Lake Champlain ferry planned by month...

Lake Champlain ferry planned by month's end

There are 6 comments on the www.burlingtonfreepress.com story from Jan 21, 2010, titled Lake Champlain ferry planned by month's end. In it, www.burlingtonfreepress.com reports that:

Work continued Wednesday on ramps for a planned ferry service near the now-destroyed Lake Champlain Bridge, but a firm opening date for the ferry remains uncertain.

The bridge was a key commuter route between New York state and Addison County, but the span was closed in October after inspections showed dangerous deterioration. The bridge was demolished in December, and a new span is scheduled to open in 2011.

A ferry just south of the bridge site is expected to help commuters travel between Vermont and New York while a new bridge is built.

Vermont Transportation Agency spokesman John Zicconi said an opening date has not been set, but the construction is on pace to allow the ferry to start operating sometime near the end of the month, as originally planned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.burlingtonfreepress.com.

happy

Cobleskill, NY

#1 Jan 21, 2010
I hope this happens on schedule. I have been traveling to Essex to take the Ferry over to get to Burlington. It is not the best road to travel coming out of Essex at night. I for one will be glad when the new ferry opens and makes travel easier for all.
port henry

Bolton Landing, NY

#2 Jan 21, 2010
amen to that!!!!!!!!!!
oh well

Cobleskill, NY

#5 Jan 24, 2010
Has anyone heard any more news on the Ferry in Crown Point?
happy wrote:
I hope this happens on schedule. I have been traveling to Essex to take the Ferry over to get to Burlington. It is not the best road to travel coming out of Essex at night. I for one will be glad when the new ferry opens and makes travel easier for all.
info

Schoharie, NY

#6 Jan 24, 2010
i was told that they are hoping to be ready by first week in february and that the warm weather has been a blessing for the workers...we all can't wait until it is ready..
tired commuter

Schenectady, NY

#7 Jan 24, 2010
info wrote:
i was told that they are hoping to be ready by first week in february and that the warm weather has been a blessing for the workers...we all can't wait until it is ready..
I was told tonight that the ny side of the ramps are done its just VT that has to complete. This ferry can't get done soon enough for me - traveling two hours both ways is getting old quick. I pray your time frame is right.
bridge lover

United States

#8 Jan 24, 2010
is it done yet

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Champlain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shannon Rizzotto May 20 Too Familiar 2
First year supt? (Sep '15) Nov '15 Gygy 6
Sue shedrick (Sep '15) Sep '15 Whooooo 1
Gerald Menard (Feb '15) Jul '15 Gas 2
News This weekend in the Adirondacks (Jun '15) Jun '15 Iindict ann coulter 2
Chazy Market and Deli ? (Dec '13) May '15 none 5
News Former Stamford, N.Y. Mortgage Broker Arrested ... (Jun '10) Feb '15 Rose 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Champlain Mortgages