New on Board

Los Angeles, CA

#3139 Sep 25, 2013
poor fools wrote:
The wishing well is all dried up for u12 and up.
All those talented kids that left pre coast times will not be returning. Local kids! Residents! Now what? develope what the well has to offer. Or lighten up on the residency Rule.
questio;
will LMSA keep tabs on minumum playing time in Coast?
reasoning to have weaker players develop, reality lighten your roster .......thats why we need some signature teams to back up the coast teams for the future. A and B team.....
Like most rec programs it will mainly be up to the individual parents to police the sub policy.
First they go to the coach, then the Div Director then the board.
That's the way it has aways been.
Very few program s have the manpower to monitory every team
snowcone man

Los Angeles, CA

#3140 Sep 26, 2013
Its gona be a great wrekend of good teams playing our undefeated team. Some have to step it up if they want to still get a snow cone...
by monday one of the snow cone will melt.
and then there was three undefeated teams.
bronze

Whittier, CA

#3141 Sep 26, 2013
poor fools wrote:
The wishing well is all dried up for u12 and up.
All those talented kids that left pre coast times will not be returning. Local kids! Residents! Now what? develope what the well has to offer. Or lighten up on the residency Rule.
questio;
will LMSA keep tabs on minumum playing time in Coast?
reasoning to have weaker players develop, reality lighten your roster .......thats why we need some signature teams to back up the coast teams for the future. A and B team.....
The quantity of player3 aren't there. We are playing the same team 3 times in u12 so there can't be a signature team added. The LM kid population will need to boom with more players in this age group to have both programs. Parents don't want to travel with their 10 and 11 year olds. They want to stay at the same field as their other children. So those players returning from other clubs will have to go back to rec. if they aren't good enough for the club teams.
bronze

Whittier, CA

#3142 Sep 26, 2013
We have a premier player on the GU19 team and they haven't won a game in the lowest division. You would think that a true premier player would dominate at this level with the superior training and talent they must have.
What it shows is that it takes a team to win even at these levels. So many players can play with higher level teams but most will not stand out just like most don't stand out right now. I don't see 20,000 California Club players with scholarships. It is not guaranteed just because your daddy tells someone you are the best.
LM Resident

La Mirada, CA

#3143 Sep 26, 2013
What player is that ?
I have seen the U19 Girls team and it has 2 really good standout players.
The GK and the Leftside defender,(from the LM GK)

The GK has saved dozens of shots on goal from attacks down the middle and from the right side (of the GK).
But she couldn't stop everything, no Gk can. And the Leftside defender is able to stop every attack on that side. But she can only stop one side.
Once teams figure out LM's weakness they adjust.
That's soccer.

These 2 girls are awesome.

BUT teams can't win if they can't score.
snowcone man

Huntington Park, CA

#3144 Sep 26, 2013
Does that u19 coach really get paid? I think for what they pay a HS coach to train them i can find three impact players on my snowcone rout in norwalk. I dont believe a paid coach is stuggling for a win after 4/5 games. personally im not hearing good things about that team in regards to development. With respect ...maybe he can get one of the trainers the LMSA Teams are using....
LM Resident

La Mirada, CA

#3145 Sep 26, 2013
Its not a bad team. Most of the girls are not seniors so they are playing up,(U19).
Thier defense is decent, considering they are playing girls who are usually older, and have played together for a while.

They are learning control and movement. They just have no natural scorers, and no speed up top.
Hence the lack of goals.

But they are learning the Varsity Coach's style of play which will help them in their quest to make Varsity, which is the whole reason for this team's existence.
LMSA Parent

Buena Park, CA

#3146 Sep 26, 2013
snowcone man wrote:
Does that u19 coach really get paid? I think for what they pay a HS coach to train them i can find three impact players on my snowcone rout in norwalk. I dont believe a paid coach is stuggling for a win after 4/5 games. personally im not hearing good things about that team in regards to development. With respect ...maybe he can get one of the trainers the LMSA Teams are using....
Yes the coach is getting paid.
LMSA Grapevine

Los Angeles, CA

#3147 Sep 26, 2013
LM Resident wrote:
Its not a bad team. Most of the girls are not seniors so they are playing up,(U19).
Thier defense is decent, considering they are playing girls who are usually older, and have played together for a while.
They are learning control and movement. They just have no natural scorers, and no speed up top.
Hence the lack of goals.
But they are learning the Varsity Coach's style of play which will help them in their quest to make Varsity, which is the whole reason for this team's existence.
But is he getting paid?
theres a team that will probably win u14 Coast Premiere bracke that are u 13.....when you good your good.
walter white

Covina, CA

#3148 Sep 27, 2013
Nice Albert. Next to last and 9 (!) cards already through five games. you are supposed to PRO-gress, not RE-gress on a yearly basis. what a waste of some talented kids from LMSA. Some of these kids showed promise at U9. How could you do this to these young men and their families?
LMSA Grapevine

