Davis

La Habra, CA

#2608 Jul 3, 2013
First who it new GU15 team?

Second back in the day when I was with WSC/AUSC we were looking at getting rid of some of the team because of the poor reflection on the overall program. Because so many votes were from coaches we weren't able to accomplish that and went to the A B setup but that didn't work either because of coach player loyalty and BS.

Xplosion it's not how big it's how good

ALL HAVE A GREAT 4TH
Davis

La Habra, CA

#2609 Jul 3, 2013
priority for decisions when at WSC-

Club
Team
Player
players

United States

#2610 Jul 3, 2013
lmsa wrote:
<quoted text>
They bring any teams in not very selective on teams talents....although they try to recruit teams to switch clubs when they play good teams...our team had been aproached after a win over a xplosion team. nothing wrong w free enterprise.
Yes, For Spring 2012 some teams were approved on a trial basis but didn't make the cut...team
commitment/dedication wasn't there. In addition, there have been other teams that have recently been denied for Fall 2013.
lmsa

Montebello, CA

#2611 Jul 3, 2013
in the mexican league the age brackets are a little different. but the team i watched was an xplosion team not the onethat won state....play a team comprised of silver and up club players that play onlyon this team for game purposes sundays...and are playing up.
players

United States

#2612 Jul 3, 2013
lmsa wrote:
in the mexican league the age brackets are a little different. but the team i watched was an xplosion team not the onethat won state....play a team comprised of silver and up club players that play onlyon this team for game purposes sundays...and are playing up.
When did you watch them play? Sunday the 29th?
lmsa

Whittier, CA

#2613 Jul 3, 2013
yeah sunday....morning. xplosion team had ome or two very talented girls. they tied 1 to 1. But dominated most of the game just couldnt finish.
lmsa dad

Whittier, CA

#2614 Jul 4, 2013
skeptic not wrote:
Silver and silver elite. There is no reason LMSA shouldnt have three or four more teams playing there next year. It has the talent in the younger divisions and can pool from REC and the good teams. But the Boys side has decided to not go that rout? M I S T A K E ! LMSA can produce the talent from these ages....Older teams have to recruit to find talent. I even believe some younger teams have the numbers to have both a club and signatue team. Hopefully now that kids stay and realize we have a good thing.
yea I See the website is full for boys under 10. And they cant findgood players among that pool to play at least bronze club. Dont kid me I watch the teams play. Good coaching can develope player within two seasons. Good players can develope within one.
I have seen good coaching polish up good Rec kids in to higher then Bronze level with in one year. But it takes hard work commitment andcoaching passion.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#2615 Jul 4, 2013
It's not that they couldn't find the players, its just that the Sig teams realized that they just weren't ready for club. You do have to go in at least thinking you can win more than lose.
And certain boys divisions were just not ready.

Now with the new program the U7s and up can start getting some quality training from the club coaching staffs and be ready to move into club if they desire.
8 more weeks everyone
USA_1 Touth Sport Soccer

Whittier, CA

#2616 Jul 4, 2013
The United States' impressive uptick jumped six places in FIFA's latest world rankings, moving up to 22nd place. Alternatively, Mexico's 2013 have seen it drop three places to 20th.
Brazil has moved up 13 places to 9th position following its Confederations Cup success. but there was less encouraging news for England.
Roy Hodgson's Three Lions have tumbled six places and reside outside the top 10 in 15th place.

Spain remains the No.1 ranked team in international football, ahead of 2nd-placed Germany, while Colombia completes the top 3.

Argentina (4th), Netherlands (5th), Italy (6th), Portugal (7th), Croatia (8th) and Belgium (10th) make up the rest of the top 10.
Mexico still remains CONCACAF's top team despite its recent drop in places. Canada also fell, moving five spots down to 88th.
USA 1 Youth Sport Soccer

Concord, CA

#2617 Jul 5, 2013
US men's SOCCER ATop of current group stage only couple games from being 1st Team to qualify for World Cup Brazil before favorites in the region. Great work from international Coach with new younger Men's Soccer Team. Million's of Youth USA Soccer Players are watching...
usa v gua

Maywood, CA

#2618 Jul 5, 2013
San Diego will host tonight the Guatemalan national team in a friendly match vrs Usa. You can watch it on goal tv. Guatemala last friendly was vrs Argentina whereMessi scored three and was pulled at 65 min. final 4 to 0.
expect same...maybe 3 to 0 tonight.
watch it LMSA two guatemalan coachs in their ranks...lol
Ice Cube

Downey, CA

#2619 Jul 5, 2013
There used to be a good crop of boys talent that/would now be BU13 or 14? from AYSO/LMSA.

