Mercersburg man wanted in fatal hit-a...

Mercersburg man wanted in fatal hit-and-run

There are 3 comments on the Chambersburg Public Opinion story from Mar 9, 2012, titled Mercersburg man wanted in fatal hit-and-run. In it, Chambersburg Public Opinion reports that:

Pennsylvania State Police Sgt. Randy Kane, left, and Trooper Michelle Davis chat with Franklin County Coroner Jeff Conner, center, during a press conference Friday, March 9, 2012, to update information on a hit-and-run accident that killed a motorcyclist, Wednesday, south of Chambersburg, Pa.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chambersburg Public Opinion.

Joe Friday

Biglerville, PA

#1 Mar 11, 2012
I know everybody wants to pile on this fellow...

People go ripping down that stretch of 11 - entirely possible the bike was going too fast. Did he have his light on?

I guess witnesses will have to tell whether the truck driver had used the turning lane...or just tried to cut across all 3 lanes on 11. I suspect the latter...

Point is - don't assume just because this fellow has a prior record and ran - that operator of the motorcycle is without fault.
Voice of reason

Chambersburg, PA

#2 Jul 26, 2012
Joe Friday wrote:
I know everybody wants to pile on this fellow...
People go ripping down that stretch of 11 - entirely possible the bike was going too fast. Did he have his light on?
I guess witnesses will have to tell whether the truck driver had used the turning lane...or just tried to cut across all 3 lanes on 11. I suspect the latter...
Point is - don't assume just because this fellow has a prior record and ran - that operator of the motorcycle is without fault.
What???? Maybe the killer should have stuck around to dispute faults with witnesses (he couldnt argue with the victim)????
Joe Friday

Chambersburg, PA

#3 Aug 3, 2012
Voice of reason wrote:
<quoted text>
What???? Maybe the killer should have stuck around to dispute faults with witnesses (he couldnt argue with the victim)????
Whether he did or didn't stay doesn't change what happened.(or didnt happen)

Riding a motorcycle is risky...you accept those risks every time you climb on one.

I was just passed by two dudes on crotch rockets in this exact spot, just yesterday - doing well over 80mph...if not faster.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chambersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police log (May '12) Fri testing 6
Keep A Word Drop A Word (Jun '11) May 18 _Zoey_ 645
let's play post one word only ! (Sep '09) May 18 _Zoey_ 230
News Mont Alto constable named (Aug '08) Apr '16 Amy 27
Southgate Mall Laundromat Mar '16 bus 6
Best Dining In Chambersburg, Part three (Jan '12) Feb '16 Luigi 1,102
News 3 doctors on trial for sponges left in Newburg ... (Mar '10) Feb '16 Anon 76
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chambersburg Mortgages