Homeland Security? It's as lame as its leader

Full story: Newsday

Here are two reasons the American people don't trust the federal government to keep them secure - and why the immigration deal is likely to fail, cracking up on the rocks of public mistrust.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of64
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Greg F

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2007

So ... our borders remain open even to people on a list to be aprehended, like the fellow with TB ... 5 years into a war against foreign terrorists. The government's response with the McCain-Kennedy amnesty bill is to legalize illegal aliens status, with only 24 hours to check their terrorist connections and criminal history, and so encourage further illegal entry. I don't know about you, but 24 hours is not long enough for me to research anything with confidence... it takes me longer to look into what sort of stroller I want to buy. And Bush's response has been fail to enforce existing laws against illegals while supporting the bill giving amnesty. I don't know about you ... but 5 years is long enough for me to act to solve any problem. It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham.
chaser605

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2007

Pink hit the nail on the head. This guy should be president. The gov't customizes everything to their advantage. And hell yea. So do I. But when i do it I'm a fuck up. But when they do it it, it's justifiable. What can we do? Well at the minimum we can be aware of it.
ami

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2007

Why was the border guard who let Mr.TB through not fired, but reassigned instead? Is it that hard to hire people. Maybe we can hire illegal aliens, after all it takes one to know one.
Chris

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2007

The government doesn't "fix" these things because the politicians who run it have no incentive to. 9/11 gave W. a huge political boost. It was nothing but a positive for him. We rewarded him for being asleep at the wheel.(If he'd been successful in Iraq, he'd be President for life right now.) Even if there were another attack on U.S. soil, he can rely on the 20-30% of Americans who comprise his cult of personality and will gladly intimidate anyone who opposes him. None of the Democrats and Republican running for President can really call him on it. They were asleep at the wheel on 9/11, too, so what are they going to say? Even if they do stand up to him no one is really going to go to war for them politically. They're too compromised. W's still got a base of zealots and that's more than anyone else has got.
Point of Order

Fort Lee, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2007

They don't call TSA the Travel Suppression Agency for no reason...
Greg F

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2007

Another "victory" for homeland security! Senate just voted down Cornyn's amendment to the amnesty bill barring criminals from recieving amnesty. Only "certain gang members" and sexual criminals to be barred. Bomb makers? They are ok. Muslim illegal aliens misusing credit cards? A-OK, give them government benefits. Murderers get their Z visa. Armed robbers are soon to be legal residents and soon to be released onto the streets given the typical sentence for armed robbery. This Senate is a hideous mockery of what they should be.
jim

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2007

ALREADYYYY THEN....
With all the idiots that the american people voted for, who needs friends. Where ever american tourist goes, they are always the target of some group of people who have a grudge agains the policies that the government, not the people make.
Tell them to wake the government, their relatives, their entire generations of useless imbreading from tx......
There does seem to be any problem in Ireland with police with sub machine guns and through bag searches. Oh yeah, you have to get to the airport two hour early, americans are just too stupid lazy to show up on time for anything.
hating Americans

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2007

I hate all the Bush Cheney supporters,The governments Irish employee clans,the billionaire crowd.Maybe I'm just a backwoods hillbilly but I feel much better when these types aren't around.
Tbone

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2007

hating Americans wrote:
I hate all the Bush Cheney supporters,The governments Irish employee clans,the billionaire crowd.Maybe I'm just a backwoods hillbilly but I feel much better when these types aren't around.
...you are...
Brown Sugar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2007

ami wrote:
Why was the border guard who let Mr.TB through not fired, but reassigned instead? Is it that hard to hire people. Maybe we can hire illegal aliens, after all it takes one to know one.
His union is likely defending him.
Brown Sugar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2007

hating Americans wrote:
I would add one more thing. You apparently are an ignorant, backwoods hillbilly from the left coast.
markwardlaw

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2007

Brown Sugar-
You're a lot closer to "backwoods hillbilly" country than we are on the left coast. That term never has applied to us. In fact, I think you're bigoted regarding us fine Americans out here on the Pacific coast.
get_a_clue

Fort Lee, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2007

Brown Sugar wrote:
<quoted text>
You apparently are an ignorant, backwoods hillbilly from the left coast.
Whereas you are an ignorant, backwoods hillbilly from Cowtown. Shoe fits?
Tbone

