SoCalSoccer

Concord, CA

#3459 Nov 4, 2013
Observer wrote:
Great job all three Bronze teams move on in League Cup!
BU13
GU11
GU12
great weekend.
Come on now, give Bob his due, his GU15 also moved up
So far all but GU19,(who forfeited their LC games), GU10 who might give it a run and GU13 who still might surprise but I doubt it, are left.

Even if everyone loses now LM soccer has represented well for a first year program in Club.
Boys u13

Los Angeles, CA

#3460 Nov 4, 2013
Coach lmsa wrote:
<quoted text>
Great to hear these teams have won a chance to continue on. But we are still waiting for that second round winner in League Cup play to step up for LMSA. G14 came up short today. G11 and B13 the teams that might surprise.
I have scouted the gold team we will be playing next round in league cup. True they are Gold level but this is the time we need to bring the A game. I know these boys can play the game and have the passion to win.
Dont count us out the minute i showlack of confidence were done.
the hardest part will be to get the kids by 8AM to san bernardino complex.
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#3461 Nov 4, 2013
SoCalSoccer wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on now, give Bob his due, his GU15 also moved up
So far all but GU19,(who forfeited their LC games), GU10 who might give it a run and GU13 who still might surprise but I doubt it, are left.
Even if everyone loses now LM soccer has represented well for a first year program in Club.
Agree a great first year the big question is can we keep getting better
Next year we will have at least 3 teams moving up and a whole new game
Club Coach

Whittier, CA

#3462 Nov 4, 2013
Boys u13 wrote:
<quoted text>I have scouted the gold team we will be playing next round in league cup. True they are Gold level but this is the time we need to bring the A game. I know these boys can play the game and have the passion to win.
Dont count us out the minute i showlack of confidence were done.
the hardest part will be to get the kids by 8AM to san bernardino complex.
One advantage this weeknd is you dont have to play the bench or the weaker players. Your playing same rules as the club teams no mandatory play time. They are going to take a few wild card teams, so a tie with the gold Team and a win with the silver team might place in you in the next round. But i wouldnt bet the farm. Higher level teams prey on the bronze teams in the second round.
other coach

Los Angeles, CA

#3463 Nov 5, 2013
If you want the kids to develope to a higher level then increase the intensity. Speed is going to be the factor in silver and higher. To many coaches allow all the kids to just go through the motions of each drills....tbey become to comfortable. That works for u8 and under playing Rec.
Speed up their drills. physical reaction time and mental reaction time. Dont let frustration set in because thats where the key will be.
Dont mis interpret racing the 100 as opposed to recieve and execute in accelerated speed.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#3464 Nov 5, 2013
control drills with speed - space - time straight from the E class
LMHS

Marina Del Rey, CA

#3465 Nov 5, 2013
Congrats to the Tustin G15 group for clinching first place in Premier. 5 of 6 LM freshman from that team made the LMHS Varsity team that was just announced Friday. It shows that there is enough talent here in LM to compete at the highest level as long as the training is there.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#3466 Nov 5, 2013
CONFUCIUS SAYS -- If we can train they will come --

Congrats to those girls well deserved.
I had the pleasure to have three of those girls on the Benton team last year they are special.
LMHS wrote:
Congrats to the Tustin G15 group for clinching first place in Premier. 5 of 6 LM freshman from that team made the LMHS Varsity team that was just announced Friday. It shows that there is enough talent here in LM to compete at the highest level as long as the training is there.
LMSA

Carson, CA

#3467 Nov 5, 2013
LMHS wrote:
Now will they play for the U19 LMSA silver elite coach at LM high? Great gift as a coach to recieve them, sounds like they went else where to get better training. For what that u 19 coach that got paid did I think a daddy coach could have done just aswell.
Davis

Whittier, CA

#3468 Nov 5, 2013
IS there a published rooster for all teams LMHS
LMHS

Chicago, IL

#3469 Nov 5, 2013
Davis wrote:
IS there a published rooster for all teams LMHS
A list was sent to the parents yesterday, separating Varsity and JV/frosh-soph. The JV & Frosh teams haven't been separated yet.

Team will not be joining LMSA but would've stayed back in U9 if club was available in LM AYSO back then. Didn't want to move but needed to.
LM Parent

Concord, CA

#3470 Nov 5, 2013
Of course they won't be joining the LMSA GU19 team. That team's season is just about done.

The LMHS team is going after a CIF championship this year. They don't need to waste time worrying about club

After all is said and done then next Fall will take care of itself.

U19 coach did a good job with the poor quality of players he was given. Hopefully he can get some better players for next Fall.
But then he will be stepping on Bob's tors trying to get the HS age LM bound girls to see the benefits of starting their training with him instead of Bob.

Should be interesting
Davis

Whittier, CA

#3471 Nov 5, 2013
something I heard about the HS teams.
The HS coaches don't all teach the same system of play, each coach choose's what system they play so there isn't contiguity? If player moves up during the season or CIF wouldn't that be a problem?

