Police Investigate Suicide Attempt at Hillcrest Hospital

Police are investigating after an elderly man shot himself outside the Emergency Room at Hillcrest Hospital on Tuesday afternoon. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Natalie Willoughby Hills

Mentor, OH

#1 Jul 13, 2010
Wow! what is going on with this hospital? Kind of creepy after the murder-suicide! My sister works in Medical Transcription there. Very sad!

“Living the life.”

Since: Mar 10

Bay Village, OH

#2 Jul 13, 2010
Didn't this just happen somewhere else like a week ago?

What a disturbing trend. Still, kinda cool to get some Fox8 brand sensory stimulus.
Just Me Again

Rocky River, OH

#3 Jul 13, 2010
Why shoot yourself in an ER - go out in the woods!
clinic employee

Chardon, OH

#4 Jul 13, 2010
I think its time to install metal detectors! so this doesnt happen again... 2 shootings!!! one inside the hospital!!! what is the world coming too...
Just Me Again

Rocky River, OH

#5 Jul 13, 2010
clinic employee wrote:
I think its time to install metal detectors! so this doesnt happen again... 2 shootings!!! one inside the hospital!!! what is the world coming too...
Agree! Critically ill or injured patients cannot just get up and run away when these armed "patients" stroll in through unsecured entrances. Also, hospital security needs back up from local police departments. Fully sworn officers need to be present.
Kendall

Strongsville, OH

#6 Jul 13, 2010
Hillcrest Hospital clearly needs better security.
Prayers to all involved
Mark

Chagrin Falls, OH

#7 Jul 13, 2010
PLease - this man could have shot himself anywhere. At a church, in a park, at a school, at his home in Chagrin Falls. All of a sudden would Chagrin Falls be viewed as unsafe? High crime? Hardly not. It gets the press that it does because people like all of you making stupid comments such as the above. Hillcrest is a hospital not a prison. The events at Hillcrest are sad but completely isolated incidents. Hillcrest does not need metal detectors, more cops or anything else.
Pete

United States

#8 Jul 13, 2010
Remind me never to go to Hillcrest Hospital.
Hillcrest Employee

Independence, OH

#9 Jul 13, 2010
These events are such tragedies for the victims' relatives and the Hillcrest Hospital family; we are shaken and saddened in the past few days. As dedicated healthcare practitioners, we have taken a vow to assist with healing. We certainly don't welcome such actions, and wish nothing but peace and good health to all. Pete, have you stopped flying since 9/11 or stopped going to the post office? Have you stopped walking in your neighborhood, knowing that someone, somewhere has committed an act of violence? None one at Hillcrest or within the medical community, let alone the world, asks for such events to occur.
jackie

Lorain, OH

#10 Jul 13, 2010
figure it out people... its the only way they can get any type of health care. it is so sad that this is what our country has come to.
Tony

Cleveland, OH

#11 Jul 13, 2010
clinic employee wrote:
Don't be surprised...the Bible says that "the world is passing away" (1 John 2:17) Things are not going to get better I'm afraid!
sun and fun

Cleveland, OH

#12 Jul 13, 2010
Pete wrote:
Don't you realize this man tried to commit sucicide and Hillcrest Hospital saved his life! The hospital is a public place like a mall, library, etc. Should they have to treat a place of healing like a prison?? The hospital is not at fault. Both incidences were attempted attempted sucicide and sucicide.
Seriously

Chagrin Falls, OH

#13 Jul 13, 2010
Oh come on- some of these comments are so stupid-it's astounding! Starting with jackie- are you nuts? This has nothing to do with healthcare, more so to do with nursing home highway robbery care, and that has been like this for a long time. And believe it or not, some people just do not want to waste away slowly- PERIOD.

And good grief Chardon clinic employee- get a grip already- this man shot himself outside of the ER doors- is the Clinic/Hillcrest supposed to put up one giant bubble of a metal detector over the whole perimeter in the odd chance of this happening again?? Maybe SouthPointe should have had this idea a few weeks ago as well.

I can't believe how mass hysteria grows with isolated incidents that DO and HAVE IN THE PAST happen over time.

Sad the poor guy chose this path but SERIOUSLY there is no need for hospitals going insane installing metal detectors- yet another reason to raise health care costs for something that the probability of happening overall is incredibly low. Yeeeeeeesh! Calm done.
spiderman

Twinsburg, OH

#14 Jul 13, 2010
YOU CAN'T GUARD AGAINST STUPID

IF WE COULD WASHINGTON DC WOULD BE SURROUNDED.

May God be with the family.
RN Pu

Olmsted Falls, OH

#15 Jul 13, 2010
I be a RN I likes peeple to no this .the dokters shood needs big bats for security from crazys. My feet gots callass
real rn

Cleveland, OH

#16 Jul 14, 2010
RN Pu wrote:
I be a RN I likes peeple to no this .the dokters shood needs big bats for security from crazys. My feet gots callass
Hope your not really a RN spelling like this.
Mark

Cleveland, OH

#17 Jul 14, 2010
Seriously REAL RN. What hospital are you are so I make sure NEVER to go there.

Since: Dec 09

United States

#18 Jul 14, 2010
Just Me Again wrote:
<quoted text>Agree! Critically ill or injured patients cannot just get up and run away when these armed "patients" stroll in through unsecured entrances. Also, hospital security needs back up from local police departments. Fully sworn officers need to be present.
Perhaps we could have a couple soldiers at every entrance, searching people. Send your credit card number to Hillcrest, I'm sure you're willing to back your great ideas up with funding for them. Easy to sit there and decide what the 'needs' are, who will pay for them?

Since: Dec 09

United States

#19 Jul 14, 2010
Pete wrote:
Yes, start buliding a shelter, Pete, its all around ya
bob

Akron, OH

#20 Jul 14, 2010
Mark wrote:
PLease - this man could have shot himself anywhere. At a church, in a park, at a school, at his home in Chagrin Falls. All of a sudden would Chagrin Falls be viewed as unsafe? High crime? Hardly not. It gets the press that it does because people like all of you making stupid comments such as the above. Hillcrest is a hospital not a prison. The events at Hillcrest are sad but completely isolated incidents. Hillcrest does not need metal detectors, more cops or anything else.
You're a jerkoff.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chagrin Falls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Steelworkers on strike at Rotek Inc. in Aurora (Jan '13) 1 hr hatfield 4,862
blond Thu Sheri 1
JR Kuhn is coming back Thu Truth 8
needle junkies add the ones you know. Feb 23 Big junkies 22
New store Feb 21 britney 2
shell station Feb 20 bahaha 9
Ron Yoakem Feb 18 noseyasheck 2

Winter Storm Watch for Geauga County was issued at February 27 at 10:03PM EST

Chagrin Falls Dating
Find my Match