Murder Mystery
Jane

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jun 17, 2009
A client and I were watching a show about cold case files and she brought up a local murder. She said that between Delta and Chaffee was a Cape Girardeau woman found dead on the side of the road. That a Chaffee police officer was the one who found her on a gravel road late at night. Apparently she was stabbed and dumped into the ditch but crawled up to the side of the road before passing away. There was a big speculation at that time about who done it. One suspect was the Officer who found her. Only because he "supposedly" had no business being on the gravel road durring his shift since he was a local officer. Does anyone know anything about this. She said she thought it happend about 10 years ago and that the girl was last seen alive walking home after a party.

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jun 17, 2009
You just made a hippa violation by talking about something a "client" told you. Not being a bitch just letting you know for future.
shaking my head

Farmington, MO

#3 Jun 17, 2009
hippa laws are regarding health not a tv show. a tv show that is HELLO ON TV so everybody can see it. i don't usually call people names but your're stupid.
shaking my head

Farmington, MO

#4 Jun 17, 2009
http://www.capecountysheriff.org/unsolvedhomi...
here is a link to unsolved murders in cape county. It sounds like you're talking about debra manning. according to the link that happened in 1983. just go to the link and click on the file folder next to her name.
Jane

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#5 Jun 17, 2009
Hippa law aaaaaaaaaahahaha what a moron. I never said what type of client she was. Also I never said anything about their health or the services I provided as well as anything that was going on in that home except a show on tv.

Anyway, thanks for the link but the murder. It wasn't that long ago acording to my client. But i'll check it out anyways. She is always watching those shows while I work. I'm sure she would love it if I shared it with her.
hhhmmmmm

Farmington, MO

#6 Jun 17, 2009
the link isn't just for mannings murders. its for cape counties unsolved murders
lakefan

Columbia, MO

#7 Jun 18, 2009
interesting link...How weird both those women were found on July 5. 3o+ years appart...strange...
Jane

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#8 Jun 18, 2009
That is exactly what I thought. And isn't the maner of their death identical? Makes me wonder if there will be another in 2013 on July 5th.
detech

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jun 19, 2009
hello
detech

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Jun 19, 2009
interesting subject been waiting for this to come back around. if i recall debra was at the old daytimers bar that nite. seems as though so was a chaffee cops brother. amazing they were on that road and found her while rabbit hunting. wonder whos hiding what and why did the bro all of a sudden hit town and cop lost job. help me out on this.
Wow

United States

#11 Jun 19, 2009
If I remember right when my mother and I was talking about it she said the police officers name was Rick McCall. And the old daytimers was named the Candle Wick at the time. They were talking to people that were there that night and all the ones that drove a van or truck because of the tire impressions that were beside where her body was found at. I think it's awful what happend to that girl just like that poor girl from Benton that was murdered. Awful and sad my thoughts and prayers go out to all the family's that lost loved ones.
Jane

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#12 Jun 19, 2009
Yeah you are right about the tire impressions. They said there was a heavy set of tire tracks from a big vehicle. Wow.... You REALLY can't trust anyone.
Wow

United States

#13 Jun 19, 2009
That is so true and it's really scary! You raise your kids and teach them to go to police and to trust them when they are in trouble but you may be putting them in danger. It's so sad the way people are. Does anyone know about the unsolved murder that happend to that girl in Benton?

“Perfect Insanity. :]”

Since: Jun 09

Benton, Missourah

#14 Jun 19, 2009
You can't trust anyone anymore, even the police are just as crooked as the convicts anymore. It just goes to show how the world is turning out to be, one BIG hellhole. What unsolved murder in Benton? I live it Benton and I haven't heard anything about it, when did it happen?
detech

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Jun 19, 2009
point to ponder good/bad cop but what was his brothers name.

Fenton, MO

#16 Jun 19, 2009
officer- david ivester brother- richard ivester not sure if this is who you are talking about but if i remember correctly it was these two. and richard just got back in chaffee a couple years ago,,, shortly before david left chaffee police department.
detech

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Jun 20, 2009
not ivester other cops bro
Pride

Cape Girardeau, MO

#18 Jun 20, 2009
Thanks for that link about it was very interesting.

I looked at the solved ones, its cool to see those were solved. And I say that with pride my uncle helped solve those by cracking a cold case in carbondale, and then worked with the Cape Girardeau PD to help solve the others.

He also helped solve another very old cold case there in carbondale. I often have wished they would contact him and maybe he could help solve the Bonnie Huffman murder. I had never heard of the Debra Manning one that is freaking the dates are the same.
wow

United States

#19 Jun 21, 2009
Trish_ wrote:
You can't trust anyone anymore, even the police are just as crooked as the convicts anymore. It just goes to show how the world is turning out to be, one BIG hellhole. What unsolved murder in Benton? I live it Benton and I haven't heard anything about it, when did it happen?
I read it in the newspaper they have a wreath out every year coming off the interstate to come into Benton from Sikeston. It was about 18 or 19 years ago. Some kid was just released from prison because he was falsly imprisoned for it. They are looking at other suspects but I haven't heard anything for a while. They said she was beat up and had been shot some place else and her body put there. You always hear rumors so sometimes it hard to know what is true and what isn't. I wish they would find who did it and give the family piece of mind. Plus it's scary to know that the person or person's who did it are still running around some where.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chaffee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
i want a big tattoo 15 min Guest 7
teachers and coaches leaving Cape Central 18 min Guest 75
Poll Brown Bag Video --- Have You Been There ? (Feb '08) 1 hr Guest 1,799
Why does the Missourian suck? 1 hr Guest 1
How many of you worms will vote for Trump 1 hr Guest 23
Latavish lopez 2 hr Seenher 4
Mondi 3 hr Bob 14
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chaffee Mortgages