Best Dining In Chambersburg, Part three
Marisa

Chambersburg, PA

#695 Jan 5, 2013
Effington wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that revealing someone's identity here would be a huge breach of ethics and civility, let alone an asshole thing to do. I know you said you wouldn't, but I thought it should be said.
People need to look at comments they don't like as if they were dog turds. When you see a dog turd on the street, you don't say "Hey, look at that stupid dog turd" and go rolling around in it, complaining about it, showing it to other people. No. You avoid it. I think that's good avice.
Did you give the same advice to those that know your identity? If I say I won't violate someone's identity, I won't. I don't need someone jumping on me using dog turds as an analogy. Good grief! I would like to think we are mature enough to talk like adults.

This particular thread in all honesty has become boring. I would say there are probably 3, maybe 4, that come here. And it's generally talking about the same places over and over. Someone comes here with good intentions and if they don't meet the regular 3, 4 posters standards, they are made fun of. Then it turns into this ridiculous childish back and forth of insults.

So please do not give me advice or lecture me. I am quite aware of what's right and wrong.

One last comment.....This topix forum belongs to ALL of us. Threads are not here to be controlled by a few and that is what has happened here. That's probably why no one comes here for days, and in very small numbers when they do. And I suspect if this attitude of judging others, will in time keep everyone away

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#696 Jan 5, 2013
I should have clarified, while the first paragraph of my comment was in response to what you said, it was more of a PSA rather than meant to be directed at you.

The second paragraph about the dog turds was unrelated, and meant to be directed at the Topix collective, and certainly not at you specifically.

As for this thread being boring - I pretty much agree. It is what you make it. I'll continue to throw out information on new places, but lets be honest, regarding the topic of "Chambersburg dining," it's not exactly an ever-changing landscape.

We go with what we have.

That said: Kenzo Rulez!

Sue me.

Location hidden

#697 Jan 10, 2013
Does anyone know when Chipotle opens?
Peanut Gallery

Chambersburg, PA

#698 Jan 10, 2013
salsify wrote:
Eff, The Good ta Go card was a gift from my H to his stepson, my son. And he will use it when he comes into town from DC. We have been encouraging G ta G to bring in some of the New Holland (MI) brewery beers, having had the luck to be in that town for a wedding and the beers and the house distilled spirits were amazing. But there is some marketing/sales rep stuff that impedes the process.
Re trolls: What surprises me is the vitriol in response to posting that someone disagrees with, and the bizarre assumptions folks such as Watergate made. H hunts and H angles in the ocean each year for some of the best protein that we eat. He never hunts for something we cannot eat. No trophy hunting for him. Additionally, we garden and dry/can/preserve what we can. We eat as well and as fresh we can; food matters to us. I had a big sad this past deer season that H didn't get a buck as I have a tremendous braised venison shank recipe, osso bucco style, that I wanted to serve at Christmas.
No trophy hunting. I bet that deer is happy knowing it died for food rather then a trophy kill. Dead is dead!
Marisa Winston Peanut huh

Chambersburg, PA

#699 Jan 11, 2013
Peanut Gallery wrote:
<quoted text>No trophy hunting. I bet that deer is happy knowing it died for food rather then a trophy kill. Dead is dead!
Stupid red neck hunters! Trophy or non trophy, just another red neck from Franklin County. Hillbilly capital of the world.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#700 Jan 11, 2013
Marisa Winston Peanut huh wrote:
<quoted text>Stupid red neck hunters! Trophy or non trophy, just another red neck from Franklin County. Hillbilly capital of the world.
Marisa answering her own peanut post, priceless

Chambersburg, PA

#701 Jan 11, 2013
BDR529 wrote:
<quoted text>
Marisa answering her own peanut post, priceless
Get with the times....I' m mocking Marisa.

By the way, who are you?New poster, but yet seem to know what is going on. What are your other screen names?This place is full of one person with multiple names.

“Snarko ergo sum!”

Since: Jan 10

West of the Moon, PA

#702 Jan 12, 2013
I've got an idea, let's talk about places to dine! Had lunch last week at the Highline Restaurant and Railway Lounge in Greencastle. It's right across Baltimore St. from the old CVRR Highline Station. It has a nice cozy atmosphere and the service was pleasant and efficient. I had their black bean with bacon soup, split a Bacon Angus Cheeseburger w/bacon with my dining companion and washed it down with a Boxcar Ale(I wanted something light since we were on our way to Hagerstown for shopping.) It was all great.The bill was around $20. They have an interesting website at:
www.thehighlinerestaurant.com
SpencerB

Chambersburg, PA

#703 Jan 13, 2013
I have heard that the original owner of Cafe d'Italia, Bob, has sold the business to a former employee. Bob is returning to Virginia permanently to run a former restaurant that he owned. The new owner has Bob's recipies and the rumor is that she is going to add a breakfast menu. I work downtown, so I will keep the forum posted as to future happenings at the Cafe, as well as how the food and service is doing.