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2007

Afterdowningstreet org wrote:
THE VIEW FROM CENTCOM....So what do former CENTCOM commanders think about the neocons and their war planning? Let's listen in:
http://tinyurl.com/2rh9c
General Joseph Hoar, 1991-1994: "Paul Wolfowitz is a very bright guy, but he doesn't know anything about war-fighting, and I suspect he knows less about counterinsurgency operations....I think that the neo-conservatives had their day, by selling to the President the need for invasion of Iraq. I think it's now time for a clean sweep—and it has been for some time, in my judgment—to get rid of these people."
General Anthony Zinni, 1997-2000: He believes the neocons, including Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz and Douglas Feith, the undersecretary of defense, have hijacked U.S. foreign policy: "In the lead-up to the Iraq war and its later conduct, I saw, at minimum, true dereliction, negligence and irresponsibility; at worst, lying, incompetence and corruption."
General Tommy Franks, 2000-2003: Doug Feith is "the fucking stupidest guy on the face of the earth."
General Binford Peay III, CENTCOM commander from 1994-1997, seems to have maintained a studious silence about the conduct of the war, perhaps understandable since he's now the chairman of the board of a defense contractor that, among other things, provides ammunition for the Army's Stryker brigades.
Still, that's a pretty remarkable record, isn't it? Three of the past four CENTCOM commanders, the guys who probably understand the military requirements of a war in the Middle East better than any other humans on the planet, think the people who planned this war are completely incompetent. Quite an accomplishment.
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/ind...
Veterans Against Bush Republican War Sissy’s
http://www.ringoffireradio.com/video/WS%20Jan...
Doug Feith Cooked The Books For Bush
http://www.afterdowningstreet.org/downloads/a...
...Zinni and Hoar were real dumb-asses themselves...Franks was all show and even dumber...now they're selling books...I might say some of the things they are to make a buck...that is, if what you've cut and pasted is true...
Musician

Rockwall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2007

markwardlaw wrote:
Brown Sugar-
You're a lot closer to "backwoods hillbilly" country than we are on the left coast. That term never has applied to us. In fact, I think you're bigoted regarding us fine Americans out here on the Pacific coast.
You are correct that "backwoods hillbilly" does not apply to you left-coasters. That would be an insult to all "backwoods hillbillies." :-)
Brown Sugar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2007

markwardlaw wrote:
Brown Sugar-
Dearest Mark, you are, in fact, a fairy. And, I'm trying to be kind with regards to your status. Go ahead, look up the word, fairy.
Brown Sugar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2007

Tbone wrote:
<quoted text>
...Zinni and Hoar were real dumb-asses themselves...Franks was all show and even dumber...now they're selling books...I might say some of the things they are to make a buck...that is, if what you've cut and pasted is true...
Unfortunately, at least for the U.S., many people in key positions in government knew when to jump ship; and in doing so, betrayed their positions of trust, and let this president, and the the American people, down in a big way. Frankly, I have never seen anything like it; disappointment doesn't come near to describing my deepest feelings in this regard. But, what else could have been expected after eight (8) years of the Clintons. They destroyed federal law enforcement and nearly all ability to gather reliable intelligence by the CIA, NSA et al. Valerie P.W. is good example of what was done to the CIA; nothing short of a political whore.
Brown Sugar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2007

get_a_clue wrote:
<quoted text>
Whereas you are an ignorant, backwoods hillbilly from Cowtown. Shoe fits?
Whereas you are without gray matter between the ears; and whereas you reside in a shythole; and whereas it is very doubtful you that you know anything whatsoever about Cowtown; and whereas your use of legal language is faulty; and whereas I do not give a d@mn what you think or write, you filthy frigging NY fairy.
Brown Sugar

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2007

Greg F wrote:
Another "victory" for homeland security! Senate just voted down Cornyn's amendment to the amnesty bill barring criminals from recieving amnesty. Only "certain gang members" and sexual criminals to be barred. Bomb makers? They are ok. Muslim illegal aliens misusing credit cards? A-OK, give them government benefits. Murderers get their Z visa. Armed robbers are soon to be legal residents and soon to be released onto the streets given the typical sentence for armed robbery. This Senate is a hideous mockery of what they should be.
Well, at least the pending bill was shelved. None of those politicos in DC are representing the people who elected them, not even our man Cornyn. I was sent a copy of a very recent letter of reply to a friend of mine in the San Antonio area from Sen. Cornyn. Nothing but garbage and DC government speak. I was asked to interpret the letter's content and meaning. Impossible, just garbage; and he is a Republican; and I am a conservative Republican. Damn! These so-called guest workers are raping our entire system.
Tbone

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2007

Brown Sugar wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, at least for the U.S., many people in key positions in government knew when to jump ship; and in doing so, betrayed their positions of trust, and let this president, and the the American people, down in a big way. Frankly, I have never seen anything like it; disappointment doesn't come near to describing my deepest feelings in this regard. But, what else could have been expected after eight (8) years of the Clintons. They destroyed federal law enforcement and nearly all ability to gather reliable intelligence by the CIA, NSA et al. Valerie P.W. is good example of what was done to the CIA; nothing short of a political whore.
...you're right Brown...the CIA and NSA became way to 'politico' and useless under the Clintons-thereby they could control it for their means, not the country's...plame was just a slut, til she began to sign movie deals to make money onher little fake soap opera...that's when she became a bonafide whore...wonder if she owns a blue dress...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of64
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Clinton County was issued at April 17 at 11:31AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Champlain Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Champlain Jobs

•••
•••