13 seek to become New Albany schools ...

13 seek to become New Albany schools chief | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 14 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Oct 8, 2010, titled 13 seek to become New Albany schools chief | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

ThisWeekNews.com ." href="/live/export-content/sites/dispatch/local_news/stories/2010/10/08/thisweek07-goda63iv-1this-week-logo-bw-large.jpg" class="lightbox"> ThisWeekNews.com ." /> Read more in ThisWeek Community Newspapers' 23 editions and at ThisWeekNews.com . Thirteen people have applied to be the next superintendent of the New Albany-Plain ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Pay is too much then

Sunbury, OH

#1 Oct 8, 2010
When 13 people are vying for 1 job, and that job is being funded by taxpayers....then the pay needs to be lowered. In the private sector it works like that. But then again, the private sector cannot afford to spend money it doesn't have.
gonzo

Dublin, OH

#2 Oct 8, 2010
Which parasite will be chosen for the plum job? Oh, the suspense. What a gravy train that will be.
OH YEAH

Dublin, OH

#3 Oct 8, 2010
So funny. At our school, they call it the lunch lady. Fancy New Lbany calls it the Chef.
DUH

Columbus, OH

#4 Oct 8, 2010
OH YEAH wrote:
So funny. At our school, they call it the lunch lady. Fancy New Lbany calls it the Chef.
"Chief", not "chef". Man, I hope you were being sarcastic.
ramseyjames

Bellefontaine, OH

#5 Oct 8, 2010
Thirteen people have applied to be the next superintendent of the New Albany-Plain school district. > Ever wonder why so many want to be superintendent? Well, damm good money, damm good retirement, then after retireing at 55, they can become double-dippers and collect two salaries! These 13 are actually pretty smart, they have realized what a sweet opportunity this is!
Black-Gold

Celina, OH

#6 Oct 8, 2010
ramseyjames wrote:
Thirteen people have applied to be the next superintendent of the New Albany-Plain school district. > Ever wonder why so many want to be superintendent? Well, damm good money, damm good retirement, then after retireing at 55, they can become double-dippers and collect two salaries! These 13 are actually pretty smart, they have realized what a sweet opportunity this is!
It should be damn good money and retirement benefits for what they have to do. Other CEO's receive this damn good money and benefits- why shouldn't school superintendents? Your post is nothing more than envy and jealousy- the same policies that Obama continues to espouse and taking the country down with them.
ramseyjames

Bellefontaine, OH

#7 Oct 8, 2010
Black-Gold wrote:
<quoted text>
It should be damn good money and retirement benefits for what they have to do. Other CEO's receive this damn good money and benefits- why shouldn't school superintendents? Your post is nothing more than envy and jealousy- the same policies that Obama continues to espouse and taking the country down with them.
And you are about an ignorant fool, and a damm big one at that! I am not envious or jealous, I just know exactly how the system works, and would bet that you know nothing but how to run your ignorant mouth!
Cas

Zanesville, OH

#8 Oct 8, 2010
DUH wrote:
<quoted text>
"Chief", not "chef". Man, I hope you were being sarcastic.
Or maybe s/he did mean "Chef" to go with the "Lunch Lady"

Digression: At one school in which I worked, the "lunch ladies" did all the prep work, but the "lunch men" collected and handled all the money. I was never sure why it was like that.(This was only two years ago)
Black-Gold

Celina, OH

#9 Oct 8, 2010
ramseyjames wrote:
<quoted text>
And you are about an ignorant fool, and a damm big one at that! I am not envious or jealous, I just know exactly how the system works, and would bet that you know nothing but how to run your ignorant mouth!
And exactly how many years have you spent either teaching or being a school administrator to be such an expert on the subject?
Reader

Columbus, OH

#10 Oct 8, 2010
Pay is too much then wrote:
When 13 people are vying for 1 job, and that job is being funded by taxpayers....then the pay needs to be lowered. In the private sector it works like that. But then again, the private sector cannot afford to spend money it doesn't have.
A field of thirteen isn't necessarily vast, a lot depends on the quality of the applicants. And a position like Superintendent doesn't typically include a posted salary--there's generally some dickering where the Board tries to figure out the lowest possible figure that can actually pry the candidate away from where they are now.

Occasionally a candidate will use a job offer as a bargaining chip to get a raise in their current position.
Pay is too much then

Sunbury, OH

#11 Oct 8, 2010
Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
A field of thirteen isn't necessarily vast, a lot depends on the quality of the applicants. And a position like Superintendent doesn't typically include a posted salary--there's generally some dickering where the Board tries to figure out the lowest possible figure that can actually pry the candidate away from where they are now.
Occasionally a candidate will use a job offer as a bargaining chip to get a raise in their current position.
Fair enough, you raise some good points. I guess I'm trying to say "come on school boards, all school boards, don't just throw around money like it grows on trees". All too often, I think the people who negotiate on behalf of the taxpayers are far too easy with the person receiving the taxpayer money. Easy to spend when it's not your own personal $ paying it.
ramseyjames

Bellefontaine, OH

#12 Oct 8, 2010
Black-Gold wrote:
<quoted text>
And exactly how many years have you spent either teaching or being a school administrator to be such an expert on the subject?
More than 3 decades you ignorant nimrod! It's fools like you that don't have clue, but continue to run your ignorant mouth about an issue/subject that you know absolutely nothing about!
Black-Gold

Celina, OH

#13 Oct 11, 2010
ramseyjames wrote:
<quoted text>
More than 3 decades you ignorant nimrod! It's fools like you that don't have clue, but continue to run your ignorant mouth about an issue/subject that you know absolutely nothing about!
If you've been in education for over 30 years, and haven't figured out that teachers have the same options of retiring and being re-hired, WOW! Let me guess, you are one of those wannabe teachers who have all the answers for what administrators should or should not be doing. And your jealousy and envy comes out loud and clear in your post.
Bill

Grove City, OH

#14 Oct 14, 2010
The person they select won't be on this list. The newspapers get it wrong so often. They have a fancy company doing the search who will sneak in somebody later. If the person selected is on this list i'll be startled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chagrin Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Squatch 13 hr Milk man 10
jimmy fleming 21 hr word 2
Lawana Chaney (May '15) Jul 20 Karmatrainisgetti... 7
Dairy Queen (Apr '12) Jul 17 youll never know 29
Roger Hines Jul 16 hillbilly 1
Spice House on Shawnee Street in Old Baintucky Jul 14 neighbor 26
michelle raypole Warrant is issued . TURN HER ... Jul 11 fatcat 8

Chagrin Falls Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance