Questions and answers about the forec...

Questions and answers about the foreclosure freeze

There are 2 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Oct 18, 2010, titled Questions and answers about the foreclosure freeze. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

In this Sept. 22, 2010 photograph, a home has a foreclosure auction sign displayed in Chagrin Falls, Ohio.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

ctj

AOL

#1 Oct 19, 2010
The speculative financiers that created these exotic mortgage products to make money, and the irrresponsible homeowners,(not looking at those that lost jobs or had medical emergencies), that had bigger dreams than sense, these two groups together were the weak link that triggered the financial collapse. And, I think the "Tea Party" that erupted in August, 09, and is still there but being manipulated, is a natural emotional response to this and the "health care" reforms, from those middle of the road people that have lived by the rules and laws of the land, and are fed up with this behavior that is so alien to them.

My guess is a foreclosure process isn't initiated without the homeowner not paying their mortgage or taxes in every case. I am in favor of a renegotiation of the term - say to a 30 year mortgage, or on the interest rate, but to reduce the principle for those "underwater" is discriminatory to more responsible Americans who make their payments to the banks and gov't, to those that don't owe anything and to those that rent, and I am emotionally not for it.
ctj

AOL

#2 Oct 19, 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chagrin Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Docs Bainbridge 7 hr Lonewolf22 1
Unresponsive 13 hr Team Krishna 4
Mary Jones knocked up again Fri Lequan 1
Dave Shoemaker Apr 18 Trouble 3
mike maughmer and boney girl (Feb '17) Apr 11 A real mom 18
Ate me a biscuit Apr 10 Don 2
Kaleb landrum (Feb '12) Apr 10 well 4

Chagrin Falls Jobs

Personal Finance

Chagrin Falls Mortgages