Where are they playing now? Are they still playing?
My son was on BU-9 All Star team with them. Coach was named Dan. Anyone know what happened to those kids? are they with LMSA club?
lmsa

La Mirada, CA

#2620 Jul 5, 2013
Ice Cube wrote:
There used to be a good crop of boys talent that/would now be BU13 or 14? from AYSO/LMSA.
Where are they playing now? Are they still playing?
My son was on BU-9 All Star team with them. Coach was named Dan. Anyone know what happened to those kids? are they with LMSA club?
BU13 is really the only good boys team and its going club.
The should do well.
You can get their schedule from the CSL site once its posted.
LMSA should have a link when it is.

Go watch a few home games. Should be fun.
Gone But Not Forgotten

Whittier, CA

#2621 Jul 5, 2013
The boys from those age groups are gone. some have returned and others haven't. BU14 went to xplosion then some left to strikers and some came back. Typical rotating of players to try to find what works best for their child. These teams are the next group that have stepped up to play. And some went to play football or full time travel baseball. At some point they choose a direction. Soccer doesn't keep the top boy's athelete's. There are other sports.
lmsa

Los Angeles, CA

#2622 Jul 6, 2013
check web site for pictures both u 13 and u 14 are pictured there. most likely u 14 was your sons team. was the coach named dan grumble.?
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

#2623 Jul 6, 2013
Gone But Not Forgotten wrote:
At some point they choose a direction. Soccer doesn't keep the top boy's athelete's. There are other sports.

And this, to most true Futbol people, is the reason why the US will not win a World Cup in the forseeable future. Our best athletes go to other sports in this country.
MLS Champion and La Liga

Whittier, CA

#2624 Jul 6, 2013
Two years ago, Tijuana played in the second division. Seven years ago it didn't exist. But the club is a desirable destination now. It won the 2012 Apertura and reached the Copa Libertadores quarterfinal this year. Owner Jorge Hank keeps adding capacity and amenities to the stadium.
“Tijuana is the total package,” Herculez Gomez said.“If you know the setup, you know what I'm talking about.” Gomez, born in Oxnard California, most recently spent a year and a half with Santos Laguna. There he scored nine goals in the CONCACAF Champions League, reaching the final twice in a row, and became the first player to win an MLS Cup and Liga MX crown.
Athletes

Whittier, CA

#2625 Jul 6, 2013
SoCalSoccer wrote:
<quoted text>
And this, to most true Futbol people, is the reason why the US will not win a World Cup in the forseeable future. Our best athletes go to other sports in this country.
how sports have changed...in the last 20 yrs. How many new Stadiums have been added for the Aging Sports. None. How many Soccer Specific 10 new ones. The Aging sports continue to lose by the 1000s yearly. The only Team Sports growing Soccer, Hockey, basketball in this country...
hour glass

Los Angeles, CA

#2626 Jul 6, 2013
Davis wrote:
No LMSA CSL teams should be playing class 1 tournaments
We have scheduled 5 class 1 tournaments
<quoted text>
So we have about seven weeks left...what are these tournaments you have been playing in or will be playing in? seems all LMSA club teams have gone tournament shy. Great class l tournaments will be under way. And some are done. waiting for some positive results before i jump on the club bandwagon. Class l expect gold teams and silver elite teams to run the scores up. The better class l tournaments Bronze teams get demoralized playing vrs solid silver and above. Don't send the tribe in to the gun fight if they only bring knifes......
Club Coach

Whittier, CA

#2627 Jul 7, 2013
hour glass wrote:
<quoted text>
So we have about seven weeks left...what are these tournaments you have been playing in or will be playing in? seems all LMSA club teams have gone tournament shy. Great class l tournaments will be under way. And some are done. waiting for some positive results before i jump on the club bandwagon. Class l expect gold teams and silver elite teams to run the scores up. The better class l tournaments Bronze teams get demoralized playing vrs solid silver and above. Don't send the tribe in to the gun fight if they only bring knifes......
Well said, hope they heed your advice

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cerritos Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 1 hr Chosen Traveler 28,510
Telephone Answering Service Helps Your Business... (Jan '11) 9 hr mossy seaman 6
ssc13cstls (Apr '08) 10 hr WEST WEST 71
Keeping La Mirada Cool (Dec '09) Sat oiny 10
Westminster man shot in possible gang violence (Dec '09) Sat 714anon 59
Review: Financial Plus Investment (Jul '08) Sat El Modelos Maxim 2,439
los Angeles police chase 12/20/2014 Kyiv Sat big huerta walkeda 1

Winter Storm Watch for Los Angeles County was issued at December 28 at 1:27PM PST

Cerritos News Video

Cerritos Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cerritos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cerritos News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cerritos

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:40 pm PST