BU13 Dad

Los Angeles, CA

#3841 Dec 26, 2013
Does look like a nice match up with SCDSL north champion in our first week bracket pairings. Also a few teams from San Diego. if the weather stays nice could be great weekend in January.
Two teams advance hope to be one of them.
LMSA Observer

Buena Park, CA

#3842 Dec 26, 2013
Davis wrote:
brackets done
Can you tell me where the youngers are playing at?
CalSoSoccer

Los Angeles, CA

#3843 Dec 26, 2013
BU13 Dad wrote:
Does look like a nice match up with SCDSL north champion in our first week bracket pairings. Also a few teams from San Diego. if the weather stays nice could be great weekend in January.
Two teams advance hope to be one of them.
You want to prove your worth you have to play the big boys.
Otherwise you can play the little people and think your something like Champion does.
Good luvk to all the local teams this coming Cup season
High School

Whittier, CA

#3844 Dec 26, 2013
BU13 Dad wrote:
Does look like a nice match up with SCDSL north champion in our first week bracket pairings. Also a few teams from San Diego. if the weather stays nice could be great weekend in January.
Two teams advance hope to be one of them.
You should be ok. They are in the below bronze level tier 3 of SCDSL. They have the bottom 16 teams playing in that tier so any team that is decent is in tier 2. You played many teams better than that. 64 teams advance and only 23 go home. all but the 4th place teams and the bottom 2 of the 3rd place teams don't advance.
Coast vrs SCDSL

Los Angeles, CA

#3845 Dec 27, 2013
So is SCDSL tier lll below Coast Bronze? Those at at SCDSL believe their league is superior then Coast. The hype is there but is the talent there? State cup is open to both leagues anyone know who has done better?
Davis

Tustin, CA

#3846 Dec 27, 2013
My comment is in CSL you earn your spot in SCDSL you are given it without maybe earning it
CalSoSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#3847 Dec 27, 2013
If you look at the Cal South levels for State and National cups
It goes something like this.
State Cuo Gov's: CSL Bronze, SCDSL Tier III
Signature and Rec All-Star teams as well as most but not all LA Futbol and San Diego teams.
Poor performing Silver and Tier II can petition to play in Gov's as well

Presidents: CSL Silver and Silver Elite, SCDSL Tier II. Some Gold, Premier and Tier I teams play here as well. Although any team in lower levels can play up for the money.

Nat Cup: this is designed for the cream of the crop.
CSL Gold, Premier, Tier I, ECNL, SCRL or any other top level team that wants to compete with the big boys/girls. And any lower level team can also compete by just paying the money.
notalways

La Mirada, CA

#3848 Dec 27, 2013
Davis wrote:
My comment is in CSL you earn your spot in SCDSL you are given it without maybe earning it
As you know, the higher you go in level, the more your club will charge you. ie; Fullerton Rangers Gold & Silver Elite players pay much more than Bronze players). Therefore, it financially behooves the big clubs to quickly promote their teams, whether it is earned or not. Many teams that belong to powerful clubs promote in spite of their end of season standings.Davis you will argue that these teams probably do well in the League cup or State Cup or tournaments. This isn't the case. With CSL, as with life in general, money talks... and the Fullerton Rangers other big clubs have lots of money! I've seen this occur time and time again. it's unfortunate.. but its reality and its the truth
LM Parent

Whittier, CA

#3849 Dec 28, 2013
Has LMSA brought in any new experienced coaches to help the program this winter?
LM Parent

La Habra, CA

#3850 Dec 28, 2013
LM Parent wrote:
Has LMSA brought in any new experienced coaches to help the program this winter?
No they have not. Still non paid coaches so the same thing will continue. Some coaches may have coached club previously but that's as good as they can get.
Coast Dad

Pomona, CA

#3851 Dec 28, 2013
Almost half of the coast teams are being promoted brackets because of their great results. The other teams that struggledhave replaced their coach. so what are you complaining about? dont tweek all the coaching thereare these teams that have great results. What do you want all team to have finished undefeated? I believe our u13 team was all volunteer work who never lost to any paid coach in league or league cup.

So your either on a team ascending up or getting a new coach.

