Chambersburg Public Opinion

Chambersburg Public Opinion

There are 24 comments on the Public Opinion story from Mar 25, 2008, titled Chambersburg Public Opinion. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

SIMPLE ASSAULT: Waynesboro Police charged Robert T. Clements, 23, 23 Tritle Ave., Waynesboro, with simple assault and criminal mischief after an incident Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DRINK AT HOME PPL

Wilmington, DE

#1 Mar 26, 2008
DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE: Krista Marie Bird, 22, Shippensburg, was cited for driving under the influence March 14 on U.S. 11.

Pennsylvania State Police, Carlisle, said Bird was stopped at 2:59 a.m. after he was seen driving with a registration plate that was issued to another vehicle. A subsequent investigation revealed that Bird was under the influence of alcohol, officers said.
'
KRISTA BIRD IS A FEMALE, AND MAYBE SHE WILL DO JAIL TIME THIS TIME. IVE SEEN HER NAME QUITE A FEW TIMES THIS YEAR FOR DUI..MMM
Glenda Dolittle

Chambersburg, PA

#2 Mar 26, 2008
Damn Krista Bird, That girl should have a permit for driving while drunk... Will she ever learn?
krista bird

Chambersburg, PA

#3 May 31, 2012
first of all anyone can get a DUI and it doesnt make me a bad person and im sorry for my wrongs and ive moved past this and hopefully others will as well...
Jamal Wimpy

Ardsley, NY

#4 May 31, 2012
Word down town at da corner bar says she just got another DUI. Peeps was down there last week drinking hypnotiq and shooting pool when da subject came up. We be watching our backs when we walk home at night from da bar. We don't want dat chick rolling up on us drunk and driving up on the sidewalk. Da 5-0 know all about her though.
GoetheHead

Frederick, MD

#5 Jun 1, 2012
krista bird wrote:
first of all anyone can get a DUI and it doesnt make me a bad person and im sorry for my wrongs and ive moved past this and hopefully others will as well...
No Krista, not "anyone can get a DUI", only those irresponsible enough to drink in excess and then get behind the wheel of a two-ton bullet not caring if they hurt or kill themselves or an innocent person by their carelessness.

Shame on you. EVERYBODY knows that drinking and driving is WRONG!

Hopefully the local bars will recognize that you have a drinking PROBLEM and will refuse to serve you. After all, the few dollars you throw their way won't really hurt their bottom line nearly as badly as knowing they contributed to the death or injury of an innocent citizen.

Do you really want to be known as "Krista the drunken bar-fly"?
Jamal Wimpy

Ardsley, NY

#6 Jun 1, 2012
Did she have a recent run in wit da PO PO ?
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

#7 Jun 1, 2012
Jamal Wimpy wrote:
Did she have a recent run in wit da PO PO ?
It is racist to post under a stereotypical black name and try to write with an African American vernacular.
bobby64

Garrett, IN

#8 Jun 1, 2012
Im back

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#9 Jun 3, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>It is racist to post under a stereotypical black name and try to write with an African American vernacular.
I think it's racist that you assume "po po" is automatically associated with blacks. Even white trash refers to the police using that slang.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#10 Jun 3, 2012
GingerOne wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it's racist that you assume "po po" is automatically associated with blacks. Even white trash refers to the police using that slang.
Right. Because "po po" is the only thing "Jamal" has posted here mocking the black vernacular.

When you explain away shit like "Jamal" is posting here you provide cover for racism.

Location hidden

#11 Jun 3, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>Right. Because "po po" is the only thing "Jamal" has posted here mocking the black vernacular.

When you explain away shit like "Jamal" is posting here you provide cover for racism.
So "po po" is the "language of blacks"? Talk about rascism. Of course"Jamal" is only a "black" name. You're so full of shit Dan "the man"! Lighten up.
jj4rlz

Carlisle, PA

#12 Jun 3, 2012
aw shit nikkaaaas chill dogs 4 rlz
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#13 Jun 4, 2012
GingerOne wrote:
<quoted text>
So "po po" is the "language of blacks"? Talk about rascism. Of course"Jamal" is only a "black" name. You're so full of shit Dan "the man"! Lighten up.
LOL! Reading comprehension isn't really your thing, is it?

No, "po po" isn't the "language of blacks." You pointed that out, didn't you?

If you can't see what he's doing then you're part of the problem.
iggi

Carlisle, PA

#14 Jun 5, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
It is racist to post under a stereotypical black name and try to write with an African American vernacular.
you do it too when you post as bobby64,and how funny that he suddenly shows up right after you posted the above. You were #7 and racist bobby64 is #8.
iggi

Carlisle, PA

#15 Jun 5, 2012
bobby64 wrote:
Im back
So Dan the Man couldn't keep his own racism under wraps so what does he do? Brings bobby64 back!
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#16 Jun 5, 2012
iggi wrote:
<quoted text>you do it too when you post as bobby64,and how funny that he suddenly shows up right after you posted the above. You were #7 and racist bobby64 is #8.
You post #15 and then I show up and post #16 right after you, so I must be you too!

LMAO! Not very big on logical reasoning, are you Iggi?

Location hidden

#17 Jun 5, 2012
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>

Please define "African American vernacular" without using the words black, indigenous or language.
Dan the Man

Shippensburg, PA

#18 Jun 6, 2012
GingerOne wrote:
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Please define "African American vernacular" without using the words black, indigenous or language.
LOL! What are you trying to do, play Taboo? What possible reason would there be for doing that?

Please define the game "baseball" without using the words "sport," "game," "pastime," "hitter," or "pitcher."

Grow up.
CSM 101

Chambersburg, PA

#19 Jun 8, 2012
The first launch sequences will be initiated at 6:18 PM. You must continue heading south and escape the primary blast zones.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#20 Jun 9, 2012
I believe "po-po" as a slang term for police is Canadian in origin because law enforcement north of the border is formally "Provincial Police." Basically the Canadian version of state trooper.

The term is used in hip-hop culture, but the general, non-offensive use of slang certainly shouldn't be construed as racist.

I can see the point Jamal Wimpy is trying to make here - parody or not.

As for Krista, justice is being served and she will pay her debt to society. There's no reason for all of you to single her out among many local multiple DUI offenders.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chambersburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kenzo restaurant Apr 24 Kenzo Fan 7
News Mont Alto constable named (Aug '08) Apr 21 Mont alto boy 28
vince martz (Jul '14) Apr 19 j martz 30
News Md. woman found not guilty of assaulting Chambe... (Jun '10) Apr 17 moneyman158 31
vincent martz egor Apr 16 Jjim Mosed 3
vanish Apr 15 matt 1
News Franklin County court sentences (Jan '11) Apr 15 Tony 19

Chambersburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chambersburg Mortgages