McNeal found guilty of second degree felony robbery of F&M Bank

There are 25 comments on the Public Opinion story from Apr 7, 2010, titled McNeal found guilty of second degree felony robbery of F&M Bank. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

A man who admitted in court today that he robbed a local bank last year was found guilty of a second degree felony by a jury who acquitted him of a first degree felony robbery charge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Not

Marcus Hook, PA

#1 Apr 7, 2010
How can anyone not see that the victims would have obviously been in fear of immediate serious bodily harm when the guy ROBBED a bank? Thumbs down jury
Half a Story Again

York, PA

#2 Apr 7, 2010
VERY lax reporting, P.O.
Once again.

Who.
What.
When.
Where.
WHY.

Thus, WHY was it decided he committed a Felony 2 and NOT a Felony 1 crime?

WHY??

If your reporter knows that he took the stand, then what were his statements explaining the WHY in why the jury made their decision?

That info is not in this news story.
that explains it

Williamsport, PA

#3 Apr 8, 2010
I guess this is why everything in the court system gets watered down sentences and dropped charges since a jury won't convict a guy who ADMITTED to robbing the bank!!!

My thanks to the jury in this case... thanks for protecting the rest of us citizens from this dirtbag.
Sorrell Moxley

Chambersburg, PA

#4 Apr 8, 2010
So what the victims say the felt was not of any importance to the jury? Seems to me thats all the proof one would need. Im certain Mr McNeal will be in the headlines again, and we can thank that jury if it happens in the time frame that he should be in prison.
someones sister

Shippensburg, PA

#5 Apr 8, 2010
i understand everybody has an opinion and i agree he should get whats coming to him... but however i am his sister. and no to some of you that want to call names like little kids im not like him...BUT how would you feel if it was your son or brother or father that i call a dirtbag.... and to sorrell im sure someday your last name or someone in your family will hit the headlines...im sure i will be on to comment on that and to that explains it.... im sure someone in your family is a dirtbag
tinman

Chambersburg, PA

#6 Apr 12, 2010
I know this dirt bag from the Franklin County Jail where this low life currently resides. He is by far one of the largest nuisances in the facility. He undermines all the rules of the facility and given the chance will assault any staff member. This individual should be thrown in a state facility and forgotten about. The only solace that I take is that he will undoubtedly become someones bitch when he enters the state system. I am sure his family is very proud of the miserable scum they have produced.
tinman

United States

#8 Apr 15, 2010
Dear "someones sister" I can assure you that neither I nor anyone in my family ever robbed a bank or did any other highly illegal activity. On the bright side for you however it appears that your brother bamboozled the jury into giving him a reduced sentence that he most certainly did not deserve. It is a waste of my time to discuss this further with you however as I'm sure people of your caliber wouldn't understand it anyway. Take solace in the fact that the next time your brother decides to break the law you can blame others for his actions as I'm sure you and your entire family has done all along. The real victims of this crime are the people he terrorized, not Mr. Mcneal as you would like to believe.
someones sister

Shippensburg, PA

#9 Apr 16, 2010
tinman im not condoning what he has done and i am very upset that he done such a terrible crime i dont know why he did what he did. i do however blame him for his stupid actions.... my dad who was shocked that he stole his truck and came down here to do that tried to help him so did i. i gave up... but my only anger is that the name calling is hurtful to his other family members that are not involved in his life or turned their backs on him.... i however havent spoke to him or seen him since a yr ago when he moved south.... its hard to hear or read these name calling when i dont know half my family and i dont have family here... yes i agree he deserves what he gets and i know first hand that he cant be trusted but im not gonna sit here and call him names...his done this to himself but reguardless of the stupid crap his done im still his sister...
Mom

Chambersburg, PA

#10 Apr 18, 2010
Wow..I'm almost sorry I looked at this page. First of all I would like to apologize to all the employees at the bank. I'm Charles' mom. I wish I could turn back the clock to the days before this happened and change them but I can't. Charles was doing so well. Looking forward to moving to Alabama with his dad. So many things started working against him. Our economy hit bottom, he was turned away for jobs, had fines to pay, no one to help finacialy, everyone was telling him that they were struggling to make ends meet. Friends he cared about were unable to put food on the table, pay their rent,water bills etc. He couldn't even help himself but wanted to help others around him. The reason they only found him with $500 was becasue he gave it all away. Matt & Cory got more than $100 by the way. His girlfriends mom got over $3,000. Where is that by the way? There is more than one person responsible but that doesn't matter now. However: if Charles' relationship with his probation officer would have been more professional this may not have happened.But thats just my opinion.
My heart goes out to mothers everywhere that struggle with the sins of the children.
someones sister

Carlisle, PA

#11 Apr 18, 2010
wow MOM... i really dont think you can blame his probation officer for this and blame friends for not providing food for him how about maybe his mom who turned him away and wouldnt listen... or maybe showed you cared. dont blame the economy for it either.. u cant just push kids out into the streets and expect a happy ending. charles needed someone in his life and you of all people shut the door in his face!!! tell that to the people why dont ya. dont make it out like your a sadden mother who lost control of charles.... you shut him out and didnt care about what happened to him and why...well cuz you had it better and you walk around thinking that!!!talk about sins of children.... how about sins of parenting???
Momshole

Carlisle, PA

#12 Apr 18, 2010
I for one am quite happy that all of this dirtbag's holes will soon be stretched and filled.
Hope it hurts!
Ohwow

Danville, VA

#13 May 21, 2011
Can we say disfunctional family everyone?
robert brink

San Antonio, TX

#14 Jun 4, 2012
Everybody does bad nomatter what it is just some get caught and some don't so before you judge anybody for what they did think about yourself. Are you perfect?