Or supporting the coach who made a buck yet couldnt win but 2 games and had more goals against then for,
if pay was merrited for coaching he would have been the last one to recieve my dollar.
other coach

Pomona, CA

#3852 Dec 29, 2013
LM Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
No they have not. Still non paid coaches so the same thing will continue. Some coaches may have coached club previously but that's as good as they can get.
Have you been to all of the teams games and practices before you judge based on win loss record? Even paid high level coaches have bad seasons.
It takes an eye and proper soccer background to really judge a team and trainning before i would call for a replacement. Or paid in the beliefs of it be the solution.
One thing is true if you have a well known talented coach based on results development and worth. The talent will follow where ever he goes. Paid or Volunteer.
Davis

Tustin, CA

#3853 Dec 29, 2013
notalways wrote:
<quoted text>As you know, the higher you go in level, the more your club will charge you. ie; Fullerton Rangers Gold & Silver Elite players pay much more than Bronze players). Therefore, it financially behooves the big clubs to quickly promote their teams, whether it is earned or not. Many teams that belong to powerful clubs promote in spite of their end of season standings.Davis you will argue that these teams probably do well in the League cup or State Cup or tournaments. This isn't the case. With CSL, as with life in general, money talks... and the Fullerton Rangers other big clubs have lots of money! I've seen this occur time and time again. it's unfortunate.. but its reality and its the truth
Ref to me I don't understand ?
Csl has rules on promotion scdsl doesn't, if Csl doesn't follow suit show me, so I can talk to my friends there and Get their explanation
Davis

Whittier, CA

#3854 Dec 30, 2013
just to start something and speaking of coaches can anyone tell me the last MLB manager of the year that won the world series
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#3855 Dec 30, 2013
how about the question of what haopened to the portable lights?
and how much uses LMSA got out of them.
NicsDad

Covina, CA

#3856 Dec 30, 2013
Coast vrs SCDSL wrote:
So is SCDSL tier lll below Coast Bronze? Those at at SCDSL believe their league is superior then Coast. The hype is there but is the talent there? State cup is open to both leagues anyone know who has done better?
Have experienced watching children play in both Coast (Bronze to Premier) and SCDSL (Flights 1 & 2).

IMHO, SCDSL fans believe theirs is better because more of the larger, successful clubs moved over. Overall play is at or below that of Coast at Flight 1, because (again just my opinion) Flight 2 teams can be moved up because individual teams "believe" they belong and can appeal to be promoted to Flight 1, as opposed to Coast where teams are promoted or relegated according to on-field performance/place in standings. the difference is found at the upper levels of play.

On occasion, I watched some really bad soccer at Flight 1 level this season, then watched some really great soccer when Jr. was a guest with a Coast Gold (premier in Fall 2014) team.
talent scout

Los Angeles, CA

#3857 Dec 30, 2013
I have seen bad teams in both leagues aswell as great teams. I personally see Coast a bit better. But the Big money Clubs are SCDSL and its prestige.
Its the OC County vrs LA County ...Range Rover Rolex and Silicone superiority.
Money galore for coach trainer and what ever Jr. needs.
LM GU12 Parent

La Habra, CA

#3858 Dec 31, 2013
I hope it is true that LMSA is looking for paid coaches. The BOD is possibly looking at changing the rules. I hope it's true because these kids deserve better.
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#3859 Dec 31, 2013
here we go changing LMSA by laws.
play time and residncy rule soon to follow.
Hope prices dont change for the non paid coached teams.
Rec or Club

Whittier, CA

#3860 Dec 31, 2013
lmsa wrote:
here we go changing LMSA by laws.
play time and residncy rule soon to follow.
Hope prices dont change for the non paid coached teams.
all of you are missing the lesson. Its simple keep Rec. With all the Fun rules, like now. CLUB, has to be separated because its based on higher knowledge of the beautiful game and the players game time is determined by their expertise of the game at that age and level. Simply, the more you show the more you play that is why its very important to get better Coaches and trainers for Club.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 8 hr Bruin For Life 28,452
La Mirada Boosters In trouble under Moschetti 12 hr LM parent 37
Long Beach man strangles cat meant to be gift t... 15 hr Allen 1
Man Shot Tues Nite (Dec. 23) In NW North Long B... 16 hr Ben 1
Bob Hope Christmas 23 hr June 1
Los Angeles cracks down on tow truck bandits. Wed Audrey 1
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) Tue El Modelos Maxim 2,437

High Wind Warning for Los Angeles County was issued at December 25 at 2:24AM PST

Cerritos News Video

Cerritos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cerritos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cerritos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cerritos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:07 am PST