I know that it is for my team, and I have to spend a lot of time explaining the different roles players have in the different systems

Should be proud that wasn't ment for you but what would it take
Davis

Whittier, CA

#3472 Nov 5, 2013
Really?
Haven't heard yet have you.

So is a coach only as good as their players or does the coach make their players? "Poor quality of players he was given" sounds bad who gave him those players?

"LM HS bound girls" all my girls are in HS, are you saying that my girls should go play for him as the better players you speak of, meaning that they are "better players" he should get THANKS FOR THAT - THAT SPECIAL COMING FROM SUCH AN ADMIRER lol

I really would like to know what I did to you to upset you and make it right by you.
LM Parent wrote:
Of course they won't be joining the LMSA GU19 team. That team's season is just about done.
The LMHS team is going after a CIF championship this year. They don't need to waste time worrying about club
U19 coach did a good job with the poor quality of players he was given. Hopefully he can get some better players for next Fall.
But then he will be stepping on Bob's tors trying to get the HS age LM bound girls to see the benefits of starting their training with him instead of Bob.
Should be interesting
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#3473 Nov 5, 2013
Doesn't sound negative. Just realistic.
LMHS girls now have an option in the coming Fall.

Play for the Varsity Coach in LMSA GU19 and get a leg up in the HS program/system of said coach. The age doesn't matter because Varsity can consist of kids 14 to 19.
Or play for any other LMSA coach in their proper age bracket.

It all depends on the plans of the player/family doesn't it ?
If HS soccer is important I would go with the HS U19 team, as it offers the best opportunity to get the looks and training to make the Varsity.
Doesn't mean their gonna make it, but it is the best opportunity.
Club

Whittier, CA

#3474 Nov 5, 2013
LM Parent wrote:
Should be interesting
typical lm. No clue just hide behind the blog. The GU19 I believe entered as a S.Elite Team from mainly local players and they will Remain in the same level at the Highest that LMSA has. So negative nanny stop the jealousy and give credit where its due. Only thing poor is your choice of words...
G LMSA

Carson, CA

#3475 Nov 6, 2013
LMSA needs to focus on the younger teams not who how when why where what.....girls at the u19 will be doing it showed this season they simply just didnt have it. I think the whole Prom excuse is hogwash. They knew it would be two games and out so why wast time. I watched them play a few times.
No Ideas. Couldnt string more then three passes. Kickball soccer. No field position. Believe what you want to believe but when you have a professional coach getting paid and girls at this age lost its sad.
The high hope I had for this team in the pre season has faded.
LMSA Parent

Carson, CA

#3476 Nov 6, 2013
Do the teams get any Medals or trophy for winning in Coast league?

League Cup seems to be a great step in the preperation for some of the teams making the higher jump. But the first round play is all we can expect. State cup seems to be more evenly matched teams. They bracket all bronze together and below. Does Coast have a Bronze tournament?
Davis

Los Angeles, CA

#3477 Nov 6, 2013
Club wrote:
<quoted text>
typical lm. No clue just hide behind the blog. The GU19 I believe entered as a S.Elite Team from mainly local players and they will Remain in the same level at the Highest that LMSA has. So negative nanny stop the jealousy and give credit where its due. Only thing poor is your choice of words...
Not sure if you were saying this U19 silver elite is the lowest level at that age there is no bronze or silver
those that are playing club should be doing it for the next level college not that many will get scholarship but when you fill out your college application and say i played gold ect that's what they like to see
not all college players get scholarships and higher level club is better for admittance
Just a point there are kids playing JV that can't make bronze teams
Boys u13

Carson, CA

#3478 Nov 6, 2013
League Cup will be a good test.
first game vrs LA Premiere. is Gold level team about average in their bracket. Any team playing gold bracket has no weak players. Quality kids from the sorrounding cities begging to play at this level. Proffesional coaching quality trainers. This particular club has three u13 level teams i was told. A few months back someone from LA Premiere had posted that Signature teams like ours had no quality or talent and for their teams to play us would be a waste.
if I had the time i would find the post.
we get a shot at their gold team next round of League Cup. Not that we will win but hope to keep it close. Daddy coaching a bunch of Rec and signature players thats all we are.....to premiere Clubs.
I know we raised their eye brows by beating their Bronze team first round 9 to 1.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 55 min Trojan 28,252
no more sunday blues jam at the imperial strip ... (Aug '09) 1 hr TedWya 6
Street Sweeping (Apr '10) 1 hr thecack 15
Lower gas prices means more people on the road ... 3 hr Ronald 1
Thanksgiving Tanglewood and Centrailia EVACUATION 12 hr Paul 3
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) Wed arnold kelly 3,155
Stalker case leads to lawsuit against St. Bruno... (Feb '13) Wed Still here 2 1,299

Cerritos News Video

Cerritos Dating
Find my Match

Cerritos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cerritos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cerritos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:19 pm PST