Marina owners: Free dock space hurtin...

Marina owners: Free dock space hurting business

There are 3 comments on the Capital News 9 story from Aug 30, 2010, titled Marina owners: Free dock space hurting business. In it, Capital News 9 reports that:

Most boaters would view free dock space and electricity as a good thing, but for owners of nearby marinas that rely on boat traffic to stay in business, it's a major damper.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Capital News 9.

Jamie Groff

Queensbury, NY

#1 Sep 5, 2010
Wow I never expected to see Robert Elmy on the news crying about his business that he now cant afford. When the previous owners owned it u never seen them crying on the news!!!!! Robert Elmy lost alot of business when he took over the whitehall park & Marina because of how ignorant he is, the Park was a beautiful spot for our family and my family members made that park a beautiful vacation spot not just for our family but for all who came. Check the records and you will see how fast everyone pulled out of the Whitehall Park & Marina after Mr. Elmy claimed ownership. He let the ownership get to his head and now hes crying about the freewall, that is the town and please keep the freewall up.
Jamie Groff

Queensbury, NY

#2 Sep 5, 2010
He also would not have to depend on the boat traffic to stay on business if he didn't run all of his campers out of the park. He would have alot of seasonal incomes as for we never moved our campers out of the park. But his girlfriend played a big part in him loosing his income for the campsites as well. So Mr. Elmy if you want to cry to someone cry to Barbie about her playing a role in us pulling our family campers and all other campers out of the campground at the same time.
Happy Camper

Albany, NY

#3 Sep 14, 2010
I have never seen such a group of people so ignorant (ignorant- meaning lack of knowledge to the facts and laws. I know the group of people you are referring to (good ridden to rubbish) and I have been to the campground and most rv-parks have standard leases across the board. If you don't pay the electric you are out. I think the new owners are friendly and I wish them the best of luck with everything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Champlain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Canadian politics 2017: The year in 12 chapters Mar 11 Concerned 7
Over-fed,long haired old guy (Jun '17) Dec '17 Alexander DeLarge 2
Eastcoast4wd Oct '17 Bobby 1
News Governor Cuomo Announces $2.5 Million Competiti... Sep '17 shaqwan 4
News Cornwall residents say they're ready to help fl... (Aug '17) Aug '17 Cornwall Corn-Hole 2
News Illegal border crossing jump in Northern New York (Jul '17) Jul '17 many not as lucky 1
Town wide Garage Sale (Jul '17) Jul '17 Lolly Pop 1

Champlain Jobs

Personal Finance

Champlain Mortgages