Champion

Whittier, CA

#4265 Mar 30, 2014
Of the local Clubs for Gu15, only XplosionSC both A&B teams Advanced. No-- Strikers, Juve, & this is 1st yr. For LM Club. Next yr. Will be the gauge... Hope to see you in tournaments this summer
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#4266 Mar 30, 2014
That U15 Xplosion team is solid.
They have potential to go deep if they get a little luck. I think the B team just got luck in their draw.

Good lucking the next round
LMSA Info

Los Angeles, CA

#4267 Mar 30, 2014
sorry Big Dog,
normally your back field holds up? i heard you played short players. One thing i have learned is in State Cup one game can make or break you.
Specialy in later rounds. Consistency is the name of the game in state cup....
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4268 Mar 31, 2014
All on me.

All three teams had better records then us in the fall we got a tough draw no excesses they score more goal then us and that's the bottom line
Played with only 10 both days, Sunday 2 could hardly walk, still very proud of the effort the girls put in.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#4269 Mar 31, 2014
And as your kids get older it all gets tougher
All the weaker players drop out of soccer.

Unless you can pick up an impact player or two your just standing still. And in soccer language that's falling behind as everyone gets bigger, stronger and faster.

Good luck in Bronze again in Fall.
LMSA Info

Los Angeles, CA

#4270 Mar 31, 2014
Hows Fall season tryouts looking? I know for the u12's and under the Rec side always have kids interested that with some polishing up can be significant. Theres a great pool to draw from but from there on up LMSA has nothing left. Time to look outside the bx for olders. Even with a depleted pool im projecting two teams going Silver Elite next fall...maybe three teams.
And they said we would be bronze at best....
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4271 Mar 31, 2014
SoCalSoccer wrote:
And as your kids get older it all gets tougher
All the weaker players drop out of soccer.
Unless you can pick up an impact player or two your just standing still. And in soccer language that's falling behind as everyone gets bigger, stronger and faster.
Good luck in Bronze again in Fall.
It was a timing issue,
I have added an impact forward, she has scored 8 goals in 6 games, a shut down defender coming when her knee recovers and depth in the mid field line, we have a few more coming for tryouts this month and I hope to have the roster complete by end of month, we will petetion for silver for fall.
some issues- certain match-up issues- that I didn't see came to light this weekend.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4272 Mar 31, 2014
LMSA Info wrote:
Hows Fall season tryouts looking? I know for the u12's and under the Rec side always have kids interested that with some polishing up can be significant. Theres a great pool to draw from but from there on up LMSA has nothing left. Time to look outside the bx for olders. Even with a depleted pool im projecting two teams going Silver Elite next fall...maybe three teams.
And they said we would be bronze at best....
Real tough getting olders
now sure who didn't think we could get past bronze but I do think we could have a great silver level program and a few sprinkles of higher with better training.
As ours and other programs always going to have some slip ups we just need to move past it and forward
LMSA Info

Whittier, CA

#4273 Mar 31, 2014
Davis wrote:
<quoted text>
Real tough getting olders
now sure who didn't think we could get past bronze but I do think we could have a great silver level program and a few sprinkles of higher with better training.
As ours and other programs always going to have some slip ups we just need to move past it and forward
yeah the consensus back pre club is that we would struggle to have teams with a 500 record and that coaching with Daddy coaching would keep teams from surpassing Bronze, all the skeptics are long gone. Like i said there will be 2 or 3 teams making a run at Silver Elite in fall.
LMSA NEEDS MORE SKILL NIGHTS...trainers to work with the youngers that want to get better and are committed to LMSA. I know LMSA has some talented coaching, put them to work....what has the director of player development done to improve my child up to now? we need this to grow our future little stars and keep up with the sorrounding club programs. a summer camp maybe?
Parent

Perris, CA

#4274 Apr 1, 2014
Does any body the cost of la mirada club soccer for girls u10?
LMSA

Bell, CA

#4275 Apr 1, 2014
great fun,
good competetion,
"priceless"
each club team with in LMSA has different cost.
depending on a few factors,
amount of tournys,
if they use a paid trainer,
if they plan to purchase sweats and bags....
sometimes they do fund raising that helps..
best advice is to email the coach for a better idea of seasonal cost.
lmsa dad

La Mirada, CA

#4276 Apr 1, 2014
Can anyone tell me what a "Director of Player Development" job is ?
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#4277 Apr 1, 2014
LMSA Info wrote:
<quoted text>yeah the consensus back pre club is that we would struggle to have teams with a 500 record and that coaching with Daddy coaching would keep teams from surpassing Bronze, all the skeptics are long gone. Like i said there will be 2 or 3 teams making a run at Silver Elite in fall.
Lets not sugarcoat it. Lets really look at the results

8 teams in Club:
G10 - in Silver did poorly (4-6). Most likely did well enough to stay in Silver. Should never have started there. Bronze would have been a better start.