Chambersburg, PA

#704 Jan 13, 2013
I am the ruler yeah babbbyyyyyyyyyyy//////////

I am all of you yeaaaaaaaaahhhHhhhhh babbbbbbbbyyyyyyyyy//////////

OOOOOOOOBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAMMMMMMM MAAAAAA

YEAHHHHHHHH BABBBBBYYYYY//////////

Newville, PA

#705 Jan 13, 2013
OooBaaaaaaaaaaaaMaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa!!!!

GIVE......MEEEEEEEEEEEEE......

..MOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEE!

**THRUST!**THRUST!**THRUST!*

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEE!

*THRUST!**THRUST!**THRUST!**TH RUST!**THRUST!*
*THRUST!**THRUST!**THRUST!**TH RUST!**THRUST!**THRUST!

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOREEE!

“Snarko ergo sum!”

Since: Jan 10

West of the Moon, PA

#706 Jan 13, 2013
SpencerB wrote:
I have heard that the original owner of Cafe d'Italia, Bob, has sold the business to a former employee. Bob is returning to Virginia permanently to run a former restaurant that he owned. The new owner has Bob's recipies and the rumor is that she is going to add a breakfast menu. I work downtown, so I will keep the forum posted as to future happenings at the Cafe, as well as how the food and service is doing.
I've enjoyed the Café d' Italia since it opened and hope it stays open with the same level of food and service. I've noticed that the menu has become a little stagnant and wonder if that reflects the owners decision to exit.

Location hidden

#707 Jan 14, 2013
Snarky Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
I've enjoyed the Café d' Italia since it opened and hope it stays open with the same level of food and service. I've noticed that the menu has become a little stagnant and wonder if that reflects the owners decision to exit.
That's interesting news, and too bad since Bob was a vocal proponent of downtown Chambersburg development. Hopefully it will continue in that way and we can look forward to new menu items at Cafe d'Italia.

Brick oven pizza would be an awesome addition (hint, hint, wink, wink).

Location hidden

#708 Jan 14, 2013
Got to try La Tolteca in Hagerstown this past weekend. I know we have lots of good Mexican places in Chambersburg, but it would be nice if I could get a damn margarita or maybe a Dos Equis - so since Maryland isn't run by a bunch of teetotalers, it's easier to find a Mexican restaurant with a bar down there.

And, I'm loyal to Tito's as far as Mexican in Chambersburg is concerned, but if Motezuma's gets that last liquor license, they will win my business back.

Anyway, La Tolteca - quite good. It's a little off Dual Highway past the Weis in a shopping center where an Italian restaurant used to be. They make fresh guacamole at your table ($4 for small,$7 for large). The margaritas are tasty, can be purchased by the pitcher and there are some good drink specials during the week. The fruity ones were too sweet for my taste though. Nice selection of Meixcan cervezas too.

I tend to get those big meals at places like that that has a little of everything. I'd probably recommend going with something off the separate "speciales de la casa" which I'll do next time. Based on what I had, I still like Tito's better, but I do plan to return.

Location hidden

#709 Jan 16, 2013
Chipotle seems to be open... CAN ANYONE CONFIRM??
chipotle

Chambersburg, PA

#710 Jan 16, 2013
Effington wrote:
Chipotle seems to be open... CAN ANYONE CONFIRM??
When you see people sitting at tables eating and people in line, I think that's an indicator they are open.

Why would anyone want to eat at a chain where the food is canned or frozen? It' just another fast food restaurant.

Location hidden

#711 Jan 16, 2013
chipotle wrote:
<quoted text>When you see people sitting at tables eating and people in line, I think that's an indicator they are open.
Why would anyone want to eat at a chain where the food is canned or frozen? It' just another fast food restaurant.
Thanks for the Sherlockian observation.

Probably because Chipotle is one of the only chains where nothing is canned or frozen. I'm pretty much an asshole when it comes to chains - ask anyone here - but I think Chipotle is doing is right. Plus their guacamole is awesome.

And yes, it is open.
chipotle

Chambersburg, PA

#712 Jan 16, 2013
Effington wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the Sherlockian observation.
Probably because Chipotle is one of the only chains where nothing is canned or frozen. I'm pretty much an asshole when it comes to chains - ask anyone here - but I think Chipotle is doing is right. Plus their guacamole is awesome.
And yes, it is open.
okay, I did read their chicken is processed. If you like it that's A-OK with me.

