State Cup

Whittier, CA

#4004 Jan 26, 2014
GU13 advance. Only 1 didn't, bu10. GU9, BU13 win their groups. GU11 bridesmaids again on a tiebreaker. Good start for these teams.
B13 Leon

Los Angeles, CA

#4005 Jan 27, 2014
State Cup wrote:
All teams you play against are dirty. More physical, aggressive doesn't always mean dirty. It's not signature anymore. Time to man up. Good luck next weekend. GU11 and BU13 move on. any word on the other 3 yet? Bu10 having a rough weekend going into their final game.
I think I know the game enough to know the difference between physical and dirty. We man up when its physical dont you worry.Proud of these boys that are really playing a balanced game. We will be advancing to escondido next week where the better teams have made it to. Although some of these wild card teams are below our level. Sunday the real teams will play...looks like we will be playing FC Rangers in the sunday round of 32.
Bu 10. they will grow and learn from this weekend. I believe they aswell are on a good path....our first trip to state cup as U11 we didnt win a game.
State Cup

Whittier, CA

#4006 Jan 27, 2014
You sound much better now. It only gets rougher as you get older. State Cup is usually called fairly loose by the referees unless you get some cocky ref that thinks they know everything and their crap don't stink. You can beat those little rangers.
state cup

Los Angeles, CA

#4007 Jan 28, 2014
You dont need to win the State Cup to be a champion. All going forward teams have accomplished an objective!
State cup participants are the best teams at their levels from all over the area and a few teams believing they belong. LMSA vision in the past was to move our teams out of the first weekend. So anything from here on is a plus. We would love to have a State Cup Champion but I believe the round of 16 is our best showing. Good luck to teams this weekend specially G13. I also want to congrats to the U9 girls who have won their bracket coming from signature. B13 past round of sixteen finalist hoping to better that this year.
Good luck great showing!

LMSA

Los Angeles, CA

#4008 Jan 28, 2014
Davis do winners get trophies medals ?
club$$

Los Angeles, CA

#4009 Jan 28, 2014
state cup wrote:
Good luck to teams this weekend specially G13.
Good luck great showing!
After winning 1 game, scoring 8 goals all of the fall year, I'm sure MANY had no expectations for GU13... They scored half as many goals and won the same amount if games in 3 games vs 10 or whatever they played for fall. Onto the next round for them, in what could be a winnable game vs a team that appears to be evenly matches (GF/GA)... They may make it to Sunday.. If they do that would be above and beyond the teams goal! G luck to them!!
lmsa grapvine

Los Angeles, CA

#4010 Jan 28, 2014
LMSA wrote:
Davis do winners get trophies medals ?
Word has it its a LMSA canopy.
picture on the website.
and a free hot dog!How about the rights to cut big dogs ponytail.....
State Cup

Whittier, CA

#4011 Jan 29, 2014
lmsa grapvine wrote:
<quoted text>
Word has it its a LMSA canopy.
picture on the website.
and a free hot dog!How about the rights to cut big dogs ponytail.....
I think cutting the pony tail is all you get. Cal South posts your picture and gives you a medal. it's not that easy to win 9 games in a row. 5 in a row against top teams.
Davis

Inglewood, CA

#4012 Jan 29, 2014
Funny
lmsa Dad

Los Angeles, CA

#4013 Jan 29, 2014
State Cup wrote:
<quoted text>
I think cutting the pony tail is all you get. Cal South posts your picture and gives you a medal. it's not that easy to win 9 games in a row. 5 in a row against top teams.
Glad Big Dog still here for a minute I thought he had his posting priveladges taken away...lol
B13 loss will hit hard it will be first loss in 22 official games.(league...league cup....anahiem tourny....and now state cup).
keep it going Boys......make it out this weekend and its quarter finals.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#4014 Jan 29, 2014
Really ?? not been around for awhile have you I post everyday, yes I'm a loser

ok isn't anything sacred
Leon B13

Los Angeles, CA

#4015 Jan 29, 2014
As all great runs come to an end so will this one. I hope itwont be for 7 more games though. Bob ilet you keep your sacred tail....no worries there.
we wont have behrringer next week just by chance we make it out where can we train next week?
LMSA

Whittier, CA

#4016 Jan 30, 2014
Well it's do or die time for the teams. Don't see LMSA teams making it out of this weekend, after saturday the cream of the crop plays. But would not be surprised to see Boys 13's team still in to the Q final game.
Yeh

Whittier, CA

#4017 Feb 1, 2014
BU13, GU9 and GU11 Move on to Sunday. Hopefully one can make it through this weekend.
lmsaBU13

Hawaiian Gardens, CA

#4018 Feb 2, 2014
Yeh wrote:
BU13, GU9 and GU11 Move on to Sunday. Hopefully one can make it through this weekend.
i heard BU13 lost in round of 32
info

Los Angeles, CA

#4019 Feb 3, 2014
gu9
bu13
to round of 16 and out.
B13Leon

Los Angeles, CA

#4020 Feb 3, 2014
Ok, so i need to vent somewhere.So much hi hopes were riding on us here with State cup. where so many teams would have loved to make round of 16. Our hopes were 1 game away from quarter finals. It was a surprise to play fatigued and injured. and come up short with a team was riding the cinderlla story in. Frustration and panic...as time ran out. it is what it is but every team gave us praise for what we showed and offered us a scrimmage.
il be playing this team in a scrimmage soon.
You want to be a champ u have to be consistent in all your games.

club$$

Huntington Beach, CA

#4021 Feb 3, 2014
B13Leon wrote:
Ok, so i need to vent somewhere.So much hi hopes were riding on us here with State cup. where so many teams would have loved to make round of 16. Our hopes were 1 game away from quarter finals. It was a surprise to play fatigued and injured. and come up short with a team was riding the cinderlla story in. Frustration and panic...as time ran out. it is what it is but every team gave us praise for what we showed and offered us a scrimmage.
il be playing this team in a scrimmage soon.
You want to be a champ u have to be consistent in all your games.
Well said.
Davis

La Habra, CA

#4022 Feb 3, 2014
Proud of all our team at state cup this year
other coach

Los Angeles, CA

#4023 Feb 3, 2014
Not a bad showing. Its hard to keep kids rested focused injury free for a few weekends. LESSONS are learned and kids need a loss to refocus as long as theres tears theres passion!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
La Mirada Locs Smash LMP (Jul '15) 2 min foreign faders 21
La Mirada crime up in 2016 for second year in a... 8 min Darryl Fates 10
News Quake: CSULB buildings evacuated; local schools... (Jul '08) 11 min PagingChinx 6
#CNN FAKE NEWS is So Much Funner! 12 min Rodgerz Mikey Moo... 2
No Deal for Pauline Deal in March election 17 min Pauline FerReals 10
Two Whittier officers shot 9 hr LM News 6
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 16 hr ResidentPhartx 32,756

Cerritos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cerritos Mortgages