G11 - Bronze, took 2nd, will move to Silver
G12 & 13 did extremely poor. Should consider going back to Sig.

B13 did extremely well. Up to Silver for sure maybe Silver Elite.

G14 another team that did extremely well. Up to Silver for sure,

G15 - 4th in their Bronze bracket. If CSL expands higher brackets then this team will move up to Silver, if not it will stay in Bronze where their record requires them to be.

G19- the only reason they were put into Silver Elite is that is the lowest bracket for U19.
And without the LMHS G Varsity players next Fall they should just stay in NOCIL. Because Club teams will kill them.

So from 8 teams, 5 did average or poorly and will stay where they are or move down.
(I include G15 in that bracket because by their 4th place finish in the past they would not move up)
3 did good and will move up because of their record.

CSL could still move teams up via petition or just less teams so no lower brackets (U19 brackets for example), especially the G15.

So if G15 moves up, then 500% as predicted. if not then lower than predicted.

Still ok for a new club. But not the GREAT outcome that some are trying to make of it.
LMSA info

Bell, CA

#4278 Apr 1, 2014
ok from those teams at mediocracy their task is to improve on all aspects now that they have the club experience.
These other teams that have done well also need to keep with the growth or its eternal silver.
let me rephrase....and they said "NO" team would best 500.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#4279 Apr 1, 2014
SoCalSoccer wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets not sugarcoat it. Lets really look at the results
8 teams in Club:
G10 - in Silver did poorly (4-6). Most likely did well enough to stay in Silver. Should never have started there. Bronze would have been a better start.
G11 - Bronze, took 2nd, will move to Silver
G12 & 13 did extremely poor. Should consider going back to Sig.
B13 did extremely well. Up to Silver for sure maybe Silver Elite.
G14 another team that did extremely well. Up to Silver for sure,
G15 - 4th in their Bronze bracket. If CSL expands higher brackets then this team will move up to Silver, if not it will stay in Bronze where their record requires them to be.
G19- the only reason they were put into Silver Elite is that is the lowest bracket for U19.
And without the LMHS G Varsity players next Fall they should just stay in NOCIL. Because Club teams will kill them.
So from 8 teams, 5 did average or poorly and will stay where they are or move down.
(I include G15 in that bracket because by their 4th place finish in the past they would not move up)
3 did good and will move up because of their record.
CSL could still move teams up via petition or just less teams so no lower brackets (U19 brackets for example), especially the G15.
So if G15 moves up, then 500% as predicted. if not then lower than predicted.
Still ok for a new club. But not the GREAT outcome that some are trying to make of it.
YEP
Parent

Whittier, CA

#4280 Apr 1, 2014
LMSA GU9 new club team must be really desperate when the league has to send out the coaches resume to their parents.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#4281 Apr 1, 2014
Parent wrote:
LMSA GU9 new club team must be really desperate when the league has to send out the coaches resume to their parents.
Why is that desperate ?
Sounds like they are letting everyone know what they are getting from the start.

Good PR, especially if the coach(es) have some decent Club experience.

(Don't know one way or the other but if they do it's better for the girls isn't it ?)

And it looks like LMFC (LMSA Club) is moving along/growing nicely for the Fall.

Some solid teams coming back and some weak teams hopefully retooled for a better run.
lmsa oldtimer

Compton, CA

#4282 Apr 2, 2014
Parent wrote:
So whats his pedigree? who is he?
there's a few new coaches with a pedegree that have one win to their name in the lower level bracket in coast this spring. Doesn't look like fall will bring much different resultes. When all else fails bring in the paid trainers.
Davis

Inglewood, CA

#4283 Apr 2, 2014
Parent wrote:
So funny
Club

Los Angeles, CA

#4284 Apr 2, 2014
That's the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Faculty union: CSU needs more tenure 15 min Sedgewick P Hunsa... 2
Santa Monica to crack down on bike, pedestrian ... 41 min Shawn 1
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) 1 hr El Modelos Maxim 2,534
Master Kim 2 hr Master Kim 5
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) 9 hr lvcabbie 3,271
News All Los Angeles County Jails on Lockdown (Feb '06) 11 hr BUDSMOKER1503OC 1,712
Holy Cross Appears on Mars 11 hr Herme 5
More from around the web

Cerritos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]