt landlord, ;

His comment to David Young, a former Commissioner of Buncombe county, goes as follows: "We also suggest David Young come down and have a drink of his own water with the people that live at Eden Glenn Mobile Home Park."
Would you believe that parents were having to wash their clothes in the creek that flows throgh the middle of the park?
It's said that living conditions are deplorable.

Hey, instead of passing the draconian Anti-Tether Law (which BTW, does NOT get enforced until 2011), pay NO attention to the deceitful people who will tell you it's already in effect and you'll be arrested, not true, all you get is a $50 fine, btw...) try passing a darn law that actually PROTECTS the renter's rights here in the town of Asheville, NC council!!

You gotta realize that Asheville is the MOST expensive state to live in, in all of NC! You must ALSO realize that there are hardly NO good jobs here.
If you come to asheville, have a PILE of money in your pocket/bank account, or have a job ALREADY lined up when you get here.
Or, you'll be destitute soon.
Yeah..and the rents are outrageous and so many times, the landlord, even if it's for a public business do NOT fix things in a timely manner, or even AT ALL!
I think, to my mind's eye, that could be consider public endangerment!
Gosh, I'd LOVE to work for a Civil Rights Firm!!

Okay, so you come to Asheville, cannot afford to BUY a home, or cannot qualify for a mortgage (and trust me, they are NOT easy to get nowadays) so you rent.

Your landlord, even if he's a public official, refuses to even THINK about fixing a serious problem.
What we need are some stiff stiff fines for the landlord who do NOT follow the housing codes. The ones where the water is not safe to drink, there are electrical hazards that constitute a fire hazard, there are hazards that pose an immediate safety issue to the tenant, that the landlord refuses to fix AT ALL, that put your very health or life in jeopardy!

I mean, come on now, Asheville, you hail yourself as a "progressive" town, yet daily, thousands of tenants in your city are forced to live in squallor or fear for their very lives because their negligent landlords don't want to spend a dime to fix stuff that threatens your life or your safety!
That's like living in the dark ages, pal!
So, Asheville, GET progressive! Sounds like we got a progressive member of city council for a CHANGE!
Thank the good lord.
And SO WHAT he's conservative? You elected Cecil Bothwell, and it was said he's an atheist.. though I don't think that's true..

We are in America folks, Remember we have the RIGHT to think for ourselves, to think differently from other people and the RIGHT to voice our opinion.

You know.. so many times, I feel I'm living in a communist country, when I come to Asheville, and read the stuff I do... Sad, very sad...
ThePRisnogood

New York, NY

#2 Jun 9, 2010
Anna wrote:
Wonder what the Asheville residents think of Chad Nesbitt. He's part of the Carolina Stompers, which at first thought was just a clogging team, lol!
Nope, they actually FIGHT for people's right, can you IMAGINE in the state of NC?
Sad, but true.. I can certainly give you examples that have been printed in the news if you don't believe me.
Well, I just read he's fighting a former Commissioner who owns a trailer park, whose water for the residents is SO dirty, people are actually getting SICK.
You go Mr. Nesbitt.. a politician who will ACTUALLY fight for the LITTLE PEOPLE..(i.e. folks with low income)!
I like your style too, you got guts.. Thank the Lord.....An Asheville politician with some courage to stand up for what's right!
His comment to David Young, a former Commissioner of Buncombe county, goes as follows: "We also suggest David Young come down and have a drink of his own water with the people that live at Eden Glenn Mobile Home Park."
Would you believe that parents were having to wash their clothes in the creek that flows throgh the middle of the park?
Hey, instead of passing the draconian Anti-Tether Law (which BTW, does NOT get enforced until 2011), pay NO attention to the deceitful people who will tell you it's already in effect and you'll be arrested, not true, all you get is a $50 fine, btw...) try passing a darn law that actually PROTECTS the renter's rights here in the town of Asheville, NC council!!
You gotta realize that Asheville is the MOST expensive state to live in, in all of NC! You must ALSO realize that there are hardly NO good jobs here.
If you come to asheville, have a PILE of money in your pocket/bank account, or have a job ALREADY lined up when you get here.
Yeah..and the rents are outrageous and so many times, the landlord, even if it's for a public business do NOT fix things in a timely manner, or even AT ALL!
Okay, so you come to Asheville, cannot afford to BUY a home, or cannot qualify for a mortgage (and trust me, they are NOT easy to get nowadays) so you rent.
Your landlord, even if he's a public official, refuses to even THINK about fixing a serious problem.
What we need are some stiff stiff fines for the landlord who do NOT follow the housing codes. The ones where the water is not safe to drink, there are electrical hazards that constitute a fire hazard, there are hazards that pose an immediate safety issue to the tenant, that the landlord refuses to fix AT ALL, that put your very health or life in jeopardy!
I mean, come on now, Asheville, you hail yourself as a "progressive" town, yet daily, thousands of tenants in your city are forced to live in squallor or fear for their very lives because their negligent landlords don't want to spend a dime to fix stuff that threatens your life or your safety!
So, Asheville, GET progressive! Sounds like we got a progressive member of city council for a CHANGE!
Thank the good lord.
And SO WHAT he's conservative? You elected Cecil Bothwell, and it was said he's an atheist.. though I don't think that's true..
We are in America folks, Remember we have the RIGHT to think for ourselves, to think differently from other people and the RIGHT to voice our opinion.
You know.. so many times, I feel I'm living in a communist country, when I come to Asheville, and read the stuff I do... Sad, very sad...
wow, did you lose your point of bearing?
ummmm...this is new york...?
(and they walk amongst us as well.....)
hey!- get a refresh on the meds also....nutjob.
ThePRisnogood

New York, NY

#3 Jun 9, 2010
Anna wrote:
Thank the good lord.
wow
we got a nutjob here.
get new script for a meds refresher.
Deletethis

Irvine, CA

#4 Jun 9, 2010
A waste of space.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Champlain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gerald Menard Feb '15 Rose 1
News Former Stamford, N.Y. Mortgage Broker Arrested ... (Jun '10) Feb '15 Rose 4
News IP says crapping Ticonderoga gas pipeline neces... Feb '15 loving arms 2
News Author takes a look at bootlegging in the north... (Aug '14) Dec '14 Crow 4
News Altona man arrested for sexually abusing child Dec '14 Ugg 4
taxes in altona Dec '14 horseman 2
News Wind turbine collapses today near Malone (Mar '09) Aug '14 Barry4480 73
More from around the web

Champlain People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]