Former police officer turns self in f...

Former police officer turns self in for stealing

There are 6 comments on the Southeast Missourian story from Mar 17, 2007, titled Former police officer turns self in for stealing. In it, Southeast Missourian reports that:

A former police officer for the cities of Chaffee, Mo., and Jackson turned himself in to Chaffee police Friday and posted a $15,000 bond on a felony stealing charge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Southeast Missourian.

concerned

Ballwin, MO

#1 Mar 30, 2007
The fine should be higher.What's the world coming to these days. Officers like him need to practice what that badge represents. Specially when a crime is reported to "them" they need to follow thru with it instead of not giving a rats butt about the victims and the victims still live in hell!!
CAH

Saint Peters, MO

#2 Nov 4, 2007
Where to start? First of all it's not a "fine" it's a "bond". Fines are paid after a conviction, bonds are the defendents assurance that he/she will appear in court to answer to the charges of the State. However, this officer obviously did not practice what he preached. It's a disgrace to others who wear a uniform. This is why you hear "The Police are crooked". On the flip side, "Police" are people too and occasionally you come across one or two that make the same stupid mistakes that others make. Truth of the matter is, you get what you pay for. The majority of Law Enforcment Officers in Missouri are paid below the poverty level. Law Enforcement is a specialized service, just the same as a doctor or lawyer. They have to remain up to date in their profeesion, in an ever changing world of crime. When was the last time you went for a checkup and your Dr. was wearing body armor? You only pay a person $20k/yr to walk into the "unknown" and your not gonna get "perfect" everytime. The starting salary of a Missouri State Highway Patrol Trooper is between $30k/yr and $35k/yr. They work wrecks and write speeding tickets. The average starting salary of a Missouri Deputy Sheriff is between $19k/yr and $25k/yr. They work every element of crime and policing in the state. YOU DO THE MATH! Don't refer to the cops gone bad as "they". It puts all cops under fire. Call them "criminals" and let the real "Cops" deal with them.

“I like it rough”

Since: Oct 07

Friskiville

#3 Nov 21, 2007
CAH wrote:
Where to start? First of all it's not a "fine" it's a "bond". Fines are paid after a conviction, bonds are the defendents assurance that he/she will appear in court to answer to the charges of the State. However, this officer obviously did not practice what he preached. It's a disgrace to others who wear a uniform. This is why you hear "The Police are crooked". On the flip side, "Police" are people too and occasionally you come across one or two that make the same stupid mistakes that others make. Truth of the matter is, you get what you pay for. The majority of Law Enforcment Officers in Missouri are paid below the poverty level. Law Enforcement is a specialized service, just the same as a doctor or lawyer. They have to remain up to date in their profeesion, in an ever changing world of crime. When was the last time you went for a checkup and your Dr. was wearing body armor? You only pay a person $20k/yr to walk into the "unknown" and your not gonna get "perfect" everytime. The starting salary of a Missouri State Highway Patrol Trooper is between $30k/yr and $35k/yr. They work wrecks and write speeding tickets. The average starting salary of a Missouri Deputy Sheriff is between $19k/yr and $25k/yr. They work every element of crime and policing in the state. YOU DO THE MATH! Don't refer to the cops gone bad as "they". It puts all cops under fire. Call them "criminals" and let the real "Cops" deal with them.
I agree there is a double standard, I usually side with police in most matters and if I get pulled over I am aways courteous because I know he is just doing his job. However I have been pulled over by some a-holes at times and the officer was fortunate he was wearing that uniform to keep his neck from being broken.

Basically what I am saying is: every career field has their bad eggs and you cannot punish anyone any harsher than anyone else. Disappointing? Yes, but no special treatment either way.
DONT THINK SO

Sikeston, MO

#5 Nov 15, 2008
typical wrote:
I heard he is now at Scott County?
No he is not at scott county...i don't belieive he ever returned back to law enforcement

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Nov 15, 2008
He never returned to law enforcement! He is moving on with his life, not bothering anyone so why don't you people let this stay where it should be...in the past! Its over, drop it!
Puh leez

Ballwin, MO

#7 Nov 15, 2008
This topic is so 2007. Why don't you catch up to 2008 before you get left behind in 09.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chaffee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
big e 3 hr guest 5
Sad 5 hr Guest 2
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Missouri (... (Oct '10) 8 hr aha 967
Dollar store customers Fri Customer 5
teresa parker May 26 guest 2
Chaffee Youth Leage May 23 youth league 32
Sid Atkins May 23 lol 7

Chaffee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chaffee Mortgages