The Press Republican - Ti woman helped land Lowe's development

Apr 21, 2009 Full story: www.pressrepublican.com 8

A Ticonderoga woman may have been instrumental in bringing a Lowe's home center to the Four Corners here.

Jorja Sanders of Sanders Realty said she convinced a Lowe's scout to tour the area, and then did research for the home-improvement giant on traffic patterns and home ownership.

Full Story
Wake Up

Rensselaer, NY

#1 Apr 22, 2009
Yes, it creates jobs, but what about the people at the local stores that get displaced? Big box stores are convenient, but they do have a price.

When you get a chance, watch: Walmart: The High Cost of Low Price... http://www.walmartmovie.com/

Just some things to think about. Please try to continue to support local businesses when possible.
MXZ

Cobleskill, NY

#2 Apr 22, 2009
Yet again, the Sanders are putting themselves in the spotlight attempting to take credit for Lowe's coming to Ticonderoga. Wasn't there a front page article in the Times of Ti about this same subject not too long ago? I am sorry to say it, but I do believe that the scout for Lowe's was correct in his estimation that a Lowe's would not fly here. I have been in the store a few times and it does not seem to be generating much business. I truly hope that I am wrong about this. I hope that Lowe's does not suffer the same fate that another highly publicized Sander's development did, Dunkin Donuts. Furthermore, most people I know would not seek out credit for anything positive that might have come about as a result of something they did. The Sander's should at least attempt to be humble and stop jumping in front of every reporter that might be in the area. Talk about glory hogs!
yup

Fairport, NY

#3 Apr 22, 2009
They don't jump in front of the reporters. THEY CALL THEM. If you notice, the reporter is usually Lohr McKinstrey. Good friend of Sanders. The dunkin donuts failed because sanders relatives funnelled the money out of the business, They stole the profits and claimed there was no business. I've been in there in they were always busy. There's more to it than they will tell you.
MXZ wrote:
Yet again, the Sanders are putting themselves in the spotlight attempting to take credit for Lowe's coming to Ticonderoga. Wasn't there a front page article in the Times of Ti about this same subject not too long ago? I am sorry to say it, but I do believe that the scout for Lowe's was correct in his estimation that a Lowe's would not fly here. I have been in the store a few times and it does not seem to be generating much business. I truly hope that I am wrong about this. I hope that Lowe's does not suffer the same fate that another highly publicized Sander's development did, Dunkin Donuts. Furthermore, most people I know would not seek out credit for anything positive that might have come about as a result of something they did. The Sander's should at least attempt to be humble and stop jumping in front of every reporter that might be in the area. Talk about glory hogs!
yup

Fairport, NY

#4 Apr 22, 2009
Do you think Lew and Jorga really care about the businesses they are putting out, they are sellfish money grubbbers who could care less about Ticonderoga. I for one don't believe they have anything to do with bringing Lowes here. However, when you decide to sell your home in our fine town, do not use SANDERS REALESTATE. Sanders is all about sanders. They are just taking credit.
Wake Up wrote:
Yes, it creates jobs, but what about the people at the local stores that get displaced? Big box stores are convenient, but they do have a price.
When you get a chance, watch: Walmart: The High Cost of Low Price... http://www.walmartmovie.com/
Just some things to think about. Please try to continue to support local businesses when possible.
bernie

Cobleskill, NY

#5 Apr 28, 2009
yup wrote:
They don't jump in front of the reporters. THEY CALL THEM. If you notice, the reporter is usually Lohr McKinstrey. Good friend of Sanders. The dunkin donuts failed because sanders relatives funnelled the money out of the business, They stole the profits and claimed there was no business. I've been in there in they were always busy. There's more to it than they will tell you. <quoted text>
Lets be kind now. From what I've heard at Wal-mart, their marriage is stressed out and liable to collapse with her mommy keeping it together on an emotional shoe string tied with adultery and lapsed forays by both, one in crown point and the other in our community building, quite close to the seat he covets so much. I see no problem in this at all. Politicos may come from opposite parties, so to speak, yet their all tainted by the same dirty brush.
Spike

AOL

#6 Apr 28, 2009
What a collection of ungrateful jackals. Go back to your crossword puzzles & stop picking on people
that are actually DOING things instead of bitching
and gossiping like a bunch of old hens.

(with apologies to jackals and old hens)
Sarah

Malone, NY

#8 May 8, 2009
She's not telling the truth. I know the person who wrote the CEO of the company over 5 years ago and he contacted her and told her he would be sending a scout out to do a feasibility study. The scout must have stopped at her office and she might have taken him on a tour of the area but that's all she did. She was not instrumental in bring Lowes to Ti.
huh

Fairport, NY

#9 May 10, 2009
what the (*#&$*&# are THEY DOING?, Do you know these people? L.is a Republican puppet and She definately wears the pants. She knows he's stupid, nothing they do has anything to improve the quality of our Ti. It's all toimprove the quality of thier life. As for L. He would throw that ole lady out if he thought he could get away with it. J is on the ball thought.
Spike wrote:
What a collection of ungrateful jackals. Go back to your crossword puzzles & stop picking on people
that are actually DOING things instead of bitching
and gossiping like a bunch of old hens.
(with apologies to jackals and old hens)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Champlain Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
taxes in altona Oct 22 horseman 1
Author takes a look at bootlegging in the north... Aug '14 Philomena 3
Wind turbine collapses today near Malone (Mar '09) Aug '14 Barry4480 73
Auto Window Tinting Jun '14 Bruegger 1
Review: Birch's Corner May '14 Julie 2
Cash denouncing Cuomo spreads across N.Y. (Apr '14) May '14 Naughtyrobot 102
Chazy Market and Deli ? (Dec '13) Mar '14 Anonymous 4
Champlain Dating
Find my Match

Champlain Jobs

Champlain People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Champlain News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Champlain

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]