The Chagrin Falls Annual Pumpkin Roll...

The Chagrin Falls Annual Pumpkin Roll has been a tradition for 40 years. Will it be on or off thi...

There are 10 comments on the WJW Fox 8 Cleveland story from Oct 23, 2009, titled The Chagrin Falls Annual Pumpkin Roll has been a tradition for 40 years. Will it be on or off thi.... In it, WJW Fox 8 Cleveland reports that:

For 40 years, the pumpkin roll in this quiet community has been as reliable as the changing leaves.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJW Fox 8 Cleveland.

Chagrined in Chagrin---

Rocky River, OH

#1 Oct 25, 2009
I want to see the "harmlessness" in this longstanding tradition but it becomes more difficult each year. This year I had over $40 worth of pumpkins stolen...I'm officially not amused. Seriously, take one or two of them but not all of them; that becomes stealing.
On the other hand, if someone came to my front door and asked for a pumpkin donation, I would gladly participate. Unfortunately the kids have gone too far.
Common sense Chagrin

Bedford, OH

#2 Oct 26, 2009
The pumpkin roll is dangerous, plain and simple. A man was seriously injured last year, and teens have been injured in the past. I suppose that some must feel, "well, that man recovered from his coma!" And some parents probably think, "hey, our teens should get what they want!" Yet common sense dictates that it is completely unwise to slide down a mountainous street on pumpkin juice at night. And what happened to that idea of having the kids clean up their mess? Only the parents can put an end to this midnight madness.
Will go on

Cleveland, OH

#3 Oct 26, 2009
It will go on as it does every year until nintendo wii comes out with a game for it.
GO PACKERS

AOL

#4 Oct 31, 2009
WILL YOU PEOPLE GET A GRIP!
IF YOU ARE GOING TO WATCH AND WEREN'T INVITED BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS OR STAY HOME
Chagrin Falls Citizen

Bedford, OH

#5 Oct 31, 2009
GO PACKERS wrote:
WILL YOU PEOPLE GET A GRIP!
IF YOU ARE GOING TO WATCH AND WEREN'T INVITED BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS OR STAY HOME
I am a parent of a Chagrin Falls Junior and I go back and forth trying to figure out if this event is "OK" however what I do know is that last year it took an "ADULT" to get injured. I was there, I saw it, the adult was under the influence of alcohol and had no business on that hill. We condemn those teenagers who drink and do the roll - is it OK that an adult arrived drunk? I certainly hope and pray he is doing good but it is sad that we critisize the teens but he was an adult and was hurt
Valley Majority

Bedford, OH

#6 Nov 1, 2009
This was sort of cute in 1969, at the end of the free spirit era when it was 60 pumpkins. But it's not cute anymore when some student boasts all all time hihg of stealing 2000 pumpkins. Given typical high school overexagearion - lets say he stole 200. Even then it is about $1000 worth of grand theft. Posts from High schoolers saying that injuries are "your fault" if you show up is just plain sophomoric thinking. I suppose they will grow up some day.
bubby

Bedford, OH

#7 Nov 1, 2009
It's on tonight, biotches! So stay home if you're gonna pout!
bubby

Bedford, OH

#8 Nov 1, 2009
It's on tonight biotches. So stay home if you're gonna pout!
cf senior

Smithville, OH

#9 Nov 2, 2009
if you dont want your pumpkins stolen dont leave them out. easy as that. Plus in chagrin pet and garden they give you a coupon for when your pumpkins are stolen to get new ones! And im sure walmart, or other places sell pumpkins for a little as 5 bucks. people this tradition ahs been going on for years and will continue going on so instead of crying about it leave your pumpkins inside.
Dude with a face

Cleveland, OH

#10 Nov 2, 2009
Honestly, the people of chagrin need to chill out. You were a teenager once, you did stupid stuff. Its hypocritical of you to protest the fact that we are teens being teens. This is our transition from the nest to the real world. It's our time to do stupid stuff, and make mistakes. If we don't make mistakes, we can't learn how to better ourselves in the future.

Also, I love the fact that the residents still deem it necessary to report their missing pumpkins after 40 or 50 years of it happening. Get over it. If you live in chagrin Your richer than most people out there.Quite crying over spilled milk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chagrin Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
casual encounter (Aug '12) 14 hr _grab_my_tab 16
Lawana Chaney (May '15) Aug 22 Bryan 12
News Ohio.com - Akron teachers ratify pact (Aug '07) Aug 22 bigguy 51
Jessie Moore known as biggem Aug 21 bears 7
Drug house in bainbridge and dealers Aug 20 Red car go zoom 5
chupacabra Aug 20 pumpkin head stoner 2
Dustin Chaney Aug 19 neighborhood watch 1

Chagrin Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance