Officials defend condition of 2 Chamb...

Officials defend condition of 2 Chambersburg cemeteries

There are 55 comments on the Public Opinion story from Jun 22, 2008, titled Officials defend condition of 2 Chambersburg cemeteries. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

On the scene: Mike Rideout, president of Lebanon Cemetery Association, tilts a gravestone to an upright position Friday in the oldest area of Mt Vernon Cemetery, Chambersburg.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Hoover

New Castle, DE

#1 Jun 23, 2008
Roscoe, is this a three-part or six-part series? Snap out of it, Roscoe, you seem to be "stuck on stupid". Isn't this a repeat of the previous episode?
who CARES

Landisburg, PA

#2 Jun 23, 2008
We have more important issues, at hand. Call Massachusetts 55th to take care of it. WHO CARES, not me, yes I am WHITE.
Anon

Coatesville, PA

#3 Jun 23, 2008
Hoover, if Rosco is stuck on stupid you seem to be right there with him.

Rosco, great article!

who CARES, you are a typical southern PA racist.
JSBach

Norristown, PA

#4 Jun 23, 2008
Interesting article. I wish the caretakers well.
Anon is right on the mark.
who Cares

Landisburg, PA

#5 Jun 23, 2008
OUCH, that hurt anon. Your pathetic comments, mean absolutely nothing to me or any other white human. Racist, works BOTH ways, DON'T FORGET THAT....
SBE

Sterling, VA

#6 Jun 23, 2008
Every time we go to decorate graves at a cemetary where my mother and her family and my father-in-law are buried, we have to take a weed wacker and a hatchet to cut the grass away from the headstones so that you can actually read them, and they lost my father-in-law's headstone when they were opening the grave. But cemetaries don't have to be sad places - when I was a little girl, my grandmother would take us to decorate my grandfather's grave, and we'd have a picnic by the pond and feed the ducks and turtles our bread crusts.

Seems stupid to me to care what color the deceased were. They were human beings, somebody's loved ones who have passed on. ALL cemetaries should be places of respect, and should be cared for with respect.
Bart

Easton, PA

#7 Jun 23, 2008
Isn't it about time to stop this stupid racism, so that whites and blacks might speak together in one voice to blame all manner of ills on the illegals.
Why

Landisburg, PA

#8 Jun 23, 2008
Why is it that they are taking care of a black cemetary, but not a white one? If this would be a white cemetary all that black people would call us racist. I agree with "who Cares" rasism is a two way street if you acuse me of being racist so then acuseing me of that would make you too racist.
Mary

New Castle, DE

#9 Jun 23, 2008
No, Bart, leave all groups alone and focus your ire on the absolute slugs in the U.S. Congress who don't to SQUAT for you, me, or anyone but themselves. That includes the chubby son of Elmer Shuster. Racism is a diversion. Whether it's fomented by Rev. Jeremiah Wright, Obama's preacher, or Catholic priest Father Pfleger, or David Duke, or Senator Robert Byrd, former KKK leader, it diminishes America.
What Up

Chambersburg, PA

#10 Jun 23, 2008
As for me Jesus said let the dead worry about the dead. Hey if those people want to take care of those graves more power to them. For the lady who complained when did you first see the problem and how come you didn't do something about it instead of whinning. Your part of the problem not part of the solution.
Chambersburg

Memphis, TN

#11 Jun 23, 2008
well i think that if you people have time to agrue then you need to get a job or go volunteer to help this cemetary...black or white..i agree with the above...these were someone's loved ones...have some respect!
Peg

New Castle, DE

#12 Jun 23, 2008
What Up wrote:
As for me Jesus said let the dead worry about the dead. Hey if those people want to take care of those graves more power to them. For the lady who complained when did you first see the problem and how come you didn't do something about it instead of whinning. Your part of the problem not part of the solution.
Jan White's handling of the situation earns her an "F" because she did not have the common sense to first contact cemetery officials and point out her complaint to them. Oh, no, Jan could not take the time to do that. She fired off a Letter-to-the-editor to get recognition for being the good citizen she thinks she is. She is not to be commended IMHO. She earned her "pinhead" badge with the LTE.
Sam

New Castle, DE

#13 Jun 23, 2008
Anon wrote:
Hoover, if Rosco is stuck on stupid you seem to be right there with him.
Rosco, great article!
who CARES, you are a typical southern PA racist.
Pssst! Do you know that "Anon" means "Another Sheissekopf"?
HEY BART

Landisburg, PA

#14 Jun 23, 2008
DUMB A@@, not liking Illegalls is racist also,DUH! WHITES AND blacks, will never be one voice! Different cultures, I do not embrace their ways......
Thomas

New Castle, DE

#15 Jun 23, 2008
It won't fly. Tagging those who are all for illegal aliens being deported as "racist". There's no white guilt in play with regard to illegals. Of course, the poorly educated illegals think they can play the race card but don't understand why it won't work for them.
Taffy

New Castle, DE

#16 Jun 23, 2008
To be sure Reverend Wright is not racist. He has made a career out of telling people to hate "Whitey" hasn't he?
Brownie

Newville, PA

#17 Jun 23, 2008
So what is the purpose of the PO doing the story? It looks to me like Mike Rideout and the many others helping out have the situiation under control. The PO needs to stay out of the private business of others. We have good leadership in the local black community. MYOB!
Jamal

West Chester, PA

#18 Jun 23, 2008
Brownie wrote:
So what is the purpose of the PO doing the story? It looks to me like Mike Rideout and the many others helping out have the situiation under control. The PO needs to stay out of the private business of others. We have good leadership in the local black community. MYOB!
Right! Roscoe is milking the story. Like the first poster said, it is a 3-part series that Roscoe can't let go of.
WOW

United States

#19 Jun 23, 2008
who Cares wrote:
OUCH, that hurt anon. Your pathetic comments, mean absolutely nothing to me or any other white human. Racist, works BOTH ways, DON'T FORGET THAT....
If the comments are so pathetic why even return a response? Yeah exactly! Cuz the way I see it you came out your face incorrect to begin with. "Who Cares" but you steady commenting on the story. Beat it
Dean

Douglassville, PA

#20 Jun 23, 2008
Here is the thing, these idiots that come on here and spout out their racial ideas only do it to get a raise out of other people, who gives a good shit what these people think about someone being different. Some people cannot comprehend difference so they just do not like it, not everyone was made with a solid mind and an ability to tolerate everything. I just feel ashamed that my service to our great country was to uphold constitutional rights that these dumb ass’s abuse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chambersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shippensburg's Logan A. George set for hearing ... (Sep '13) Tue La la la 6
News Body found near Southgate Shopping Center (Oct '10) Aug 28 Pickle 46
News Sex offender charged in new sexual assault case Aug 26 pinecone 2
We need a Home Depot or other competitor in the... Aug 23 sparky120_240 2
Keep A Word Drop A Word (Jun '11) Aug 14 Anonymous 650
News Big retailer -- perhaps Wal-Mart -- planned for... (Jul '08) Aug 12 Adventurist 160
News Police: Woman dragged 200 ft. by car driven bya Aug 12 Adventurist 1

Chambersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chambersburg Mortgages