La Puente, CA

#3149 Sep 27, 2013
walter white wrote:
Nice Albert. Next to last and 9 (!) cards already through five games. you are supposed to PRO-gress, not RE-gress on a yearly basis. what a waste of some talented kids from LMSA. Some of these kids showed promise at U9. How could you do this to these young men and their families?
What is it about that man?
and hes on the board at xplosion getting fines for behavioral issues, his reputation of not a great coach but the most dirty team in the area F bombs from the kids..the proof is in the pudding. Parents your in the cellar w/ that many cards...
come on those that can read english run, it wont be long before the basket of apples get spoiled. MY SON PLAY THERE NOT A CHANCE !
what can he learn physical soccer? dirty and physical are diferent. The apple doesnt fall far from the tree....its your kid not mine i have choices.
LMSA New

La Puente, CA

#3150 Sep 27, 2013
LMSA Grapevine wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it about that man?
and hes on the board at xplosion getting fines for behavioral issues, his reputation of not a great coach but the most dirty team in the area F bombs from the kids..the proof is in the pudding. Parents your in the cellar w/ that many cards...
come on those that can read english run, it wont be long before the basket of apples get spoiled. MY SON P
LAY THERE NOT A CHANCE !
what can he learn physical soccer? dirty and physical are diferent. The apple doesnt fall far from the tree....its your kid not mine i have choices.
LMSA IS JUST A CLEANER ENVIROMENT ALL AROUND.
Thats why we are here now.
new club parent

Whittier, CA

#3151 Sep 27, 2013
Looking at this blog from lmsa, I find it funny that people would know what another club from another city is doing. Most don't even know their neighbors.
Traveler

Los Angeles, CA

#3152 Sep 28, 2013
We are all one big community
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

#3153 Sep 28, 2013
LMSA Boys U13 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Corinthians is also undefeated they are the leading goal scorers of the bracket, They will be playing Boys U13 who has aloud the least goals of the bracket. First place up for grab this weekend. Home game for LMSA, Behringer home field advantage...lol
I like defense over offense on this one, We win 3 to 0.
Yeah those kids are the real deal in bronze no lack of concentration they will definatly be recieving a snow cone. We watched them win there fourth game this afternoon.
bronze

Whittier, CA

#3154 Sep 28, 2013
bobby is the winner. two more teams fall for the first time. I bet a lot of other club teams would like to have said that. 4-5 games without losing.
bronze

Whittier, CA

#3155 Sep 28, 2013
lmsa dad wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah those kids are the real deal in bronze no lack of concentration they will definatly be recieving a snow cone. We watched them win there fourth game this afternoon.
They had harder games in Signature. Why oh why do parents spend that kind of money and get less than Signature coaching and playing ability.
soccer dad 99

La Mirada, CA

#3156 Sep 28, 2013
The boys U13 team is not the same team that played signature. They have evolved into the team they are now. Picked up some new players with speed and continue to develop the players they had. Making the round of 16 at state cup was an outstanding accomplishment. So far it looks promising, but it is still too early to tell. I hope they keep it up. Good Luck!!
u13 Mom

Los Angeles, CA

#3157 Sep 28, 2013
bronze wrote:
<quoted text>
They had harder games in Signature. Why oh why do parents spend that kind of money and get less than Signature coaching and playing ability.
I have to admit the team is very well balanced. Coaching is very structured and syncronized. Their Chemistry is one of thier assets. And yes there were harder games in signature last season for these boys only because they played up a year.
We are very fortunate to have a coach of his caliber at
LMSA and us be a part of what he has been doing.. He
loves the league his team and the boys. Never takes a day off and opens practices to all who love the game and wish to improve. As a mom i might not know what it takes for the team to win on the field. But when they do step onto the field he has them believing their invincible.
thanks coach.
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#3158 Sep 30, 2013
Its great to see some of the teams doing very well. But some of them are not. Will they continue in coast? To keep the minimum teams required in coast hopefully the promotion of the better teams from signature will occur.
LMSA has worked hard to bring club it would be a shame to loose club now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
La Mirada Music Thread (Oct '15) 38 min Musikologist 4
people in military bases in France in the sixties (Mar '07) 1 hr MardiM 3,657
Downey High School Haunted? (Jul '09) 18 hr Jema 26
News A girl waves a Mexican flag during rallies in L... (Mar '06) Fri False Flag Follies 4,550
The Principal at my son's elementary school cus... Fri Mirna 2
News Whistle-blower lawsuit seeks return of $500,000... Thu The More You Know 5
News Consulado Mexicano "Sobre Ruedas" dara servicio... (Jan '11) Thu Sarcasm 55

Cerritos Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cerritos Mortgages