Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

golmsaclub wrote:
<quoted text>
we shouldn't have a problem against Xplosion. I hear this is their newly formed B team, many WAYS All Stars. The other Xplosion BU13 is Silver Elite.
i know juventuswill be good its coach owns ab soccer store. hes been putting the team together with talented kids from all over the area.
the boys U 13 looks promising. the training has been intense nonstop focused and grueling .....daddy coaching at its best.
SoCalSoccer

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

rangers wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it. So when clubs update their websites and post their many accomplishments including all of the Silver, Silver Elite, Gold, Premier teams they have,we can't assume that placement in those brackets was actually earned...that those teams were promoted due to their records... Who knows how many of those teams were actually promoted due to petitions, hahaha....Nice!
For a vast majority of those teams upward relegation or maintaining your status in Silver Elite or higher is well earned and hard fought for.

And in the past, before the SCDSL, petitions were very rarely successful. But for now and maybe a couple of more years down the road a lot of boarder line teams will slip in.

But in a few years things will settle down and teams will stay put in whatever league serves them best.
Then regulation will return to how it originally was intended. Cream will rise and move up based on superior performance on the pitch. Not how they did in one or two tournaments with a few strategically placed guest players.
rangers

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

SoCalSoccer wrote:
<quoted text>
For a vast majority of those teams upward relegation or maintaining your status in Silver Elite or higher is well earned and hard fought for.
And in the past, before the SCDSL, petitions were very rarely successful. But for now and maybe a couple of more years down the road a lot of boarder line teams will slip in.
But in a few years things will settle down and teams will stay put in whatever league serves them best.
Then regulation will return to how it originally was intended. Cream will rise and move up based on superior performance on the pitch. Not how they did in one or two tournaments with a few strategically placed guest players.
LOL! That's hilarious! Placing 6th in the standings out of 7 teams in your bracket (BronzeCentral 2012) is hardly a BORDERLINE team that, is "slipping in" to a silver promotion!!! That's funny! Rather than being regulated, they were promoted...wait,a Bronze teams can't get regulated, right? Nonetheless, your "slipping in" theory doesn't apply in this case....but it IS funny.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2013

Judged:

rangers wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! That's hilarious! Placing 6th in the standings out of 7 teams in your bracket (BronzeCentral 2012) is hardly a BORDERLINE team that, is "slipping in" to a silver promotion!!! That's funny! Rather than being regulated, they were promoted...wait,a Bronze teams can't get regulated, right? Nonetheless, your "slipping in" theory doesn't apply in this case....but it IS funny.
You should try to pay a little more attention.

You are basing your assumption on how a team did last year. And that is not how decisions are made. It is the body of work of a team.

So maybe that team did well in State Cup.
Maybe it did well in Spring soccer. Maybe it did well in Spring Cup.
Maybe it did well in several tournaments of the season after Fall.

Maybe it combined with a team that was a Silver team, already and if it picks up an X number of Silver kids from the same team, if so it can be considered to BE that Silver team for ranking purposes.

CSL has a lot of rules in place that can be worked either for or against a team.

I mean take a look at the LMSA GU10 that went to Silver straight out of the starting block.

This is their FIRST season in Fall CSL. They have no record from last Fall for CSL to base its Silver ranking on.
But it did well in Spring, it did well in Spring Cup, it did well in State Cup. That body of work justified, at least to CSL the ranking of Silver. Again for a FIRST year team out of a Rec program.

This would have been unheard of in the pre-SCDSL years.