Since: Aug 11

Chambersburg, PA

#15 Jun 4, 2012
robert brink wrote:
Everybody does bad nomatter what it is just some get caught and some don't so before you judge anybody for what they did think about yourself. Are you perfect?
Don't you dare trivialize what this scumbag did. He commit a bag robbery you idiot. How do you think the employees and customers at the bank felt? People with husbands, wives, and children. People in fear for their lives. I get so sick and tired of every time a heinous crime hit the papers and the criminal is revealed there's always one or two people who pull the "well nobody is perfect" card. Screw you you liberal scumbags. You're represent all that is wrong with this nation and YOU should be sitting in the cell right next to McNeal.

Since: Aug 11

Chambersburg, PA

#16 Jun 4, 2012
**Committed a bank robbery*** <--- to correct my botched sentence in my first post.
peter tucker

Lansing, MI

#17 Jun 5, 2012
This post is two years old. Get with it...Nazi
This IS Charles McNeal

Cashtown, PA

#18 Aug 24, 2012
Wow.. Guess that outta sight outta mind thing is bullshit. I wish you idiots woulda just wrote all this stuff and mailed it to me, mail call woulda been a field day! Aight look.. Its obvious that 99% of you ppl never even met me, but you talk real crazy about me. This stuff made me laugh for real. Ya'll discussed this for 3 years tho? Really? Ima scumbag tho? A dirtbag tho? Oh and lets not forget the multiple comments about ppl hopeing I got raped in prison.. HaHa Really? One guy said I will assault staff members in the jail but then later said i'd be sumbody's bitch.. Right.. Picture that. Look, all yall is lames wit the exception of my family. Lets be clear tho, my mother NEVER turned me away.. Well its good 2 be a celeb and all that but ahh how bout all u muhfuccas keep my name outta ya mouths, cuz NONE of u weirdos would ever say it TO me cuz your pussy. you sit bacc behind your safe little computer screens and just talk about other ppl.. wow, wut a fun life u all must have. Im home, im in Chambersburg, and i aint goin no where, so just deal wit it. Start a petition or a blog or wutever it is u lames do these days. ANYONE who ACCUALLY knows me, knows who i am and wut ima bout. the rest of you just need to stop worring bout wut i do and go get a gurl or sumptin, ya'll sound pathetic...
Twinkle

Chambersburg, PA

#20 Aug 24, 2012
This IS Charles McNeal wrote:
Wow.. Guess that outta sight outta mind thing is bullshit. I wish you idiots woulda just wrote all this stuff and mailed it to me, mail call woulda been a field day! Aight look.. Its obvious that 99% of you ppl never even met me, but you talk real crazy about me. This stuff made me laugh for real. Ya'll discussed this for 3 years tho? Really? Ima scumbag tho? A dirtbag tho? Oh and lets not forget the multiple comments about ppl hopeing I got raped in prison.. HaHa Really? One guy said I will assault staff members in the jail but then later said i'd be sumbody's bitch.. Right.. Picture that. Look, all yall is lames wit the exception of my family. Lets be clear tho, my mother NEVER turned me away.. Well its good 2 be a celeb and all that but ahh how bout all u muhfuccas keep my name outta ya mouths, cuz NONE of u weirdos would ever say it TO me cuz your pussy. you sit bacc behind your safe little computer screens and just talk about other ppl.. wow, wut a fun life u all must have. Im home, im in Chambersburg, and i aint goin no where, so just deal wit it. Start a petition or a blog or wutever it is u lames do these days. ANYONE who ACCUALLY knows me, knows who i am and wut ima bout. the rest of you just need to stop worring bout wut i do and go get a gurl or sumptin, ya'll sound pathetic...
If this was posted by Charles you know how much of a douche you are, and damn son, try some punctuation and spell check, WOW!
snitch much

Washington, DC

#21 Aug 27, 2012
How iz yo gangsta azz outta jail son? You committed robbery yo. Maybe you got tired of being someone's bitch and narked someone out to get home son.(Had to talk and punctuate for you to understand what I was saying) oh and are you still a member of the crips gang? Lol. Punkass
ur accomplice

Chambersburg, PA

#22 Sep 13, 2012
This IS Charles McNeal wrote:
Glad to c ur home:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chambersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Game (Jun '11) May 23 Dream Crystal 478
News Man investigated for child rape found to be ill... May 22 ronnie 3
Captian America (of Franklin County) (Sep '11) May 19 pete seville 11
Double Word Game (Mar '12) May 17 75 Scorpio 143
News 3rd person sentenced for beating in Chambersbur... (Apr '11) May 16 what joke people 26
Chambersburg couple charged on video of suspect... May 11 Nicole Tierney jones 1
News Shelter fund theft case moves past preliminary ... May 9 Julia 2
More from around the web

Chambersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]