Location hidden

#713 Jan 16, 2013
chipotle wrote:
<quoted text> okay, I did read their chicken is processed. If you like it that's A-OK with me.
Antibiotic-Free Meat Business Is Booming, Thanks To Chipotle
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2012/05/31/1...

Chipotle, which is growing so quickly that it's opening about three new locations each week, will slowly braise and sell about 120 million pounds of naturally raised pork, chicken and beef that meets its antibiotic-free standards.

Why Chipotle Insists on Humanely Raised Meat
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2008/05...

Chipotle's chief financial officer, Jack Hartung, plays down the effect of sustainable food on the company's sales. The real attraction, he says, lies in the fact that Chipotle serves freshly prepared food—employees grill chicken, mash avocados into guacamole and heat tortillas before customers' eyes in an open kitchen. "I can't tell you we're getting any specific sales increase from Food With Integrity," he says. "Many of our customers aren't even aware of it." While the company makes a point of saying it doesn't advertise, it does actively promote its sustainability program to investors and to the press.

Meet Your Meat: Chipotle Distributes Photos Of Farms That Supply Their Restaurants
http://consumerist.com/2007/06/13/meet-your-m...

Natural Meats: What a Difference at Chipotle Restaurants
http://voices.yahoo.com/natural-meats-differe...

The animals raised for Chipotle restaurants are raised on family farms or ranches, not in factory farms. The chickens used in Chipotle restaurants are 100% naturally raised which means no antibiotics are given. In addition, no arsenic is used with the chicken food. Some chicken growers think arsenic causes the chickens to grow faster.

Protein: We only serve white meat here
http://grist.org/sustainable-farming/protein-...

Our experience with the wonderful fast food restaurant chain Chipotle Mexican Grill has really brought [local supply chain farming] home to me. This is one fast food outfit whose heart is definitely in the right place. They keep pushing the envelope on local sourcing and ecologically friendly food. Using traditional long- and slow-cooking techniques, open kitchens, and integrity sourcing, their innovations have created quite a stir in the fast food industry.

Look, you want processed, get some chicken McNuggets. But I'll stand behind Chipotle if, for no other reason, they are one of the guys in the big food service industry.
chipotle

Chambersburg, PA

#714 Jan 16, 2013
Effington wrote:
<quoted text>
Antibiotic-Free Meat Business Is Booming, Thanks To Chipotle
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thesalt/2012/05/31/1...
Chipotle, which is growing so quickly that it's opening about three new locations each week, will slowly braise and sell about 120 million pounds of naturally raised pork, chicken and beef that meets its antibiotic-free standards.
Why Chipotle Insists on Humanely Raised Meat
http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2008/05...
Chipotle's chief financial officer, Jack Hartung, plays down the effect of sustainable food on the company's sales. The real attraction, he says, lies in the fact that Chipotle serves freshly prepared food—employees grill chicken, mash avocados into guacamole and heat tortillas before customers' eyes in an open kitchen. "I can't tell you we're getting any specific sales increase from Food With Integrity," he says. "Many of our customers aren't even aware of it." While the company makes a point of saying it doesn't advertise, it does actively promote its sustainability program to investors and to the press.
Meet Your Meat: Chipotle Distributes Photos Of Farms That Supply Their Restaurants
http://consumerist.com/2007/06/13/meet-your-m...
Natural Meats: What a Difference at Chipotle Restaurants
http://voices.yahoo.com/natural-meats-differe...
The animals raised for Chipotle restaurants are raised on family farms or ranches, not in factory farms. The chickens used in Chipotle restaurants are 100% naturally raised which means no antibiotics are given. In addition, no arsenic is used with the chicken food. Some chicken growers think arsenic causes the chickens to grow faster.
Protein: We only serve white meat here
http://grist.org/sustainable-farming/protein-...
Our experience with the wonderful fast food restaurant chain Chipotle Mexican Grill has really brought [local supply chain farming] home to me. This is one fast food outfit whose heart is definitely in the right place. They keep pushing the envelope on local sourcing and ecologically friendly food. Using traditional long- and slow-cooking techniques, open kitchens, and integrity sourcing, their innovations have created quite a stir in the fast food industry.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chambersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chambersburg pa walmart Jul 27 Martz friends 5
Keep A Word Drop A Word (Jun '11) Jul 4 trooper dude 646
white jeep patriot Jul 2 Martz friends 1
News 3 teens charged for assault of guard at South M... (Feb '11) Jul 1 Ctrek75 13
News Tennis courts turned into public skate park (Jun '08) Jun '16 Bmxboy1 31
News Police log (May '12) Jun '16 GenPatton 10
vincent e martz egor Jun '16 Martz friend 2

Chambersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chambersburg Mortgages