Hershey given 3-years federal time fo...

Hershey given 3-years federal time for embezzlement

There are 28 comments on the Public Opinion story from Aug 27, 2010, titled Hershey given 3-years federal time for embezzlement. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Aug. 27, 2010 -- A federal judge who sentenced Chambersburg resident Terry Hershey to three years in a federal prison Friday and ordered her to repay the money she stole from her cousin's small business acknowledged that he didn't think the bulk of the money would ever be repaid.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hayseed

Geigertown, PA

#1 Aug 27, 2010
Three years in Camp Cupcake is no walk in the park. If anyone there offers you anything, just say "No thanks."
Section R

Carlisle, PA

#2 Aug 27, 2010
I hope my taxes can be raised to cover this - it is the "Democratic" way to fix everything.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#3 Aug 27, 2010
when someone does this to their own family, they must have a few screws loose. have fun in jail
Really

Chambersburg, PA

#4 Aug 27, 2010
This is just a sad situation. Hopefully the business will survive and it's a shame you can not trust those closest to you. She got what deserves.
Really now

Chambersburg, PA

#5 Aug 27, 2010
How does that much money go missing and no one is aware of it??

You can pick your nose but you can't pick your family!
Fuzz Nuts

Hanover, PA

#6 Aug 27, 2010
Just curious, what type of business is Custom Power Services?
Tobias

Waynesboro, PA

#7 Aug 27, 2010
Fuzz Nuts wrote:
Just curious, what type of business is Custom Power Services?
http://custompowerservices.com/
Malorie

Chambersburg, PA

#8 Aug 28, 2010
Doesn't the business undergo some sort of audit every year? Couldn't a tax preparer have noticed something? This is a shame.
Waynesboro resident

Chambersburg, PA

#9 Aug 28, 2010
Gee, since this was family business, didn't someone notice that the hired help was getting richer than the owner?
Call-em-llike-I- see-em

Wayne, PA

#10 Aug 28, 2010
Too bad Judge Herman isn't a federal judge. She would have just gotten probation and more probation.
Ramblin

Carlisle, PA

#11 Aug 28, 2010
Am I the only one that thinks 3 years is weak?
Her cousin is never going to see that money.
SUZE-Q

Shermans Dale, PA

#12 Aug 28, 2010
Every time I read something like this it makes me sick. For one, that people do this. and two, that there are people who do it and the organization/business can't get anyone in Franklin County to investigate it!
thethirdman

Shippensburg, PA

#13 Aug 28, 2010
she would get more than 3 years if I were king!!
Idiot

Carlisle, PA

#15 Aug 28, 2010
Have fun in jail !!!!!!! lol
Really

Greencastle, PA

#16 Aug 28, 2010
Well, 3 years is a long time to spend away from her young children. Yes, she did take away from the family business, but from what I have heard around this small town, the owner would have not missed it....as him and his formal wife live in 2 of the largest homes in Chambersburg....so who cares what she stole, as long as she pays it back. In this economy and the way the owner spent money, the business would not have survived anyway, regardless of her extra earnings. She took advantage, who hasn't...those in glass houses, should never throw stones!!!!
Colleen

Greencastle, PA

#17 Aug 29, 2010
REALLY. You have no idea what the hell your talking about! Doesn't matter how big our home is our how much money we may have. Terry Hershey, first cousin of Ken Ashlin is a THIEF. As for the business it is surviving because the leak has gone away! Don't talk about what you don't know. And as for who cares if she stole, sounds to me like your a dishonest person yourself!
Anon

Gettysburg, PA

#18 Aug 29, 2010
Really, you must have a real credible source, since his former wife doesn't even live in chambersburg, nor does she have a huge house. What does she have to do with it anyway? Hey, I have an idea, I think you have a big house so why don't I just break in and take some stuff. It's your fault for having it anyway.
disbelief

Mercersburg, PA

#19 Aug 29, 2010
I would like to know how Terry can still afford to send her 2 kids to a private school??
L Cranston

New Bloomfield, PA

#20 Aug 29, 2010
The weed of crime bears bitter fruit.
otus

Chambersburg, PA

#21 Aug 30, 2010
the husband needs to go too! he enjoyed the additions to the house, motorcycle, disney trips, new vechiles as much and she did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chambersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chambersburg man charged as child predator (Jul '08) 13 hr MHuscher 77
Information vincent martz Nov 15 Vincent e martz 4
Scott Mcswain Nov 15 Family friend 2
News McNeal found guilty of second degree felony rob... (Apr '10) Nov 10 The Wife 26
News EDITORIAL: C.Q. Smith enriches Chambersburg com... (Feb '10) Oct 31 tazzman65 16
massage parlor Oct 31 mark the trucker 5
News 70 volunteers reveal Scotland's view of the creek Oct 31 Stooley McStoolerson 3

Chambersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chambersburg Mortgages