Burning of Chambersburg re-enactment ...

Burning of Chambersburg re-enactment draws crowd, stirs pride

There are 6 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Jul 21, 2012, titled Burning of Chambersburg re-enactment draws crowd, stirs pride. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Saturday night on Memorial Square, an estimated 2,000 or more residents and visitors cheered wildly for a victory that took place almost 150 years earlier.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

Voiceofreason

Chambersburg, PA

#1 Jul 27, 2012
Arent there about 67,000 residents in cburg? There are many, many history geeks who attend civil war reenactments. Together, there were only 2,000 people who showed up at this "event". This is proof that the event was a waste of time, money, and energy. Let's get it together village idiots....
Grossbard

Ardsley, NY

#2 Jul 27, 2012
At least no one was feloniously set on fire, as happens in Gettysburg.

Gettysburg should take a lesson from Chambersburg, and get rid of the gang problem.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#3 Jul 27, 2012
Voiceofreason wrote:
Arent there about 67,000 residents in cburg?
67,000? Not quite...

There are about 20,000 in the borough; 50,000 in the "greater Chambersburg area."
Dan the Man

Gettysburg, PA

#4 Jul 27, 2012
Voiceofreason wrote:
Arent there about 67,000 residents in cburg? There are many, many history geeks who attend civil war reenactments. Together, there were only 2,000 people who showed up at this "event". This is proof that the event was a waste of time, money, and energy. Let's get it together village idiots....
How much money was spent on this event? Who funded it? Do you know?

My guess is that, of the 2,000 people who turned out, most of them don't live downtown. So local merchants had well over 1000 people downtown who aren't usually there. Sounds like a good thing to me.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#5 Jul 28, 2012
Ya know..everybody associates Gettysburg as the main Civil War battle town..but in truth..Chambersburg and other surrounding towns were involved as well..am glad to see..they held an event honoring their stance during the Civil War years..KUDOS!
Colorado Chick

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Jul 29, 2012
Ya know...... I crapped my pants

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chambersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Information vincent martz Wed Vincent e martz 4
Scott Mcswain Nov 15 Family friend 2
News McNeal found guilty of second degree felony rob... (Apr '10) Nov 10 The Wife 26
News EDITORIAL: C.Q. Smith enriches Chambersburg com... (Feb '10) Oct 31 tazzman65 16
massage parlor Oct 31 mark the trucker 5
News 70 volunteers reveal Scotland's view of the creek Oct 31 Stooley McStoolerson 3
News Trick-or-treat nights scheduled this year (Oct '09) Oct '17 Ginger 51

Chambersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chambersburg Mortgages