But its a brand now day for everyone.
Davis

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Whatever the reason for the promotion I know that there was one AND WE DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT IT WAS, maybe they merged with another team to warrant their promotion, again we have no idea what or may have happened. We are just bloging away thinking that something shady happened and trying to pick on one group over another.
But whatever the reasoning was it is better then the SCDSL doc saying lets move this team up because I want to have a tier II or tier I team at this age to make more money.
club coach

Maywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

does anyone know the total of LMSAcoaches seeking the D lic? in fullerton.So with this new D level coaches can we expect some of the directors seeking C Lic. now? alaway room to grow and learn....specially at the top.
Davis

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

We have 3
some coaches may go to C next year
directors seeking C do you mean coaches or me
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

Davis wrote:
Whatever the reason for the promotion I know that there was one AND WE DON'T HAVE A CLUE WHAT IT WAS, maybe they merged with another team to warrant their promotion, again we have no idea what or may have happened. We are just bloging away thinking that something shady happened and trying to pick on one group over another.
But whatever the reasoning was it is better then the SCDSL doc saying lets move this team up because I want to have a tier II or tier I team at this age to make more money.
I don't think something shady happened.
It happened and there was a reason for it. Period.
Nobody knows what the real reason was for it except that team and CSL. And that's all that matters.

Whomever doesn't like it, oh well, beat them on the pitch and prove CSL wrong. That's the only viable option for the disenchanted

And as far as SCDSL they will start a "League Cup" type of tournament at the end of their season within 2 years. Too many people are asking for it.
Mark my words
club coach

Maywood, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Davis wrote:
We have 3
some coaches may go to C next year
directors seeking C do you mean coaches or me
its always good to have the chiefs higher then the Indians. Those involved from the soccer development of the kids to the coaching development aswell.
Davis

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Agree
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Do you know what a Badge collector is ?
Its someone who takes all the classes, has all the certificates but is still at the entry level mentality.
There are a lot of them in Cal South
skeptic

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 27, 2013

Judged:

So have any of the LMSA club teams played any decent tournaments? or are they all waiting for the Jusa Friendship tournament?
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

I believe one of the boys team has played an early season2013 tournament.The next eight weeks is when the majority of tournaments are being played....check the LMSA web site for for any positive results.
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

After Fall 2012 most of the teams that have eventually went Club have participated in a tournament or two. Most lower tier tournaments but
it was good experience for them and help them make the decision to go Club.

Some of the tournaments:
Anaheim Tourn
Newport-Mesa Tourn.
Spring Cup
Obviously State (Governer) Cup
Probably others as well.

Its the teams that just stayed in JUSA and did ok in the season ending tournament that I think will have the biggest problems in club. B14 comes to mind.
lmsa dad

Bell, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

i see most teams playing coast doing fine. but thereis two or three teams with the potential to win their brackets does coast move one team up or two top teams up a bracket
Club

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

lmsa dad wrote:
i see most teams playing coast doing fine. but thereis two or three teams with the potential to win their brackets does coast move one team up or two top teams up a bracket
Only Top 2 Teams are looked at for advancing in each bracket for that level... Good luck & your new real Soccer adventures awaits
Davis

La Habra, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2013

BRACKETING POLICIES FOR “RETURNING TEAMS”
2. Returning teams, which finished in first (1st) place in their bracket the
previous season, will be promoted. Should a spot in a higher bracket remain
open after all first (1st) place teams have been promoted, then Second (2n) place
teams and relegated teams may be considered for promotion. A team MAY, at
the sole discretion of the CSL Board of Directors, be promoted more than one (1)
bracket (e.g. from Bronze to Gold). Returning teams, which placed in fifth (5th)
place or below the prior season, WILL be considered for relegation (e.g. Gold to
the best_1 Sport Soccer

Whittier, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2013

Wednesday's semi-final between Brazil and Uruguay drew an audience of more than 53.5 million across nine global TV markets according to figures released by the world governing body on Saturday, a record for the tournament. Confederation's Cup. yahoosports
lmsa dad

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

When playing tournaments?and they say unlimited guest players. The rule is guest players can play if correct age for one, and what is the rule for guesting players from gold teams to LMSA bronze teams? Can playersthat play up a year guest with a younger team? kids are scarce the summer months....yikes!
SoCalSoccer

La Mirada, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Judged:

All tourneys care about is correct age.
It doesn't matter if they played up all season
Age is all that matters
There are no "Gold"players just Gold teams.

Players move all over the place in a Club.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Cerritos News Video

•••
•••

Cerritos Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cerritos People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••